Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Freaky Friday!, Spooky happenings or weird encounters?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 419 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 12 2010, 01:54

Its Friday 13 again! Have you had any weird experiences or do you have any superstitions or things you avoid? Like walking under ladders, avoiding black cats in your path? When I was still nursing it was common to see ghosts esp just before someone died. Or bells going in wards that were empty! Two of us used to attend those calls....nobody there.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2010, 20:11

Yes. My house number is 420. Some years ago a visitor mentioned he was a little freaked out to visit a house with that number. I asked him why, and he replied that if you use the code A=1, B=2, C=3, and so on, when you multiply the letters of GOD together you get 420. He then asked me the number of the house I lived in before that. I told him 26, and he ran out of the door. 26 is what you get when you ADD the letters of "GOD" together.
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2010, 20:30

LOL Nightspore that is a bit spooky! It would give visitors a bit of a God complex! Won't mess with you come Halloween! It isnt even Friday 13. I was a day ahead of myself. Oh Dear! Nice to hear those spooky stories though. Ever go ghost hunting in graveyards as a teen at night? That can be quite freaky!
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2010, 18:40

I think I've already recounted this elsewhere, but I think it's worth a mention here. On the morning after the night my dad passed away, with lots of people hanging around my house, I heard the front door bell ring. I went immediately to open the door (and I repeat immediately), there was nobody. Later, the same morning, I was bicycling around the streets when I heard my dad's familiar car horn and at the same time I saw a FIAT 500 red car very like my dad's (which was unique, as it had a customized decoration consisting in a large black strip on the doors) passing me by very, very fast. I guess both of these events (the bell and the car) were my dad's way of saying goodbye to me.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2010, 19:29

Hi Ugo, your dad obviously loved you very much. When the door bell rang and when you saw his car, you would have KNOWN somehow he had passed. It proves the bonds shared by loved ones in life continue after physical death. To quote Patrick Swayze from Ghost "its amazing Molly, that love....you take it with you."
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 14 2010, 19:08

Thanks a lot. Yes, my dad loved me. That Ghost quote is really appropriate to my experience.

--------------
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 15 2010, 01:46

Quote (ex member 419 @ Feb. 13 2010, 19:29)
It proves the bonds shared by loved ones in life continue after physical death.

My father passed 1 hour short of the millenium ticking over so not much sleep for me that night , but the next night i had a vivid dream of him lying on the top balcony of a house we used to own and as i ran toward him his body fell and landed on the deck below , upon reaching him i cradled him in my arms and our eyes locked he told me he'd always be there for me and called me a name id not herd in 20 years a baby name if you will
a few days later at the funeral my mother greated me with that same name . Its as vivid a memory for me as any waking moment and sure heped me through my grief maybee its not so much what we believe but what we take from it .. A dream or a message im not sure. BTW he was not a mike fan but did love to watch Knebworth quite a lot think he had a thing for Wendy...........
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2010, 04:49

Hi Milamber, the dream you had and your dad saying he would always be there for you, and calling you by your pet name was wonderful. Gave you what you needed when in grief. Then your mum called you by that same name at the funeral. Your dad kept his word. Proves that communication with loved ones after death continues, but in dreams, and on a very spiritual level.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 15 2010, 06:07

Im tempted to quote Roy Orbison right now but i'll simply say
THANK YOU!
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2010, 08:36

Quote (milamber @ Feb. 15 2010, 06:07)
Im tempted to quote Roy Orbison right now but i'll simply say
THANK YOU!

Oh no, not Roy Orbison's "In Dreams" it starts me off - "I can't help it, I can't help it if I cry..."  (!;)

The day after my grandad died, (he was a lovely guy - I miss him), there was a Red Admiral butterfly in the house and it kept landing on me, and this has happened
since, even in winter - the weird thing being that it lands on me. I kind of like it.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2010, 17:39

Hi Wiga, it would be nice to think that your grandfather sent you this gift. Maybe he loved butterflies while alive.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2010, 18:39

@ ex: I sometimes dream about my dad, but my mum dreams about my dad all the time. There really is a bond.

--------------
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2010, 21:11

I don't understant the God and numbers thing. Wouldn't that be good luck? God is good yes? And Satan is bad?
    Anyway I've actually lost wallets twice in my life on Friday the 13th, had to cancel credit cards, get new social security card, DL, etc. This Friday I got a call that I was approved for my NICE! new apt. So I forgot it was the 13th. I was too happy. I wonder if it is good luck that my new apt. # is 111? Going to go sign the lease in the morning. So now that I'm aware Friday was the 13th, is that saying that good things can happen on Fri. the 13th? Or is it saying something may go wrong there in the future? I hope its the former.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2010, 21:35

Wait just a minute.........Friday was the 12th......am I right?

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2010, 04:27

Hi there Jim, it wasn't Friday 13, I was one day ahead of myself but it has generated some lovely themes from everyone. The number 3 is lucky in Chinese Astrology. If you feel that your new home "has a homely, welcome atmosphere" and you feel happy and can relax there then this is the home for you and Eddy. To help keep the flow of yin and yang in balance, and thus your home and life, get a book on Feng Shui, the Chinese art of placement. It tells you where to place things in your home. It works! I did it with my home. @Ugo, I think your mum and dad definitely bond on a psychic level. They obviously still love one another deeply. I don't believe in mediums or psychics but life trancends the physical form when we pass on.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2010, 05:13

Quote (ex member 419 @ Feb. 15 2010, 17:39)
Hi Wiga, it would be nice to think that your grandfather sent you this gift. Maybe he loved butterflies while alive.

