[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: *HAPPY 40th TB1*< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Cooper Roy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 24 2013, 19:08

Hurrah!

--------------
"I have nothing but sympathy for how people behave-and nothing but laughter to console them with.Laughter is my religion.In the manner of most religions, I admit my laughter is pretty desperate."
                                                                   John Irving
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: May 25 2013, 01:17

Hip Hip!

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Elf Offline

Posted: May 25 2013, 17:42

Every Saturday, a program called P.I.L.S on NRK's (Norwegian Broadcasting Corporations) biggest station P1, presents various facts and stories about a certain album, a certain artist or around a certain theme. The presenters are always doing it, tounghe in cheek, and with a lot of humour. Today the whole program was dedicated to Tubular Bells.

If you have a Norwegian IP-address, and you know Norwegian, you can listen to it here -> http://radio.nrk.no/serie/p-i-l-s/dmpm01002113/25-05-2013

The program played huge excerpts from the album, and they talked about the, for us familiar, story on how Tubular Bells came to be.

Mike Oldfield is usually ignored in Norway, so I was thrilled to bits that my favourite program on NRK dedicated an entire half hour to TB! I've also seen quite a few people post about the program on FB and Twitter

They also played the Boxed ending of Tubular Bells (Viv Stanshall walking drunk around the Manor), as well as Mike Oldfield's single. They also told the story about the concert and Branson's Bentley and Mick Jagger. They also told the story about George Martin's arrangement of Mike Oldfields single.
Profile PM 
Craig Evans Offline

Posted: June 04 2013, 09:51

Someone should recreate the Glorfindel Box for a 40th Anniversary concert of Tubular Bells.  I can only dream.

--------------
"It is good to be on Horseback" - Mike Oldfield "On Horseback"

"(Insert "The Thunderstorm" here)"
Profile PM 
3 replies since May 24 2013, 19:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net