Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Getting into Unofficial Worlds (started by Ugo), transferred from Tr3s Lunas Guide)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Alan D Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 22 2007, 03:43

Originally posted by Ugo, and transferred to here from Tr3s Lunas Guide

Posted: Oct. 21 2007, 23:02    

I've just come back from a trip into the 'minimalist' version of Ants World, also know as the "Black Sea" or "Desolate Landscape" version.  I got this by using Method 1 - I set myself far enough from the middle ringhead and just stood still. It worked beautifully five times in a row.  However, I'm still to get a hang on Method 2,  the "running away like mad" technique. Maybe I shall get it next time with someone guiding me...

P.S.: @ Alan: if I get into Ants World the way I did, but I DON'T go into the tunnel, can I reach the Daliphants? The azure sky I'm seeing then makes me think I can...

EDIT: I just tried again, same way as above... no, I can't.  

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2007, 03:52

Quote (Alan D @ Oct. 22 2007, 08:43)
P.S.: @ Alan: if I get into Ants World the way I did, but I DON'T go into the tunnel, can I reach the Daliphants? The azure sky I'm seeing then makes me think I can...

Well, there are no barriers (as you saw last night, we can reach the moon), but also there are no daliphants in that version of Ant World. So no, you can't reach them using 'Method 1'.

But using Method 2 (running away like mad) the daliphants are there and can be reached - in fact the entire Tr3s Lunas landscape is there - but with no barriers. So you can reach them then. But you have to master Method 2 to do it.

Honestly, it's not really difficult. Stand well back (as we did yesterday), fire a few rings towards the ringhead - and when you see at least one is on target, run towards the lake as fast as you can (speed 3, full speed) and don't stop until you sense the change has occurred (or realise you need to try again! ).
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2007, 10:47

As I thought it is a bit silly for me to post a new topic every time I manage to get into an unofficial world, I'm putting it here. ;) I'd just like to tell everybody [but mostly Alan :D] that I've just got into Swords Game World, and I still am in it - Tr3s Lunas is running in the background, paused, as I'm writing this. I must admit that everything written in the Guide about this world is very true, IMHO: the views are absolutely stunning, all of them. The only thing I'm a little bit complaining about is the almost complete absence of music. As soon as I hit the ringhead and heard the familiar synth rising scale, I also was expecting to hear (at least some of) the dramatic, layered guitars that I really love while playing the Swords Game. Instead, all I've got is the atmospheric bleeping synth, which is smooth and relaxing, yes, but it can get quite boring after some time... oh well, I guess I'll just have to turn the speakers off and enjoy the flight. :D

P.S. @ Alan: I'm currently playing with version 1.3c*, which runs very smoothly on my new PC but also causes some strange effects (blue edges around firebeings, for instance) that I never saw before. Do you think that this version is fine, or is there a new, better one available? [I have no idea what version is on the website right now!! :D]

P.S.2: The so-called 'distant shores', i.e. the mountains behind the Daliphants, are actually flat - they're just a prop, a piece of scenery, like the Daliphants themselves... just like in The Truman Show. All in all, Tr3s Lunas actually is a made-up virtual world!! :p

--------------
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2007, 11:46

Adding to the above, as the post-scriptums were really getting too long... :D

- The ringed planet looks like a combination of Jupiter's appearance (as seen from Earth) and the rings of Saturn. But when you get near the surface, the texture on it has got Moon-like craters... it looks just like Mike and Colin (or Nick Catcheside?) used the same texture for all of the planets' surfaces, including Earth!! Other than this, the planet is just a flat disc - another prop. :D

- The texture on the shiny spaceship (the lower one - see below) is exactly identical to the texture on the arches, although I never exactly understood what that texture actually is. A reflection of flowers, maybe?

-The obelisk in Swords Game World, of which I posted a pic in the Gallery, is exactly the same one as in Firebeings World [I think María will be glad to know this! ;)], with b/w pics of Balinese (?) women. However, I think it's much clearer here, in full daylight.