Back to the Red Admiral, the link I get is around when my grandad would pop in to see us every day, and although this seemed to irritate my mum, I really liked it. They were only fleeting visits, and he would crouch down next to me, give me a big smile and squeeze my shoulder before he went. So when the Red Admiral lands on my arm, and then flies off it feels familiar and reassuring - I'd like to think it's him.

As for superstition, I was brought up with a lot of that - my catholic grandmother had sayings all over the place, infact you could hardly move for them: - knife to the floor stranger at the door, never enter a building left foot first, trust not the man who's eyebrows meet, touch your collar when you see an ambulance, it's unlucky to pass someone on the stairs, it's unlucky to put shoes on the table, it's unlucky to spill salt on the table, and friday the 13th is unlucky...Didn't make sense to me :O.

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2010, 06:13

Yeah I recognise a few of those sayings Wiga,mainly from my late grandmother on my mother`s side.The "stairs" and "shoes on the table" ones definetly.If you do happen to spill salt on the table you pick some of it up and throw it over your left shoulder apparently.Oh and never open an umbrella indoors,although I guess that last one is pretty redundant really.But still, if you`re gonna do it just to see if your brolly still works or something.Err yeah, take it outside first..."Upstairs for big dinners" as well she used to say.And I have absolutely no idea what the hell that means today,but I still use it from time to time.

My dad claims to have saw my grandad the day after he died,sitting in his chair clear as day smiling at him.I never met him sadly as he died before I was born Christmas Eve 1963.My other grandmother tells some great stories about him though,especialy during the air raids,where by her own admission she would become very hysterical.."If ye divvent sit doon in a minute woman,I`m gonna` clang yer with the frying pan" Aye he was all heart,and tough as old boots from what I`ve heard.Apparently he would often eat an apple without his false teeth in.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2010, 06:49

Talking of teeth, I remember watching my grandad crack Brazil nuts with his teeth - I was fascinated, and my reaction made him laugh all the more. He was a Polish man and maybe they have good teeth in their genes, most British grandads at that time had false teeth, but he was very much of that culture that wanted to feed you and watch you enjoy, and he had a table full of pickles. My other grandparents (or parents) didn't engage me quite like he did, he was a colourful man - like a Red Admiral!

Dirk, I've not heard the "upstairs for big dinners" one - I'm thinking that the dining room was upstairs, like in those "Upstairs Downstairs" middle class homes.

--------------
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2010, 14:30

So....I signed the lease 3 hours ago. It's no going back. The Vanessa I've been dealing with there is quite a dish. Too bad she's got a ring on her "ring" finger. I think I can chill there. I still think it's funny we all hung on a thread(I still think the world of you ex), that in reality was an error. Friday was the 12th. But man, that Vanessa.....nice....tall.... great b...I better shut up. Let's just say I looked at the scenery a lot this morning. Eddy will love the trees for sure. I look forward to meeting new MO liqour store informants in that part of town, but will keep in touch with my old ones(on the East side). Should be a gold mine of information...I'll share it as it comes.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2010, 03:35

Quote (wiga @ Feb. 16 2010, 11:49)
Talking of teeth, I remember watching my grandad crack Brazil nuts with his teeth - I was fascinated, and my reaction made him laugh all the more. He was a Polish man and maybe they have good teeth in their genes, most British grandads at that time had false teeth, but he was very much of that culture that wanted to feed you and watch you enjoy, and he had a table full of pickles. My other grandparents (or parents) didn't engage me quite like he did, he was a colourful man - like a Red Admiral!

Dirk, I've not heard the "upstairs for big dinners" one - I'm thinking that the dining room was upstairs, like in those "Upstairs Downstairs" middle class homes.

I loved the Red Admiral story Wiga,and I suppose in many ways it gives you more reason to look forward to those summer months even more.I was slightly reminded of an early Peter Kay routine though where I think he talks about one of his uncle`s passing away..."He absolutely loved cheesey crisps,you could`nt move in his cupboards for bloody quavers" And then of course on the day of his funeral his mother and auntie are talking about seeing an empty packet of wotsits or something blowing across the road outside the cemetery.."That were im`" one of them remarks,hilarious stuff.Irish Catholic again there though with Peter Kay,I think his mother probably supplied him with at least 50% of his best material.

Yeah the "upstairs downstairs" thing sounds perfectly feasible as well,it`s probably been handed down from generations old.Another one I still use that came from my grandmother is "Boggin`s Bits".Apparently they would regurlaly visit some friends of their`s on a sunday afternoon known as the Boggins for tea.I think they walked quite a few miles to get to their house as well,back in the days when people still did that sort of thing.Anyway they were renowned for being a little on the "tight" side to say the least,and would offer them the most tiniest pieces of cake you can imagine.You know, a little tiny sliver of battneburg or something laying limp on the plate there.In conversation afterwards on the long trek homeward these meagre offerings henceforth came to be known as "Boggin`s Bits" .Now even though I have absolutely no idea who the hell these "Boggin`ses" were? We may even be related to them for all I know.It`s still widely used throughout our family today.I was talking to my sister a few weeks ago,and she dropped it into the conversation when she was talking about a meal that she`d been out to.. "There was next to nowt on the plate,it was like Boggin`s Bits" Completetly cracked me up when she said it,I love stuff like that.
Profile PM 
26 replies since Feb. 12 2010, 01:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net