[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Hergest Ridge - Live ?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Amarox Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 23 2010, 12:16

Hello everyone,

My first post here. :)

Hergest Ridge has, as far as I know, never been played live in any part.
Wouldn´t it be a treat for the next tour Mike does, (if he does) ?

Best regards,
Amarox
Profile PM 
Spinne Offline

Posted: May 23 2010, 12:56

An excerpt from part 2 was played in most nights of the 1982 european tour  :cool:
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: May 24 2010, 11:03

Welcome, Amarox. :)

Yeah, it would definitely be great if Mike would play HR on tour sometime, but I wouldn't keep my fingers crossed, 'cause I don't think he likes it very much.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 24 2010, 18:03

@ Syd B: that's why he remixed it for Boxed - because he didn't like it! :D I guess that now he's done another remix of it, which features more of the original mix, because, maybe, he has re-acquainted with it a bit more than he had in 1975. But I agree with you that there are very little chances of him doing anything from HR live, because it's very complex. Much more complex than TB or Ommadawn, IMHO.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Amarox Offline

Posted: May 24 2010, 18:13

Thank you for the answers!
"Hergest Ridge" has grown on me recently.
It´s now almost on the same level for me as "Ommadawn" and "Amarok."
Really looking forward to the new remix/remastering. :)
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: June 04 2010, 18:23

Quote (Amarox @ May 24 2010, 18:13)
Thank you for the answers!
"Hergest Ridge" has grown on me recently.
It´s now almost on the same level for me as "Ommadawn" and "Amarok."

Yeah, there's something very special about it... Ommadawn is probably technically stronger, but Hergest Ridge has this indescribable quality about it that puts it up with Ommadawn and the rest for me as well.
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: June 04 2010, 20:44

Agree with you all 'Hergest Ridge' is exceptional and as a matter of fact it's one of my brother's Mike's favourite album. It's a pity as well it's not one of "dad's" favourites for playing live, as well as 'Incantations', in my opinion even more complex and even better.

I use to dream about a concert with excerpts similar to which you can find in the four sides of 'The Complete', for me by far the best compilation ever, not only by
Mike Oldfield, but just by any artist: the artwork, the general taste of it. i remember enjoying it at my age of 12 feeling it like a proper new album.

I think one day Mike will think about touring with the good old hidden material we all like, just like the first 4 studio albums, the eighties stuff and the rest of it (the whole of his discography, in other words  :p . I'm speaking about a disperse concert with lots of surprises and amazing arrangements of obscure, wonderful gems like, say, 'Incantations' or 'Taurus I,II,III...';).

I think by now we have to carry on dreaming, but I bet you if Mike reads this, he'll start to think about it... :cool:

Delfín>>

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
6 replies since May 23 2010, 12:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net