Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Hello, A wee introduction.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
LemKuiper Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 03 2006, 04:31

Hi,

I haven't posted to this forum before so thought I'd drop in to say howdy. I know Tubularbelle has been promoting me on Youtube. Daft woman that she is...  ;)

I've been a fan of Mike since I was about 10 when I first started wanting to play the guitar. I'm now 41 and still listen to Mike's stuff but spend most of my time these days making my own music. Which is quite MO influenced a lot of the time. He certainly has been a huge influence on my style of playing (especially on the electric guitar).

You can check out my stuff on my Youtube channel Youtube

or my website at My Webpage

Any feedback (good or bad) is most welcome.

This is a great site to a great musician. Mike is an amazing composer and in my opinion is one of the most under rated guitarists out there. If I could play like him...well... :/
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2006, 04:37

Good to have you with us (again).
You, and your music, are most welcome here.
You're a great musician already.
No need for you to become a second Mike.

Edit:
p.s. Thanks for the Little Princes mp3.

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
SentinelGard Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2006, 05:28

Welcome to tubular.net LemKuiper  :cool:

--------------
"Onwards & Upwards'"
Profile PM WEB 
MikeAholic Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2006, 08:29

Hi Len,

Yes Tubularbelle did a great job promoting you ...

Following her links, I downloaded your music from your web site.

I find your music very enjoyable, and some of the tunes even give me goose bumps. In that you are on par with Mike himself, becuase I enjoy his music very much, and a few of his tunes give me goose bumps too.

Thanks for sharing your music with us. Please let us know if you make a record some times. You will have at least one buyer from Belgium  :)

--------------
I sure hope that Mike realises what joy he brings to us !
Profile PM WEB 
LemKuiper Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2006, 09:11

Quote (MikeAholic @ Dec. 03 2006, 08:29)
Thanks for sharing your music with us. Please let us know if you make a record some times. You will have at least one buyer from Belgium  :)

Thanks!

I'll never make a commercial record. But I'm getting better at recording all the time and will always put my stuff up for download. (There's a new one up today! "Geetaramundo")

I believe in sharing not selling!  I would appreciate anybody subscribing to my vids on Youtube though as well as comments and ratings.

:D
Profile PM WEB 
SoimSandheaver Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2006, 12:24

Welcome aboard, Lem! I've been hearing some of your music, thanks to TubularBelle. I can't post an opinion on YouTube cos I haven't got an account, but I'd just like to say I'm a big fan. It's good to see that Mike can have such an inspirational impact on others such as yourself which can inspire more great music. Hope to hear more of it soon!

--------------
"Three blokes go into a pub, one of them's a little bit stupid, then the whole scene unfolds, with a tedious inevitability."
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Dec. 04 2006, 03:21

Daft in the nicest possible way   :D

And President of the LemKuiper Appreciation Society.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
MikeAholic Offline

Posted: Dec. 04 2006, 15:15

Len,

Just to let you know. In my current mode these days I like the following songs the most:
Out of the Blue
Geetaramundo
Octoberday.

I just browsed your web. Where did you take the picture of the goose family taking a hike on a motorway ?

Erik

--------------
I sure hope that Mike realises what joy he brings to us !
Profile PM WEB 
LemKuiper Offline

Posted: Dec. 04 2006, 16:18

Quote (MikeAholic @ Dec. 04 2006, 15:15)
Len,

Just to let you know. In my current mode these days I like the following songs the most:
Out of the Blue
Geetaramundo
Octoberday.

I just browsed your web. Where did you take the picture of the goose family taking a hike on a motorway ?

Erik

Thanks.

The geese? That was taken in the car park of Blair Drummond Safari Park near Stirling. They weren't moving for anyone!...  :)
Profile PM WEB 
8 replies since Dec. 03 2006, 04:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net