[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: forum names, how did you pick yours?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 04 2006, 11:21

Quote (Chicular @ Dec. 04 2006, 05:47)
My nickname is Chic (Charles is my real name).  I thought Chicular sounded good!

would have been a good name for a song on the Distant Earth record!!!  :)
I like it
:cool:

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2006, 19:20

There's a few possible explanations how I came up with my name, the first could be astrological in that I was born in July under the sign of Cancer, The Moon is the ruler of the House of Cancer.
Possible,yes, but I also like sitting and watching the Moon too
:) .
Could also be music related as In "Child of the Moon"  UK B side to the Rolling Stones' Jumpin' Jack Flash, or King Crimson's "Moonchild", from their "In The Court Of The Crimson King " album, one of my  favourite albums ever, Plus also I love Moonlight Shadow and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon album  :) , not forgetting Kevin Ayers and The Whole World's " Shooting At The Moon" album, some Great guitar from Mike on "Lunatics Lament", I'd like to hear him play another solo like that again :) .

The hippy part to my name is a bit more obvious, as I'm a hippy :D, so hence Moonchildhippy.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2006, 21:46

Quote (clotty @ Nov. 25 2006, 23:47)
I have a friend who often says 'pull my finger' and then he farts. I really hope that's not the standard for Dutch humour hehehehe...

I think you have spotted the difference between Dutch and British humour well there, because of course, in Britain we have to press someone's nose rather than pull their finger to make them fart. ;-)

In OZ we most definitely pull fingers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2006, 13:36

Mine comes from the words harmony and mono, which means a harmony created by only one note, a sort of paradox i came up with.
...this talk about humour in different cultures is funny(yes, I think humour is funny :p ).
Finnish humour is very much about wearing wigs and fake beards and talking and singing with fake accents. It's true.
But I prefer the British style, especially Eddie Izzard! no Finn could ever be that appealing to people everywhere, that kind of funnyness is(almost)universal.
Profile PM 

Posted: Dec. 07 2006, 13:38

Quote (Harmono @ Dec. 07 2006, 13:36)
Mine comes from the words harmony and mono, which means a harmony created by only one note, a sort of paradox i came up with.
...this talk about humour in different cultures is funny(yes, I think humour is funny :p ).
Finnish humour is very much about wearing wigs and fake beards and talking and singing with fake accents. It's true.
But I prefer the British style, especially Eddie Izzard! no Finn could ever be that appealing to people everywhere, that kind of funnyness is(almost)universal.

I think your finniness is big funnyness...

hmm... a bit of Dutch humour here... yes, it sucks  :laugh:

We can walk on wooded shoes and plant tulips and built windmills. furthermore, don't bother us  :p

--------------
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Dec. 08 2006, 14:44

Quote (Piltdownboy on horseback 22 @ Dec. 07 2006, 18:38)
We can walk on wooded shoes and plant tulips and built windmills. furthermore, don't bother us  :p

Hey, Piltdownboy on Horse...etc..etc I think the Dutch are great. Amongst many other things you have some wonderful painters, Vermeer, Rembrandt, Van Gogh, Mondrian, to name a few. Superb architecture too. You people seem to have such clear sight.

And incidentally, I wear a bright orange (& I mean bright) jacket cycling to work every day and that feels very 'Dutch' !!!!

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 

Posted: Dec. 08 2006, 19:39

Quote (bee @ Dec. 08 2006, 14:44)
And incidentally, I wear a bright orange (& I mean bright) jacket cycling to work every day and that feels very 'Dutch' !!!!

Now that's cool!!  :D  :cool:

The Dutch would be proud of you!!  :)

funnily enough orange is not even in the dutch flag. but it is the dutch colour

--------------
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2007, 01:03

I'd always liked the "Sweetpea Knotwise" that a Hobbit-name generator once spat out at me. I must've been distracted when setting up my account, though, since I ended up with a less than floral moniker!

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 04 2007, 04:54

I started using the name "Moz" when I switched from Internet Explorer to Mozilla as my main web browser.  Now I use Firefox, although that "Moz" still applies as its full name is "Mozilla Firefox". :)

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
gary1eye Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2007, 06:30

i loss my right eye in a accdient with a model airplane back in 1966 so that's why i use Gary1eye.
Profile PM 
Velodynamic Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2007, 09:44

I woke up one day and was in a very dynamic mood.
Bicycles has always been fascinating me and I was very "active" exercising with my road race bicycle back then.
I was listening much to Kraftwerk's Tour de France album, specially the track Aéro Dynamik and the Jean Michel Jarre album AERO had just been newly released. Everything got mixed up together and became what it is...but you can also call me Velo.  :D

--------------
"...I've never seen a connection between music and politics.
It's like trying to connect football with croquet." -M.O.
Profile PM 
Moonwing_Shadow Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2007, 10:10

Well, I usually use the name 'Jett Moonwing', in fact, I used to role-play as a dragon (I know, I'm weird :laugh: ) and that was my dragon name. :p
So when I join here, I used 'Moonwing' instead of 'Moonlight (Shadow)' :D
So it's partly related to Mike but in a more personal way. :)

--------------
I'd rather be on Dragonback
Profile PM WEB 
MikeAholic Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2007, 12:22

I need my portion of Mike's Music every week - that's why I choose as name : MikeAholic.

And, no, I don't want to go to the AMA meetings. I want to stay hooked forever  :D

AMA = Anonymous Mikes-music Appreciators  .

--------------
I sure hope that Mike realises what joy he brings to us !
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2007, 17:08

Quote (gary1eye @ Aug. 04 2007, 06:30)
i loss my right eye in a accdient with a model airplane back in 1966 so that's why i use Gary1eye.

If this were a competition, I'd give you the prize.  :D

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Ebony Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2007, 19:57

My name?
It's a reference to the colour of my hair...and the darkness of my soul...

;)
Profile PM 
bevy Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2007, 21:45

I drink loads... btw. sry.

having a beer in uk = a Bevy

It's an old name but it checks out,, any free pints of guinness allways send them to me  :p
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2007, 07:27

Mine came from when I made my first Hotmail acount. Raven was one of the characters in the old computer game  One Must Fall 2097, but Raven was already taken as a name, so I added 4x4x onto the end of it. That must have been seven or eight years ago, but I've been using it ever since.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2007, 12:01

Quote (raven4x4x @ Aug. 17 2007, 13:27)
...but Raven was already taken as a name, so I added 4x4x onto the end of it.

For me, that's the interesting question regarding your name. What on earth is that "4x4x", why that and not e.g. "16"? :)

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2007, 21:54

Quote (EeToN @ Aug. 18 2007, 01:01)
What on earth is that "4x4x", why that and not e.g. "16"? :)

I guess I just needed something that I no-one else would have used already... There is no special significance as far as I can remember.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 01:17

Quote (raven4x4x @ Aug. 17 2007, 21:54)
There is no special significance as far as I can remember.

Ignoring the last 'x', I thought it might be referencing a wooden plank, as in 'speak softly and carry a big stick', but then I realized that would be a 2x4.

--------------
Profile PM 
99 replies since Nov. 20 2006, 17:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net