Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Freaky Friday!, Spooky happenings or weird encounters?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
wiga Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 17 2010, 04:03

Yes, it was a Quavers bag blowing across the cemetry (Peter Kay clip) :laugh:

Yes, on the other side of the coin I had grandparents who were a bit stingy with food and also posh, who would present one tomatoe on a plate with a knife and fork!  

Peter Kay was good last night btw presenting the Brits awards - in a bemused fashion, with a few quips along the way. He would only kiss on one cheek, not two because he said he was from up north! I was very impressed with Lady GaGa's song and performance - very unique and bizarre, but I like it. Reminds me of Kate Bush's brilliance in her early days.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2010, 04:24

I missed the Brits,but from what I was told at work last night.Kay`s remark as Liam Gallagher left the stage sounded just about spot on.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2010, 07:33

Watched a few bits of the Brits yesterday...I can't stand pseudoartists like JLS,ouch...Lady Gaga is pure entretainment,hated the fact that Oasis won (myself being a massive Blur fan).

Seems that people have forgotten how to make proper pop music for the masses,in the past things were much better. Most music nowadays in this country show me that the good,great brit music is at the intensive care unit  :(

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
wiga Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2010, 10:02

Quote (Dirk Star @ Feb. 17 2010, 04:24)
I missed the Brits,but from what I was told at work last night.Kay`s remark as Liam Gallagher left the stage sounded just about spot on.

Liam Gallagher was taking himself way too seriously, and throwing his mike in the audience, - "what a nob head" from Kay was succinct.

--------------
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2010, 17:47

I have seen bits of the Brits on the TV. Lady GaGa didn't disappoint. Outstanding. I like "Bad Romance". Liam Gallagher was a bit of a twat, spitting venom like that, he should have been a punk! My favourite was Robbie Williams who took out the Lifetime Achievment Award! I love Only You Know Me, silly clip but the song is nice.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2010, 05:02

...even better, telling Lady GaGa - well done and go and have a brew.

Well done to Peter Kay for keeping it real.

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2010, 05:33

:laugh: I can just imagine her with her feet up and slippers on,while members of her entourage set about delicately peeling all those bizzare pearls off her face.

I see Gallagher`s since been bad mouthing Kay on his Facebook or Twitter page or something.Reckons he was the only "real notherner" there or some such nonsense.I don`t know I thought he was from bloody Manchester,that`s the midlands where I come from  ;) .. "T`internet warrior,keeping it real"

Yeah Tati I liked Oasis,but Blur were by a Country (house) mile my favourites of the two.
Profile PM 
26 replies since Feb. 12 2010, 01:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net