Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Froggy Valentine< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 16 2008, 03:49

Yes, I know St. Valentine's Day is four weeks away, but I felt an urge to indulge in a bit of amphibious amor. It was a slow night at work, and I had "Froggy Went A-Courting" running through my head, so I made a sketch:

Then, I made another version after I got home:

(see actual size)

Happy early St. Valentine's Day.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2008, 15:12

Very nice  :)
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2008, 16:25

Now there is someone who can draw!

You could make one for me on my birthday!

:D  Ray

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2008, 01:21

You're very sweet to say such things. Thanks, guys!

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2008, 01:46

Astounding! I love the differences between the two approaches. The earlier sketch is particularly vibrant, and the two expressions on Froggy's face are quite something to see. And everything is so balanced and composed, yet flows beautifully. Thanks very much for showing these.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2008, 05:26

Thank you, Alan. And it's kind of you to leave my spotty knowledge of froggy anatomy unmentioned.

--------------
Profile PM 
5 replies since Jan. 16 2008, 03:49 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net