Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Für Elise, One More Time...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
BOOsTER Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 18 2003, 11:14

Hello,
One more time I tried at the field of classic music this time with Fur Elise...
I hope I will satisfy the audiance more this time :o)

http://www.rebirth.nd4spdworld.com/stuff/FurElise.mp3

have fun listening

I also involved a MO like guitar solo ;)

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Posted: May 18 2003, 12:46

Well, I've nothing against dissonants, I like to use them myself. But remember that if you use them, you can't avoid to build a special kind of tension. And if you don't lead the tension anywhere, then you just have a bad piece of music.

I basically have the same comments as your previous classic tracks. Your reverb isn't a problem anymore, though. The sound from the track doesn't irrate, and that's a huge step forwards. Still, I don't like the choice of instruments and your whole interpretation of Fur Elise.

I don't dislike everything though. I like some ideas in it. I think the part in major chords is not a bad interpretation. I play Für Elise myself on my piano, and it's not easy to give each part the right feel, which is remarkable for a technically easy music piece. And that part gives the feel I always try to put into it.
And the transition from the 'angry' part back to the main theme is also a nice effect.

Well, it could go on and commenting everything I hear, but I think I would end up repeating myself.

In general: best classic work you've done, but still not good. In my opinion of course, because the audience of your previous work seemed to like your style.

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: May 18 2003, 13:03

I think the echoing piano is the problem. All the echoing notes interfere with the other notes being played and it sounds bad. The reverb is good. Just lose the echo. Quite nice, though.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: May 18 2003, 14:04

Thanks for your comments mates ;)
you are very helpfull as usual ;)

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
3 replies since May 18 2003, 11:14 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net