Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Harmonia Mundi, LOVE IT< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 13:33

Just feeling the need here to express my absolute and complete love of Harmonia Mundi. What an absolutely gorgeous track which in my opinion features the best guitar playing on the album.

Starting with the sublime french horn and travelling gracefully through guitar, flutes, beautiful oboe (I think?) and choir back to more guitar. Reminds me a bit of Ambient guitars from TB in some ways.

Absolutely magnificent!

Now back to track 11 again  :)

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 20 2008, 05:04

Quote (Matt @ Mar. 17 2008, 13:33)
What an absolutely gorgeous track which in my opinion features the best guitar playing on the album.

I agree, Matt. And, to me, "Harmonia Mundi" is the heart of Music of the Spheres.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
BTH Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Mar. 20 2008, 14:04

For me Harmonia Mundi takes almost every single theme on the album and creates a little miniature symphony out of them. I agree, for me it's the heart of the entire piece as every other section is somehow echoed in it...
Its between it and The Tempest as to which is my favourite section...

--------------
Tá mé an amadán ag cheoil...
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 20 2008, 15:41

THE TEMPEST RULES ALL.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2008, 19:10

I still ain't got the album (the real thing, I mean), but the part I find truly irrestistible is the crescendo in "Musica Universalis". Yeah, Mike did something like that a jillion times, but to me it's absolutely perfect. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
TheMann Offline

Posted: Mar. 23 2008, 16:07

What a masterpiece it is, Harmonia Mundi! An obviously proud Mike, proving to the world once-and-for-all what a super-geniuos he is; a such a lovely beutiful moment it is, the slowely developing themes ... the masterly played guitar, ... then the voices come in and I just want to cry of happiness ... this is Mike Oldfield people; this is precious stuff, listen to it carefully because it might be the last Masterpiece from him
Profile PM 
5 replies since Mar. 17 2008, 13:33 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net