Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Hello!, Er, just sayin' hello!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ommaGeddon Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 21 2009, 11:15

Hi everyone,

I recently re-discovered Mike’s music (I was a big fan of TB as a kid back in the 1970s) and found myself playing Ommadawn continuously this morning – I had forgotten how awesome Part 1 was!  :D

Anyway, I found myself wondering why nobody else I know seems to be into this stuff and then I found your forum. It seems we’re scattered all over the place! (I live near Bristol in England.)

Anyway, hi again and looking forward to posting on this forum!  :)

‘Geddon
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: Nov. 21 2009, 19:10

Hello!  :) I hope you have a good time here, everybody is really nice. From what you said in your post I assume you're more into Mike's earlier years. So am I, although I really like TSODE
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Nov. 21 2009, 20:14

Hi and welcome! Check out the discography forum. Lots of Mike's earlier works there! There are YouTube videos to view which you may like, Deb
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 21 2009, 21:22

Welcome to the forums, ommaGeddon! You will certainly be able to make additional Discoveries here within this virtual tubular space! Enjoy!

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2009, 02:04

I was overjoyed as well, to become a member here 2+ years ago. Having no one to talk about MO with....as well as a fine source of news and info.....Enjoy! There are also a wealth of files to download, some very rare, some just blatant free copies of new stuff like the Bahama-ized TB1 remix. The midi files are good to download and learn how to play the key/git parts with. Its a great place for jokes, puns and just plain fun. Welcome aboard.
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
ommaGeddon Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2009, 03:38

Thanks guys! It’s great to feel welcome. :)

You’re right, Syd, I do like MO’s early stuff the most but I’m also particularly fond of Amarok and TSODE. I guess I’ve gone all nostalgic about the ‘70s because I was a teenager back then.

Thanks for the tip, Deb. The discography section is fabulous. A lot of stuff I didn’t know… Somebody must have spent a lot of time doing all of that!

I’ve certainly been making some additional Discoveries here, Inkanta. I lost contact with what Mike did between 1980 and 1990 (except for hearing Moonlight Shadow on the radio) so it’s great to catch up… BTW, love your virtual Tubular T-Shirt! I’ve just got a worn out black and white one… :(

And very pleased to meet you, Scatterplot. It’s great to see that there are other musicians here. I’ll be checking out those MIDI files…
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2009, 04:28

Been here for almost 8 years and I love this place,lots of stuff for  all types of MO fans!

Enjoy!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 22 2009, 05:30

Welcome to the forums ommaGeddon!

Bristol? That is quite near Old Down Country Park. You visited there?

Cheers

Matt

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
ommaGeddon Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2009, 07:25

Hi Tati - thanks for posting those Oldfield location pics!

And hi Matt - thanks for your welcome! Yes I have been to Old Down Country Park once before – impressive place! It’s quite a way from where I live, though – I’m south of Bristol.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Dec. 01 2009, 07:52

Hi.I live in Banbury North Oxon so not too far from Bristol.Welcome aboard.By the way thanks for the PM about the Guitarist interview.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Dec. 02 2009, 16:43

Hello!
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2009, 18:15

A bit tardy, but Hello Ommageddon!

I was down in Devon for the last 20 years, just moved up country.

This here is a pretty cool fan base - much friendlier than many others. Just a little quiet now with no new Oldfield work to talk about - and not a lot of hope for any either :(

Enjoy your visits, always somebody willing to bash brain cells with you

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
ommaGeddon Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2009, 03:57

Hi guys and thanks for your welcome!  :)
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2009, 04:29

Hey, let's not forget myspace(I have a musician page there) scatterplotjim. Become my freind there too. jimbobuys@yahoo.com will get you into my Facebook. You and me can be crew in mafia wars and yoville. I'm a night shift worker who mucks on a PC all night. Even if you dont play, just add yourself as my crew. I/we will gain power. Glad you like it here. I do too. Tubenet is always magnetic north for me when I fire up a PC. Have fun.
Jimbo

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2009, 04:56

Jim and Ommageddon taking over the world on the graveyard shift! I can just imagine the fun and mayhem you will get up to! Id join but I work 9to5 so am asleep! Besides its a guy thing. Have outrageous fun, especially now the silly season upon us! Deb
Profile PM 
ommaGeddon Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2009, 05:44

Quote (Scatterplot @ Dec. 06 2009, 09:29)
Hey, let's not forget myspace(I have a musician page there) scatterplotjim. Become my freind there too. jimbobuys@yahoo.com will get you into my Facebook. You and me can be crew in mafia wars and yoville. I'm a night shift worker who mucks on a PC all night. Even if you dont play, just add yourself as my crew. I/we will gain power. Glad you like it here. I do too. Tubenet is always magnetic north for me when I fire up a PC. Have fun.
Jimbo

I haven’t gotten into MySpace or Facebook yet - I was saving all of that for when my own ‘opus one’ is ready – but I might do that soon anyway - thanks for the invite... Glad to see you’re keeping the prog flag flying, scatter, with your Rollercoaster. And I see you’re from Austin, home of one of my favourite guitar players, Eric Johnson! :)
Profile PM 
15 replies since Nov. 21 2009, 11:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net