Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Guitar rig 3 for Mikes sound, Can anyone emulate mikes sound?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
darkstar_ab Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 07 2008, 18:34

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can help...
I got guitar rig 3 software and would like to recreate a guitar sound close to mikes classic sound, lots of sustain etc...
Has anyone used this software?... can you suggest a chain of effects i can use?

Thanks ~
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 26 2008, 21:52

Seeing as nobody else seems to have anything to say here, I'll jump in. I've not tried Guitar Rig 3, but I do find the same principles apply to a lot of software and hardware, in terms of how to achieve particular sounds.

I've posted some advice and examples in the Pod 2.0 topic - I'd think you'll find some of that helpful. I did also once write a post about recreating the Hergest Ridge sound on a budget with the help of a little plastic Marshall amp, which is buried somewhere or other on the forum... (the basics were just plugging in direct through the headphone out, adjusting the drive level then running it through a compressor and EQ...that gives a suitably gnarly, fizzy sort of sound...more sophisticated methods lead to more sophisticated sounds, of course, but still, it'll get you something like this, with the help of a bit of double speed trickery for the squeaky parts).

My main suggestion would be to start breaking sounds down in your head, and at the same time, fiddling with every piece of sound-making gear you can lay your hands on. In time, you'll find you can relate sounds that you're hearing to pieces of equipment and settings on them. I suppose everyone has their own ways of approaching the task of finding sounds, though. I have a little synthesiser sat next to me here, and I know that if I want a sound, I can quickly program it into there...on the other hand, I know people who have libraries of thousands of pre-programmed sounds and prefer searching through those to find what they want (my cynical side wishes to point out that it always seems to take far longer doing it that way, but that may just be a matter of perception;)). As long as it all works out in the end, it's all good!
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Oct. 26 2008, 22:58

;) Thanks Korgscrew ! .. sorry i didn't seen the replies in Pod2 topic . ;)
Profile PM 
darkstar_ab Offline

Posted: Oct. 27 2008, 00:43

Thanks for the advice will take it on board...
Getting the hang of the software now ... i'm pretty impressed... getting some guitar sounds that are getting close to what i'm after!
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Oct. 27 2008, 00:48

tubularnet.com
Can i sign up for guitar lessons from the master himself? I am eager to learn and a fast study.... yes i am acting like a child again and not acting my age...

Cheers,
Tubular Twerp
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Oct. 27 2008, 06:07

He he he ! :D  ..... I've always thought it was something missing in Mike's career . Some "educational videos " , as some others guitar heroes have done !
Profile PM 
5 replies since Oct. 07 2008, 18:34 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net