Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: General Tips< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Fox Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 02 2002, 11:45

From what I read, no one's posted these two tips.

1- After the voice says, "The spirit is proud of you," and you collect the ring by the scorpion, most of us have noticed the flying saucer speeding by. Wanna know how to ride it whenever you want?

Look for the archway near the Tr3s Lunas sign. You'll see two roatating black hoops ontop of it with pink and white sparks coming from its center. Fly just above the hoops and STOP! Then wait. The saucer will be around shortly to take you on a ride around the world, but you can't click the mouse outside the stonehenge area. If you do, you'll be taken to the flaming cactus and loose a ring.

2- After you get to turtle island after the seagull, do not collect the ring just yet. Instead, find the swimming turtle and shoot a pearl at it. You'll hear the Turtle Island song featured on the Tr3s Lunas CD that no one has been able to find!

Any other general tips out there? I'd really love to find out how to get to the Butterflies. I've been there once (the two butterflies flying around the ring tree are the key somehow), but apparently I went out of area and didn't get back.

And does anyone know if those elephants in the distance are accessable? There were screenshots a while back showing you there, but how can you get there...if there is a way at all.
Profile PM 
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: June 02 2002, 12:20

To reach the butterflies, first collect one ring from either the rings, pianos or swords game, then fly back to the tree with the ring in the branches. After collecting this ring and hearing the words "the Spirit is proud of you", wait until the two butterflies fly past (seems hanging around is one of the keys to MusicVR!), then click on them.

You will then go to the buterfly ball smile. As I cannot go anywhere else afterwards (apart from the blue tree and the cactus) my understanding is that the scenes "Butterflies 1" and "Butterflies 2" are really the same but with the red or yellow butterflies in the focus. Could be wrong though.

The Thin Man
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: June 03 2002, 07:08

On Turtle Island, you can go inside the scallop shell that opens and shuts. This takes you underwater and you can swim with the turtles along with some nice music.
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 03 2002, 15:25

reaeaalallyyy...one thing i havent found yet! thank you, Puniho!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: June 05 2002, 14:04

ok i didnt find the underwater turtles...i went inside the shell...u need a certain number of rings or soemthn? i didnt get the ring between the snakes. should i have? i tried shooting pearls into it but that just brought me to the dolphins

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Fox Offline

Posted: June 05 2002, 16:45

Same here. No swimming with turtles, just dolphins.

BTW--In the forest, you'll notice a picnic table with a die and an apple on it. If you go to the die, you go to a "dice game"...but it doesn't seem to do anything. It's strangly silent, and there's no result from actually winning the game. Is it just me, or does the whole forest scene seem empty and incomplete--like there should be more to it?
Profile PM 

Posted: June 06 2002, 16:32

i thought it would be bigger than what it was when i first went there.....its a nice place tho...calm place......maybe thats all its for...just rest at. thus the reason why the 'silent' dice game is there also

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: June 07 2002, 09:57

Another way to get to the butterfly scene(s):

Instead of bumping into all the 18 balletic sprites you can take time out to wander around. After a while you will meet the pair of wandering butterflies which you can click on to get into the butterfly sequence. The blue tree is still available for you to return to the blue sprites.

As far as I know it doesn't matter how many rings you might have.

The Thin Man

P.S. Anyone know what to do in the canyon scene? I thought I had explored all of this but then I found something new along the right canyon rim. There now seems to be too much in the canyon for it to be simply a chill-out zone.
Profile PM 
Fox Offline

Posted: June 07 2002, 11:05

Do anything you want in the canyon, just don't shoot the woman in the Indian camp ;-). Unless you enjoy punishment haha.

Seriously though, you can go to the stone circle on one of the mesas and take the ring to the pool to return to the origin, or go behind the waterfall to go to the dolphins; or simply catch the airplanes to hear different tones.

The canyon and forest seem too empty to me. Too much scenery, not enough music.

While I'm here, I've heard talk of Mike saying there's a scene where you have to ride on a spaceship without falling off. Well, look at that ship hovering over the origin. If you look closely (I saw it while it was chasing me around) inside one of the translucent pods is a ring! Perhaps next time the ship chases you, try to catch the ring inside it. I haven't done it, but maybe something interesting will happen. Then again, maybe it'll just take you to the flaming cactus...but I don't know.

It's something to attempt!
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: June 07 2002, 11:57

Some more things to do in the canyon:
(1) Go inside the Indian tents - in one is a silver ring that sets off an alarm when you grab it - you need to go to the Indian woman quickly before you get kicked out of the canyon.
(2) On the upper left ridge by the big opening in the canyon is a gateway that takes you back to the origin.

BTW, The Thin Man ,what was it that you found on the upper right ridge of the canyon?

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: June 07 2002, 14:30

What did I find along the right hand rim of the canyon? Well, take a walk and find out!

At first I thought I had found MO himself, but on close inspection I realised it wasn't a moth! cool

The Thin Man
Profile PM 

Posted: June 08 2002, 00:07

to fox:

i saw that before (ive always wanted to get to that stupid spaceship when i first played the demo! so thats one of the first things i did smile) but i just thought it was for show or somethn cuz it was a sprite (like the other rings on the white tree) so i thought u couldnt get it....i kept hitting the thing surrounding it but couldnt get thru......

so i just thought it was for show.....but u never kno...theres so much in this game...

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: June 08 2002, 04:31

..Not sure what I did to go thru the shell. I only did it once and cant remember how I did it! Nothing in the game seems very logical or consistant to me.. Like when you've got one ring the walking girl says "only 2 rings will do" but when youve got 3 rings she says "to many rings". Typical woman! wink
12 replies since June 02 2002, 11:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net