Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Good for traveling< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
gorjanbak Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 07 2000, 06:16

When I hear 'Guitars' I had a feeling that I'm in the open air , somebody is drivig me with a car in some colorful road and the weather is cloudy.I had this feeling when I hear 'Muse,Embers,Cochise,Four Winds,Enigmatism and From the Ashes'.Good album Mike.One of my favorites
Profile PM 
Archangel Foster Offline

Posted: Dec. 23 2000, 19:36

A nice association, Gorjanbak; I've got another one. 'Embers' makes me feel I'm standing alone on a wide plain all white with snow, and the snow still falling, falling, not hard, but constantly. The snow reflects the silvery moonlight; I'm freezing a bit but I'm still comfortable.
Profile PM WEB 
Jammer Offline

Posted: Jan. 12 2001, 13:55

Cochise is especially a 'driving' track, not just because of the long shutter esposure picture of cars on a motorway at night on the album sleve. It must be the drums that sound slightly unconventional (as they are played via a MIDI guitar or somehow an edited guitar sound) but still OK to sound like a bass drum.

I heard Cochise before I heard its near identical twin sister instrumental track Jewel in the Crown (TB3). On hearing this, recognising the quoted theme I thought he must be a bit desperate having to use the same theme almost exactly note for note as in JITC, but then I realised that MO is wise enough to know that recycling tunes or themes are done for a good reason and I was able to spot the differences. Look (or rather listen :P) at how effective the use of the Magellan theme (TSODE) as the intro and chorus for Man in the Rain (TB3) is.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: May 02 2002, 05:58

There are some very emotive tracks on Guitars. Muse, Embers, Summit Day and the sitar part of Four Winds, as well as enigmatism, are all really peaceful, with a sort of floating feeling, same as I get with Tubular Bells II. Others, like Out of Site and especially Out of Mind, really rock. This album really did surprise me. I never liked it a first until I listened to it once. Now I know that it rocks! Yes, it would be good for driving to. Prehaps Mike realised this when he chose the album art! wink

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: May 02 2002, 11:21

Guitars is always a good listen to in the car. whenever i heard Out of Sight, i want to go faster, and i feel like i'm driving in a james bond movie smile

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
4 replies since Dec. 07 2000, 06:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net