Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: getting this CD from other countries< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tubularbills Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 03 2002, 18:35

All right check this out.

I was totally lost about when this album was being released in what countries and what times so i just decided to go to Amazon and check it out.

it's out in Germany (www.amazon.de) for 14.99 Euros.
you can pre-order it from britain (www.amazon.co.uk) for 11.99 pounds
you can pre-order it from the usa (www.bn.com) for $25.30.

what's strange is that if you are in the USA and want to get this CD it's best to order it from a different country. with the money converted, it's $14.09 from Germany, $17.99 from Britain, and $25.30 from USA (all of these prices are less s/h). but if you want to order from germany, be prepared to know the language (the entire website is in german, and the american amazon (www.amazon.com) doesn't have it). strange.

barnes and noble (www.bn.com) said it would be released to the USA on June 18th, while amazon said it was going to be released to britain on July 1st. kinda confusd about that. why would we get it before GB? i'm not sure if i should be excited or skeptical.

anyways, if your from a different country other than in Europe, just to go their version of Amazon and try to find it and pre-order it (or order it directly from Europe - but i'm sure there is an import tax or something tacked on to it.

or try E*Bay smile

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: June 04 2002, 14:05

Update!

So i went to order Tres Lunas from Germany on www.amazon.de and it turns out they were going to charge like 12 extra euros for an import. i was like, screw that because then the total amount would be the same as it is in the USA.

so i went to pre-order it from the UK, and they didn't charge me any extra euros or pounds, so the total came to be like $19 american, which is cheaper. granted i won't get the album until it comes out july 1st (and they said it'll take a week to get it), but that's ok. my order is complete and in one month i will have it!

--------------
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: June 04 2002, 17:08

i will wait for a week...then i'm going eek

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: June 04 2002, 22:54

Yeah..I ordered through Amazon.co.uk too tubular_bills! Here in Singapore if it ever reaches the shops it will be in about a years time!!!!

Well, we will have to wait abit but, as you said, it's a cheapish option for those outside the main distribution area.

In the meantime we can hear others rave about the album!

Did you notice in Germany Tr3s Lunas is no.11 in the sales ranking (when I checked)? And in amazon.co.uk it went from over 1000 to 100 i two days in the sales ranking, all way before its release - keep watching, maybe it'll get to no.1 spot (not that I care a hoot!).

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: June 05 2002, 10:12

Nice job Timshen!! now if everyone else could jump on the pre-order bandwagon smile

i didn't notice the sales rankings in the UK or in Deutschland. that's awesome. i'm glad this album is making success (hopefully it won't be short lived!)

--------------
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: June 08 2002, 02:38

Ahahaha! biggrin I just got mine today (June 7) here in Canada, from the cd section in London Drugs. Wasn't scheduled to be released for another 4 days. smile Don't worry, it's worth waiting for.

--Impeesa--
5 replies since June 03 2002, 18:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net