[ Log In :: Register ]

Question: Have you voted for Mike in the Classical Brits? :: Total Votes:22
Poll choices Votes Statistics
Yes and I've got my friends and family to vote as well 3  [13.64%]
Yes, just the one vote here 19  [86.36%]
No, 'cos I don't think he'll win (or you don't like MoTS...) 0  [0.00%]
Guests cannot vote

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Have you voted for Mike in the Classical Brits?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tubular_trekkie Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 22 2009, 14:23

Just trying to gauge how many of us have voted for MoTS as the NS&I Album of the Year. I'd like to see whether he actually has a chance of winning based on how many fans we can mobilise!  :)

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2009, 17:34

I voted... just my vote, because my mom doesn't care at all about any of this stuff. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Mar. 23 2009, 04:16

Have voted and asked other to do so too, but not sure they will.
Reminder on Facebook and will add a banner if someone artistic out there can do one.

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Mar. 23 2009, 10:02

I voted but it's only me i'm afraid.Outside of my band and a few other friends nobody else i know would know Oldfield's music if it hit them in their cloth ears!
 If only they knew what we all know. :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Mar. 23 2009, 21:54

At the risk of being shot down, I don't think MotS deserves it. A piece like "Sunset" from Light and Shade is worth the whole of MotS, in my opinion.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 23 2009, 22:06

For me, MOTS doesn't show off Mike's musical talent,but at least it's his chance to get reconized somewhat!

Even my friends who don't like MO have voted for him!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2009, 10:50

Off topic but i have to know.Read a transcription of a MO web chat on the BBC last night and someone on there was called Tati.Was this you?
 And well done for getting more votes.OK MOTS isn't really representative of Mike but it's a damn good peice in it's own right so it should win on it's own merit.

--------------
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2009, 10:56

Even if you don't think MoTS is one of his greatest works (although I do, incidentally), it's nice to see that no one has chosen the third option.
-Well, so far at least...

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2009, 11:06

I did vote. Nobody ever told me if being a guldern American discounts my aiys. I put I was from UK. The way I see it I am. "United" states. Couple that with me being James. There's a King James version of the bible. Put the 2 together and it works for me. Your not buying any of this are you.......Oh well.
James

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2009, 12:55

Ah but at least you did vote,even if you did have to lie a wee bit.But no i'm afraid your attempt to prove yourself to be British failed miserably old chap.One cannot fool one about one's Britishness old fruit  :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Mar. 24 2009, 13:22

Quote (Scatterplot @ Mar. 24 2009, 11:06)
I did vote. Nobody ever told me if being a guldern American discounts my aiys. I put I was from UK. The way I see it I am. "United" states. Couple that with me being James. There's a King James version of the bible. Put the 2 together and it works for me. Your not buying any of this are you.......Oh well.
James

I seem to recall from my history lessons that prior to the war of independence we sort of stopped you being able to vote, whilst still charging you taxes. Great idea if you can get away with it. Obviously in the end we didn't! (So we just do that to working under 18s now).

So anyway, perhaps we owe the Americans an extra vote or two.  :D

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2009, 13:33

But, the RAF and USAF always blast things to rubble together, like baddass brothers. Doesn't that make my vote count? Somebody mucks with the US or England we get payback together, yes Clotty?

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2009, 22:58

Quote (The Caveman @ Mar. 24 2009, 11:50)
Off topic but i have to know.Read a transcription of a MO web chat on the BBC last night and someone on there was called Tati.Was this you?

And well done for getting more votes.OK MOTS isn't really representative of Mike but it's a damn good peice in it's own right so it should win on it's own merit.

Yep...it was me on that,what a lucky moment(btw I had another one in 2003).

Go vote for MIKE \o/

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Mark Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2009, 09:43

No, I didn't vote. MOTS doesn't deserve a vote in this category. Still a nice album though.
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2009, 14:31

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ Mar. 22 2009, 14:23)
Just trying to gauge how many of us have voted for MoTS as the NS&I Album of the Year. I'd like to see whether he actually has a chance of winning based on how many fans we can mobilise!  :)

I have voted.
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: April 19 2009, 08:57

Thought I'd give this a bump to see whether anyone else needs reminding to vote...  :D

--------------

Profile PM 
15 replies since Mar. 22 2009, 14:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net