Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Herbie Armstrong< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 18 2010, 11:28

With all the talk at the moment about Ommadawn and Herbie's playing which we can now hear on the lost demo I did a quick net to check to see what he has been up to. Looks like he is now landlord of the Fountain Inn just up from Portsmouth and sometimes takes part in their twice weekly jamming sessions! If only I lived closer :/

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 18 2010, 12:16

Herbie Armstrong..   Top Guy.. Was involved with Kenny Young Co Writing in the 70s on the Fox Albums & Yellow Dog Follow up...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ7rQYdhqnQ
:cool:

Also used to Play with Van Morrisson...  Not aware of a MO Connection ..  He could of though .

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: June 18 2010, 14:17

This is really curious, Herbie now a hotel/pub owner, and Mike Frye a Deluxe Tourist Driver,... nice combination!!

http://www.ichauffeur.co.uk/tour/bespoke/
Profile PM 
Airborne Offline

Posted: June 18 2010, 15:25

You have the wrong guy.
Herbie was not Herbie Armstrong but another local musician who lived near Mike in Herefordshire.
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 18 2010, 18:38

Hmmmm. Interesting. this link also queries whether Herbie Armstrong is the "Herbie" on Ommadawn. Anyone know?

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Airborne Offline

Posted: June 19 2010, 14:07

He was only known as Herbie because his surname was Herbert. The man should have be given a full credit as his contribution to the lost Ommadawn is exquisite and it paved the way for Mike to "upgrade" to Paddy Moloney when the opportunity arose.
Profile PM 
5 replies since June 18 2010, 11:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net