Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Hello everyone !, My presentation< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Nikko Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 17 2012, 16:43

Hello everyone !

I'm a french fan of Mike Oldfield's music. I'm very happy to join this forum, and I'll do my best to post in a correct english.

I live in France near the swiss border (very close to The Lake) and I'm 36 years old.

Talking about Oldfield's music, my preferate albums are Ommadawn (especially the 2010 version), The songs of distant earth, Tubular bells III, Hergest Ridge and Music of the spheres. Concerning live performances, Mike's best one is Katowice according to me. But I still have lots of live recording to discover.

I'm only occasionally on the internet because I'm fond of forest and moutains, and I use to walk a lot through nature. Sometimes I even listen to Oldfield's music during the ride : Ommadawn sounds to me like tree's breathing, Hergest Ridge like ground's wispering, and The songs like stars' sparkling...

I'm also fan of 80's japanese animation, especially the ones directed by Osamu Dezaki and Akio Sugino. I've posted one of my edits in the topic "video inspired by Mike". It's an AMV made with Let there be light as soundtrack. Hope you'll enjoy it !

Oh ! I was about to forget ... I like beer, but I don't like cheese ^^
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 19 2012, 17:55

Quote (Nikko @ Dec. 17 2012, 20:43)
Oh ! I was about to forget ... I like beer, but I don't like cheese ^^

*gasp*

But...this means you'll only be able to enjoy half of the annual tubular.net cheese and beer festival!

I should probably admit right away that there actually is no such thing as a tubular.net cheese and beer festival...but wouldn't it be fun? Apart from the cheese bit, from your point of view at least.

Well anyway, welcome to the forum!
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Dec. 20 2012, 03:30

Quote (Nikko @ Dec. 17 2012, 22:43)
I live in France near the swiss border (very close to The Lake) and I'm 36 years old.

Hello

Pour moi, c'est le contraire, je vis en Suisse, mais tout près de la frontière française...à quelques minutes de Chamonix!

:)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Nikko Offline

Posted: Dec. 21 2012, 11:06

Enchanté ! nous sommes donc voisins... environ twenty five miles out l'un de l'autre !

Quote (Korgscrew @ Dec. 19 2012, 17:55)
But...this means you'll only be able to enjoy half of the annual tubular.net cheese and beer festival!

Well... let's do a deal : I give you my serving of cheese, and I'll drink two pints of beer !
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 22 2012, 08:19

Quote (Nikko @ Dec. 21 2012, 15:06)
Well... let's do a deal : I give you my serving of cheese, and I'll drink two pints of beer !

I like the way you think ;)
Profile PM 
4 replies since Dec. 17 2012, 16:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net