- @ Alan: is the ship you get on as a reward for winning the Swords Game (which I've never won) the same one as in the Rebirth Tunnel? And is the ship in the Rebirth Tunnel the lower one in Swords Game World (the one I reached) or the higher one? I'm curious about this. :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2007, 14:39

Quote (Ugo @ Oct. 22 2007, 15:47)
As I thought it is a bit silly for me to post a new topic every time I manage to get into an unofficial world, I'm putting it here.

It's a great place to put it.

I'd just like to tell everybody [but mostly Alan ] that I've just got into Swords Game World, and I still am in it - Tr3s Lunas is running in the background, paused, as I'm writing this. I must admit that everything written in the Guide about this world is very true, IMHO: the views are absolutely stunning, all of them. The only thing I'm a little bit complaining about is the almost complete absence of music. As soon as I hit the ringhead and heard the familiar synth rising scale, I also was expecting to hear (at least some of) the dramatic, layered guitars that I really love while playing the Swords Game. Instead, all I've got is the atmospheric bleeping synth, which is smooth and relaxing, yes, but it can get quite boring after some time... oh well, I guess I'll just have to turn the speakers off and enjoy the flight.

The lack of music, of course, is a bit disappointing, but not surprising as these are, after all, unofficial worlds. However, there may be more music than you think: in Firebeings world, you can restart the beautiful firebeings music any time you like by slowly approaching the ringheads. Don't get too close - be careful - or the firebeings will wake up and carry you off. But if you're careful, you can keep replaying the music as many times as you like. I suspect this may also work with ants world, though I haven't tested it.

P.S. @ Alan: I'm currently playing with version 1.3c*, which runs very smoothly on my new PC but also causes some strange effects (blue edges around firebeings, for instance) that I never saw before. Do you think that this version is fine, or is there a new, better one available? [I have no idea what version is on the website right now!! ]

I have version 1.3b. The version on the website is 1.4. If the one you have is working OK, then there's not much point in changing. I don't know of any major differences, except that version 1.4 fixed some graphics breakup problems that some folk were experiencing with the (then) new free version. The firebeings will have different-looking edges according to what the background is, so it may just be that you'd never viewed them from this angle before.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2007, 14:54

Quote (Ugo @ Oct. 22 2007, 16:46)
The ringed planet looks like a combination of Jupiter's appearance (as seen from Earth) and the rings of Saturn. But when you get near the surface, the texture on it has got Moon-like craters... it looks just like Mike and Colin (or Nick Catcheside?) used the same texture for all of the planets' surfaces, including Earth!! Other than this, the planet is just a flat disc - another prop.

In one of the unofficial worlds (I forget which) the surface of the ringed planet is very detailed and cratered, with a very distinct pole that can be located. I remember exploring this with TheWizardOfOz on one occasion (and María I think), and meeting there. As I recall, the planet was a sphere, not a flat cutout, and it had a real explorable cratered surface - unlike the moon, which is indeed a flat disc. I need to take another look.

The obelisk in Swords Game World, of which I posted a pic in the Gallery, is exactly the same one as in Firebeings World [I think María will be glad to know this! ], with b/w pics of Balinese (? ) women. However, I think it's much clearer here, in full daylight.

I remember María finding the obelisk in Firebeings world, though I think it only appeared on one occasion. Another place we memorably found it was in Space Arrow World, but again it didn't always appear. We had the most amazing journey across the cratered desert to get to that one - and when we got there (which took ages), it was GIGANTIC. Far bigger than we'd ever seen anywhere else.

@ Alan: is the ship you get on as a reward for winning the Swords Game (which I've never won) the same one as in the Rebirth Tunnel? And is the ship in the Rebirth Tunnel the lower one in Swords Game World (the one I reached) or the higher one? I'm curious about this.

