Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Greg Lake & Keith Emerson to do a tour in the US, I CANNOT believe it!!!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 892 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 15 2010, 12:24

Some of you may have heard about the ELP reunion show on July 25 of this year at the High Voltage festival (UK). Well, as if that wasn't a big enough surprise, Greg Lake & Keith Emerson are doing a minitour in April in the US! According to the Greg Lake Website: "This special 'unplugged' and intimate two man show is unlike any the two have performed, solo or with others, and we eagerly look forward to meeting you there." Confirmed dates so far:

* April 1, 2010 - Cleveland, OH - Lakewood Civic Auditorium
   * April 2, 2010 - Glenside, PA - Keswick Theater
   * April 3, 2010 - Ridgefield, CT - Ridgefield Play House
   * April 6, 2010 - Alexandria, VA - The Birchmere
   * April 8, 2010 - New York, NY - Nokia Theatre Times Square
   * April 9, 2010 - Westbury, NY - Theatre at Westbury

Just thought I'd give everybody a heads up. Wow, am I excited. Let's just hope they haven't killed each other by the end of the tour!  :p
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2010, 17:19

...pity that Carl Palmer is not going to do this US tour.

And I'm going to High Voltage in july here in England!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2010, 23:28

Doesn't look like they like Texas much. Can't say I blame them. I'll wait for the vid.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2010, 10:36

Yeah, I wish that I could go to the High Voltage fest, Tati. Make sure and tell us about it.

Jim, according to Greg's site, there are still more dates to be announced, so you never know - keep your fingers crossed...

I wonder if they'll do Tarkus? I doubt it, I can't imagine it with no drums, plus I don't think Greg even likes it very much.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2010, 19:08

Quote (Syd B @ Jan. 16 2010, 10:36)
I wonder if they'll do Tarkus? I doubt it, I can't imagine it with no drums, plus I don't think Greg even likes it very much.

I'd agree with him. It manages to be noisy in a grating, unpleasant way, just as Karn Evil manages to be noisy in a pleasant way.
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2010, 20:18

Quote (nightspore @ Jan. 16 2010, 19:08)
I'd agree with him. It manages to be noisy in a grating, unpleasant way, just as Karn Evil manages to be noisy in a pleasant way.

Try dancing to it sometime, it'll change the way you think about it - and get you extremely out of breath  :p

Tarkus rules, man!!!
Profile PM 
5 replies since Jan. 15 2010, 12:24 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net