Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Hello, Tubular.Net< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
SunkenForest Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 20 2010, 15:07

How's it going, Tubular.net?

I am actually a long-time lurker and occasional visitor of several years.  I have, with my purchase of Heaven's Open, Islands, and Tr3s Lunas, recently (essentially) completed my MO discography.  I decided to celebrate by finally jumping into the discussion here.  I've been a fan now for roughly half my life and I'll most likely be around on these boards for quite some time.  In effect, I already have been, I suppose, although until now I really couldn't think of anything constructive to say.

Nice to meet you all!

Cheers,
SunkenForest
Profile PM 
smillsoid Offline

Posted: Jan. 20 2010, 15:15

Hi there, Sunken!  Don't worry - no one ever has anything constructive to say round here.  You could be the first!  LOL :laugh:

--------------
http://www.reverbnation.com/simonjmills
Profile PM WEB 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Jan. 20 2010, 15:25

Hey man, great u completed that discography. This is a wonderland of fun. Jokes, puns, insanity, real fun. Watch yourself at post #666, something weird might happen. I guess it's all in good fun. Welcome!
Jimbo

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 20 2010, 15:42

Welcome to tb.net!

If you've been lurking a while, you'll know that occasionally there isn't much new to say hence discussions of canned food etc. from time to time  :D

New thoughts on Mikes music do still appear however and I'll look forward to hearing yours. Or sometimes just something you hadn't realised before. For instance last night I was at a local high school concert. The "guitar group" was listed as playing "Recuerdos de la Alhambra" in the programme. I hadn't realised until they started playing that that was the original name of "Etude" which Mike re-arranged! Was nice to hear as well in a different arrangement for about a dozen classical guitars - even if the standard of playing was variable!

Learn something new every day...

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Jan. 20 2010, 18:08

Sunken Forest I love your name.  Welcome to this site where we talk about allsorts of feisty stuff.
Profile PM 
SunkenForest Offline

Posted: Jan. 20 2010, 19:06

Sunken Forest I love your name

Thanks; I felt it appropriate for a reformed lurker.  Although I've recently been somewhat semi-addicted to Millennium Bell (I'm still trying to work out why it's been stuck in my head so damn much in the past week - particularly that last 45 seconds of Pacha Mama where everything gets all epic), TSODE is the album with which I most identify.

I used to work in a library for a number of years that had a cluttered and cramped office behind the circulation desk, and every day I would lunch there while my best friend at the time did computer programming.  The head librarian was one of the most interesting guys I've ever known, and he always stayed on the cutting edge of everything.  I really looked up to him, and he unfortunately passed away recently, but he got involved in some sort of program where we would get CDs (most of them unlistenable).  One such CD was Songs of Distant Earth - my first exposure to MO.  My friend and I played it every day during lunch on this crappy, tinny-sounding CD boombox that distorted practically everything (which really killed anything resembling sound quality, but made "the chamber" sound pretty cool.)

By the end of the year, the CD was so tossed around and, shall we say, "well-loved" that the case wouldn't stay closed anymore, and the disk was more scratched than a hypersensitive dog with fleas.

I bought my own copy, but the sentimental value totally stays (I can't believe this was over a decade ago) - the only other thing that comes close is "Lake Constance" for different reasons, but "Constance" wouldn't make a very manly handle.
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Jan. 20 2010, 19:22

Welcome Sunken Forest, enjoy the forums. Lots of laughs, quirky humour, some not so serious discussion but always entertaining! Deb
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 20 2010, 23:35

Welcome, SunkenForest! Great that you worked in a library with a librarian on the bleeding edge! That's actually how I got dragged into Second Life a few years back--by my former library organization, on the bleeding edge! Great place to be though, and so nice that the head librarian where you were let there be light--by collecting a few good CDs like TSODE. :D

Your name reminds me....somewhere I have a recipe for Sunken Forest Casserole. It is a vegetarian recipe with cheese sauce. It is yummier than the Enchanted Broccoli Forest, which sends the kids fleeing.

Anyway, enjoy the forums! :)

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
SunkenForest Offline

Posted: Jan. 21 2010, 00:19

I'd eat em both.  I love cooking.
Profile PM 
8 replies since Jan. 20 2010, 15:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net