There are two ships - the small shiny one (which flies around the skies of Tr3s Lunas all the time), and the much bigger one (which isn't shiny) up in space, much, much higher. In the swords game, it's this last one that you get transported to on completing the game. The small shiny one is the one you see in the rebirth tunnel.

If you go into unofficial swords game world, sometimes (but not always) the big spaceship is present high, high above, and you can actually fly all the way up into space to it. It's a truly spectacular journey.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2007, 15:31

Thanks, Alan. ;)
After another quick trip I think I can make a correction about the planet: it is spherical. It's  little bit hard to navigate (or to fly?) all the way around it, but you do indeed have the sense that you're moving around a huge sphere, rather than around a disc. :)

--------------
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2007, 16:40

Quote (Alan D @ Oct. 22 2007, 14:54)
The obelisk in Swords Game World, of which I posted a pic in the Gallery, is exactly the same one as in Firebeings World [I think María will be glad to know this! ], with b/w pics of Balinese (? ) women. However, I think it's much clearer here, in full daylight.

I remember María finding the obelisk in Firebeings world, though I think it only appeared on one occasion. Another place we memorably found it was in Space Arrow World, but again it didn't always appear. We had the most amazing journey across the cratered desert to get to that one - and when we got there (which took ages), it was GIGANTIC. Far bigger than we'd ever seen anywhere else.

Yes, the obelisk is always the same as u said with b/w pictures of Balinese women.

I've been browsing the CD with the pictures I have from past games and I've found some of the trip in which I found it in Firebeings World, I've posted some on the Unofficial Worlds thread. Watching the pictures I have, I've seen it appeared while on Firebeings World and it remained at sight later when I was caught by the firebeings to the island and all the way through Tai chi man - flight into the Vulcano sequence.
Yes, I think so far it has just happened that time to me.

Then, I've also found one of the obelisk in Space Arrow World, but it was taken from a very far distance. It's on the Space Arrow World thread at the gallery.

And as I said this morning, I've recalled the obelisk also appears hovering over the main land in one of the unofficial worlds, I think it must be in one of the two we are talking about: Firebeings World or Space Arrow World, but  I'm not sure right now in which one. We've been several times around it. I haven't found any picture of it among mine. Do u remember in which one, Alan?

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2007, 17:33

Quote (maria @ Oct. 22 2007, 21:40)
Then, I've also found one of the obelisk in Space Arrow World, but it was taken from a very far distance. It's on the Space Arrow World thread at the gallery.

That's a great picture, with the World still all in bits, but there's the obelisk, ready to tantalise us!

When you're actually there, it seems as if the Space Arrow world is being constructed before our eyes, but I suspect what's really happening is that we are somehow 'below' a Dali-version of the world which, as we fly back to its surface, brings all its pieces back together again. Your picture looks very like that, María.

And as I said this morning, I've recalled the obelisk also appears hovering over the main land in one of the unofficial worlds, I think it must be in one of the two we are talking about: Firebeings World or Space Arrow World, but  I'm not sure right now in which one. We've been several times around it. I haven't found any picture of it among mine. Do u remember in which one, Alan?

I believe you're thinking of Space Arrow World. There's the gigantic obelisk far away, which isn't always there; but there's also a smaller obelisk floating in the air, as you say - usually not far from the ant tunnel.

I think both these obelisks are 'Space Arrow' versions of the two we see in 'normal' Tr3s Lunas. The 'floating' obelisk is the one where the airship avatar is placed in 'normal' Tr3s Lunas, and the reason it's floating is because the ground has been shifted somehow (the same shift that causes the ant tunnel entrance to be in a weird place, too). I've put an image of it in the gallery here.

The giant obelisk is the one we 'normally' see on the island we visit to get to the canyon. What I don't understand is why, in Space Arrow world, it's so much further away, and so much larger.
Profile PM 
8 replies since Oct. 22 2007, 03:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net