Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Gift Ideas< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 13 2008, 03:07

For the person who has everything, or for someone you don't like very much: Origami Boulder.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2008, 03:53

Thats funny. Let's celebrate our Lord Jesus Christ's birthday with wadded paper. I wonder what JC would say? "You could use that stuff to clean your bums with! I was hoping for that Mike Oldfield Hergest Ridge thingy. That's the most reverent thing I've heard in 674 years."

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2008, 09:18

Kind of appropriate following on from Scatterplot here,but a couple of years back somebody bought me one of these.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2008, 13:48

pretty cool.......but this would make a neat gift:

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2008, 18:52

@ DIrk Star: I don't really understand the Invisible Jim joke, but I guess it's the same as the "Air de Paris" cans which are sold in Paris... small tin cans with really nice décors outside but absolutely nothing inside. I've been to Paris twice and I've seen them being sold pretty much everywhere. :)

@ Scatterplot: if you write JC it reminds me too much of the musical ("Hey JC, JC, won't you die for me? Sanna ho, sanna hey superstar!"), which has always sounded musically excellent to me but a tad irreverent from the lyrical point of view. Referring to the Lord simply as Jesus would look better, to me. ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2008, 19:05

I thought the invisible Jim was an adult sex toy. Oh well. I'd still rather have the Taylor 12 string.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2008, 21:39

Quote (Scatterplot @ Dec. 14 2008, 00:05)

I thought the invisible Jim was an adult sex toy.

Strangely enough I`ve only just recently re-discovered Invisible Jim under the bed,which is maybe where you would keep an invisible sex toy I guess..(Is she or is`nt she wearing Invisible Jim???..Flick him onto vibrate discreetly and they`ll never know....Even when you`re standing at the bus stop no one will be none the wiser..Ideal for brightening up funerals,board meetings or just the general drudgery of your own mundane existance..Money back guarentee if not completely bow-legged and dribbling after a fortnight..)

So anyway it was kind of cool re-discovering old Jim there,as I`d completely forgot that I did`nt have him.I was rummaging under the bed for my winter boots,when hey presto there he was`nt.He must be worth a few quid now though,as I`ve never even took him out of his seal.Completely untouched by human hands in fact,I could`nt even tell you where the batteries go.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2008, 22:35

Wow. I didn't know Branson makes soap.

http://www.gizmoandwidget.com/index.p...._id=102

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
7 replies since Dec. 13 2008, 03:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net