Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Hi From Seclusion!!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tempest Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 13 2013, 16:22

Hi everyone! I am a newbie from the Highlands of Scotland and I am very glad to be amongst you all. I hope to share my experiences of how Mike's music has played a huge part in my life, and to make friends and hear your experiences too!

I have already had a good browse around and this is a great place to be - it feels like 'home' already!

--------------
Be Yourself.......Everyone Else Is Already Taken. ~Oscar Wilde~
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2013, 16:12

Hiya - nice to meet you.  That is an interesting part of the world, I had a nice holiday there back in 2007.  As per my username, I'm from Australia, but born in the UK.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 15 2013, 16:23

Welcome to tubular.net, Tempest!

Glad to hear you're already feeling at home here. Unfortunately, we're still working on getting Mike and/or Universal to sponsor a drinks cabinet and tea and coffee making facilities, but feel free to bring your own choice of beverage and settle in a comfy chair. Inkanta will be along with her Tubular Bell cookies shortly.

I look forward to hearing of all your experiences :)
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Oct. 21 2013, 11:04

Welcome, Tempest! Lately I've been experimenting with a beer-cheese-pretzel/cracker type thing....we'll see how that goes. :)

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Chrissy Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2013, 18:36

Hi,

I'm also from the Highlands of Scotland

Have been looking at these forums over the last few weeks and they are a great source of info. Without the forum I may even have missed the BBC4 prog on Mike.

Been a fan since 1982 when I bought Five Miles Out - what a fab cover that has.

Best album for me has got to be Ommadawn and thrilled that Mike has a new album coming out in 2014. Yeah, like many on here I would love it to be an Instrumental album, but any new material from Mike is always great news.

Glad to have found this community of people who also love Mike's music.
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Nov. 09 2013, 05:32

Welcome, Chrissy - and Tempest before you - from one of the forums' lowland Scots.  Olivier built a fine site to answer casual and deep levels of inquiry, but the lure of the boards is a siren call to the Oldfield urges that lie deep within us all!

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Dec. 01 2013, 16:05

Hi Chrissy--a belated welcome to the forums!

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
6 replies since Oct. 13 2013, 16:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net