Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Have I missed anything ?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
timshen Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 20 2001, 11:40

I think I've experienced all in the MVR demo but I want to check to make sure! I guess there is only one ring to collect in the demo and the following is a list of items to be encountered with music etc...

*Cactus (initially burning)
*Two barren brown trees near cactus sometimes with rainbow rays of light going upwards and a little shrub at each base.
* A white barren tree.
*A blue barren tree (doesn't mike like leaves ?)
* A sphere thing that takes you to the portal with three other sphere things before it.
* A small white thicket with a scorpion where the ring appears after kicking the three spehere thingys through the portal.
*White horse with white rays emanating from it initially.
*The instructions sign.
*Several transluscent rocks.
*A woman who says something like 'dorian'in a whisper.
*A boomarang with spheres emanating from it as you get closer.
*A butterfly that takes you to butterfly land (can become a red or yellow butterfly).
*A flying white stalk which comes on getting the ring and you can fly into a sphere to add to the music and also fly into and become the rose.
* A scorpion who will send you back to the beginning on getting too close.
* The black screen with an exploding spray ofbutterflies, white stalks etc. on going through the portal.
* A collection of red flying diamond-like things that don't seem to do much.
* A space ship that is beyond the blue barrier.
* A volcano that explodes on making a bad choice.

I think that's it.

Do let me know if you encountered anything else that i've missed out.

Thanks!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Hillbilly Offline

Posted: June 20 2001, 15:56

Wow! I don't think I've experienced all these things. I haven't noticed any rings for example, and no scorpion. And the boomerang - is it meant to happen anything with it? I just see it flying around... The same with the "airplane", you can't reach it?
What happens when the colour becomes purple? Then it seems you can't fly over the sea. Obviously some objects just are there without any purpose as I see it. When you fly into the big rocks nothing happens, not even a bit of music!

Anyway, I like this VR demo! It really gives the feeling of flying over the landscape. I have problems with orientate myself and sometimes it moves away too fast, but I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it. I'm not an experienced game player, so to say...
I'm really looking forward to the complete thing. Bring it on, Mike! :-)
Profile PM 
MikeGeorge Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2001, 06:07

Pretty good account of what i have found to date. I think you'll find its 'The Ring..The Ring' the woman repeats and not 'Dorian'. Although even if you have the ring she doesn't seem to want it!
Profile PM 
CarstenKuss Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 28 2001, 17:13

timshen: yes, I found almost everything that you mention. Except:
- I couldn't take the ring. How can I?
- Didn't find the woman. Where is she?
-Carsten-
P.S. The new demo runs with about 2 fps on my computer, when I choose the lowest performance at the beginning. Which is enough not to lose control. Anyone who couldn't play it up to now, should try the new demo.

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2001, 02:05

i can't get this MVR working on my computer not even the new demo. i know the problem is in the computer...not fast enough...no memory enough or something?

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2001, 09:32

Carsten -

You get the ring by hitting all three spheres through the portal and then looking for the white small branches with white light going upwards from it. You must avoid the scorpion to get the ring and be catapulted into the place where you can see the red rose, white flying seeds etc..

As for the woman - you will meet her walking around after you stop the cactus burning. Just keep flying around until you see her (sometimes she's not there though!). Keep looking!

Tim

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
CarstenKuss Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 01 2001, 18:38

Thanks, timshen.
I'll try. I saw the ring there in front of my nose and couldn't take it. Disappointing. But there must be a way...
-Carsten-

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: Sep. 28 2001, 11:59

For the boomerang - it'll fork off a swarm of spheres when you get closer. Even more closer, it'll make some 'whopwhopwhop..' sound.
Noticed that in butterfly land, if you switch the red and yellow butterfly fast enough, you can blend the two themes - in contrast to the stalk or rose to the sphere, where the acoustic guitar theme just cuts off the previous.
Something I really hate is that e.g. the catcus theme ends so soon, so you only have the single object sounds remaining to listen to in that scene (unless you go for the spheres).
7 replies since June 20 2001, 11:40 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net