Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: heeeeee!, I did it!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Silver Negus Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 20 2010, 14:15

ok  for months Its been on my mind....and eventually to day I got it done.  I got a tattoo just above my right ankle, a heart and a crown symbol.  I love it, now, for my next one.....

Has anyone else on here got some cool tattoos?
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 20 2010, 14:28

After many years of thinking about having one...finally got mine.

Have you got a pic of your new tattoo?

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: July 20 2010, 14:30

Thats amazing!  Did you get it recently?
Profile PM 

Posted: July 20 2010, 14:31

Quote (Silver Negus @ July 20 2010, 19:30)
Thats amazing!  Did you get it recently?

Mine took me 2 sessions,a 45-min session in mid-May for the TB and then a 3-hour session less than two weeks ago. Still healing...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: July 20 2010, 14:39

Oh wow you strong girl, dont think I could lasted 3 hours.  You know I was tempted to get a tubular bell symbol, hmmm
Profile PM 

Posted: July 20 2010, 15:20

During my long session I did meditate...and listened to music. It was quite of a rite of passage for me in many ways,and I have it done when I felt I was ready for it.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 20 2010, 16:35

Quote (Silver Negus @ July 20 2010, 19:39)
You know I was tempted to get a tubular bell symbol, hmmm

That can be your next one! Left ankle maybe ;)

p.s. Tati, love that tattoo!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: July 20 2010, 17:08

Quote (Matt @ July 20 2010, 16:35)
Quote (Silver Negus @ July 20 2010, 19:39)
You know I was tempted to get a tubular bell symbol, hmmm

That can be your next one! Left ankle maybe ;)

p.s. Tati, love that tattoo!

yeah.hmmm? Decisions. Hi Matt how have you been?
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 23 2010, 11:13

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ July 21 2010, 04:28)
After many years of thinking about having one...finally got mine.

Have you got a pic of your new tattoo?

What an awesome Tattoo Tati.
The detail on the bell is amazing.
Welcome to the TB tat club :)
Profile PM 
Cooper Roy Offline

Posted: July 23 2010, 17:41

Quote (milamber @ July 23 2010, 11:13)
The detail on the bell is amazing...

That brought tears to my eyes,I gotta tell you!  :O

CR

--------------
"I have nothing but sympathy for how people behave-and nothing but laughter to console them with.Laughter is my religion.In the manner of most religions, I admit my laughter is pretty desperate."
                                                                   John Irving
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 29 2010, 12:37

Oh Tati--that is so cool! I'd seen the first part (the tubular bell) and was wondering if you'd had the rest done and how it looked! I have been thinking of a tubular bell for a decade--it's probably time to get it done or forget about it!

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 

Posted: July 29 2010, 14:44

Quote (milamber @ July 23 2010, 16:13)
The detail on the bell is amazing.
Welcome to the TB tat club :)

Thanks to the only female tattoo artist from this great tattoo studio where I live here in England,saw her work and I thought that she was the one to do the job - even the receptionist said that she was the one for it!

Quote (Inkanta @ July 29 2010, 17:37)
Oh Tati--that is so cool! I'd seen the first part (the tubular bell) and was wondering if you'd had the rest done and how it looked! I have been thinking of a tubular bell for a decade--it's probably time to get it done or forget about it!

I was lucky enough to find a tattoist whose drawing captured exactly what I wanted...my phoenix + my TB in one piece,not if it was two separated tattoos. Both have strong connections with my personal life as whole.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: July 30 2010, 09:29

Congrats on the tattoo, Silver! I've wanted one for a while but haven't built up the courage yet.

And Tati: this may sound like a stupid question, but was that painful? :D
Profile PM 

Posted: July 30 2010, 13:47

Quote (Syd B @ July 30 2010, 14:29)
And Tati: this may sound like a stupid question, but was that painful? :D

It isn't that painful...the worst part for me was on the last half hour for my phoenix,to do the colouring. The skin was really crying for help,but the pain is nothing out of this world!

Me,a "I hate pain" fan.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Posted: July 30 2010, 21:40

No, my tattoo didn't hurt at all. I expect Cooper would have a baseball bat twisted like a tubular bell!  :D
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 31 2010, 01:27

I have no tattoos or piercings. I guess that makes me a dork(or old school). Not my cup of tea....don't like tea except COLD sugurless Luisianne tea. Lipton is OK. Never understood Texans. They like sweet tea. To me, tea is bitter and COLD to quench thirst. What does this have to do with anything, Jim? I don't know??? MO was/is prog(the arguement settled). Copper is a great medium thru which to swap electrons. Patrick Moraz was good but got dumped on by the Moody Blues. If I had a tatoo I would make sure it's visable. It would say: EAT ME! But my job wouldn't like that. Hope u "Tubularians" are doing well.
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: July 31 2010, 08:57

Tati - I don't have any tatoos either. Yours is a fabulous work of art though, and you have a nice back for it. What did your dad say about it when he was over?

Scatterplot - I think the art to a good cup of tea is using a teapot. I remember when I lived in the US in the 80s everyone used teabags with a string attached. Shops/stores didn't stock teapots.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: July 31 2010, 21:46

Quote (wiga @ July 31 2010, 08:57)
Tati - I don't have any tatoos either. Yours is a fabulous work of art though, and you have a nice back for it. What did your dad say about it when he was over?

Scatterplot - I think the art to a good cup of tea is using a teapot. I remember when I lived in the US in the 80s everyone used teabags with a string attached. Shops/stores didn't stock teapots.

Are you fond of Lapsang Souchong, Wiga? I find that one type of tea almost addictive - I've no idea why.
Profile PM 
17 replies since July 20 2010, 14:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net