Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: forum names, how did you pick yours?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Alan D Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 03:58

Quote (EeToN @ Aug. 17 2007, 17:01)
Raven was already taken as a name, so I added 4x4x onto the end of it

I had a vague, insubstantial notion that it might be related to some brand of Australian beer .....
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 05:52

Quote (Alan D @ Aug. 18 2007, 16:58)
I had a vague, insubstantial notion that it might be related to some brand of Australian beer .....

It would be nice if it was something that interesting, but I'm afraid not. It seems the rather random origins of my username have dissapointed some people!

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 07:43

Quote (Alan D @ Aug. 18 2007, 03:58)

Ah... but it's 4x and 4x - that would be two cans, and a two-can is a completely different bird to a raven, isn't it? :D

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 10:38

Quote (ImAFoolAndImLaughing @ Aug. 18 2007, 12:43)
Ah... but it's 4x and 4x - that would be two cans, and a two-can is a completely different bird to a raven, isn't it? :D

Yes. Unless you've had a lot more than two cans, and then it starts to look like a four-can.

[Public apology. OK, OK, I know. It's completely pointless and not even slightly funny, is it? But I had this ridiculous urge to write it, and it was easier to give in to the urge than resist it. It's like the chap who emptied a plate of mashed potatoes over another chap's head. When asked why he did it, he replied, 'I couldn't think of anything else to do.']

Mashed potatoes, anyone?
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 13:16

I thought it might have been something to do with four wheel drive vehicles. It's amazing how one name can have so many meanings!

No like the mashed potato, Alan  :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 13:41

Quote (raven4x4x @ Aug. 18 2007, 05:52)
It seems the rather random origins of my username have dissapointed some people!

Well, it's stimulated much cogitation, and that can only be a good thing. :)

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Margit Anna Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 15:52

Hello! I was not as creative as you were when I have chosen my name. I am just here as myself. That is good enough for me.  Nevertheless I like your names.  :D
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2007, 03:31

*waves* Hello and welcome to TubularBoard, Margit Anna.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2007, 14:04

Another unoriginal guy here; Trinidad is just my real name. Though if you think about it as a "Distinction of three divine persons in a single and only essence", it's quite cool, isn't it?

Also, my name can lead to funny (?) situations. In Spain Trinidad is a girls name, but I'm a boy. I can remember when my teachers took roll at school without knowing anybody:

Teacher: "Trinidad..."
Me: (Raises hand)
Teacher: "Trinidad!"
Me: "Yep, here"
Teacher: "Is not Trinidad here?"
Me: "Me, here!"
Teacher: "That's enough, boy, it's not funny! So Trinidad hasn't come today. Carlos..."

And my first surname is "Sibajas", what can mean "If you come down"... imagine the rest.

In other places I can be known as "DED", "WXW" or "Pepinorio", but the reasons are quite silly, so it's a waste of time to explain them.
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2007, 17:22

Quote (raven4x4x @ Aug. 18 2007, 11:52)
It seems the rather random origins of my username have dissapointed some people!

Including me, I'm totally disappointed. :D I also thought of you as a four-wheel-drive lover. :)

My nick is my first usual one on the Internet. I read the Hungarian Oldfield board for a long time and thought everyone had a strange name, so I made up a similar one. It comes from my last name (Tihon) reversing two-two letters (Itohn), and making it look English without changing the pronounciation (Eeton). And for making it even more strange, I capitalized every second letter (starting with the first one).

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Jan. 03 2008, 15:02

I chose Silver Negus, because it's the name of the type of Tracheostomy tube I have.  It's pure silver and sits flat on the neck, like a piece of jewelry.  It's a rare tube apparantly, and at one time had stopped being made in the 1930's. (But obviously back in production again.) So I guess i'm lucky to not have a plastic tube.

I was born with Vocal Cord Palsy.  The posh name for an acute type of airway blockage, with problems with the eppiglottis and vocal cords.
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2011, 05:29

Just in case anyone is interested in what may, without explanation appear to be a jumble of numbers etc with only one letter the letter "I", I will explain my user name as follows:-

0+1 are meant to represent the three sections that when put together would form the Celtic cross that I use as my avatar.
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/2145/30902659.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This cross I feel has great significance as a symbol both to God & understanding in science.  I feel it is a symbol that crosses between the two, as in the trinity of God this cross in it's 3 parts also demonstrates that there may well be a link between science\mathematics & G"O"D or d"0"g as these last 2 words are the reverse of each other, one however has zer0 at its centre or heart. The other if GOD exists we must assume or hope that GOD is a conscious being\entity whom has compassion in their heart for all beings great & small, if so then this Omni powerful deity must have all that is heavenly in mankind i.e. love & forgiveness along with compassion etc in Omni abundance.

So "O" represents an alpha point of nothingness, a zer0 state of beginning or the heart of GOD or both but without a GOD what we are left with is just science & this will be ominous & thoughtless!   A d0g at heart that will bite us if we get it wrong.

Now the plus sign +, this represents the fact that there is more than zer0, i.e. we exist in a plus state in being in the + direction of time Alpha-I+omegA.  When we look to the past we look in a minus direction at the changes that have already occurred ( TIME IN ONE WORD = CHANGE ) the gauging of time by a clock or similar chronograph is just this, we are only gauging\measuring the reading or changes that have taken place upon it, also just as if the power that drives the clock to change was to run out the clock would no longer register a change in time, so to would the universe stop if the power was removed from within it & time would stand still i.e. there would be no further future or changes.

This leaves the one or 1, the 1 is representational of the whOle or everything, the sum total of the one verse or Universe as one = the sum of all its parts taken in addition to be read as"O"NE & ALL.

I hope the above is clearer than mud!.

I will now explain the part of my user name which is within the brackets (I1) or in words "I"ONE or in Spanish OJO UNO=EYE ONE, this means many things.

First it represents: I, as are you, a singular dIvIsIon of the total.  My number in the group called the eyes or "I"'s is one\1 as I am the founder of the group I chose I1.

Second to this is that the "I" in many languages (including English) is fully interchangeable with the number one\1 as it is in Roman numerals, i.e. this could be written "I"=1.

Sorry readers but as I do hope you can begin to see this is a vast topic, the full explanation of the reasons behind my user name would require reams of paper or months of mine and your time\life to explain it all in the great depth that it goes to so if you are finding this all a bit to heavy (I would suggest you finish reading at the next full stop) in order to cut it short I1 is purely as above stated "I AM 1 .

For those who wish to go further on into the analysis of my strange user name please read on:-

The fact is that although we mostly are bOrn with two eyes in stereo (2 independent sides left & right channels) sight plus ears our whole body has this basic two sided left & right symmetry and it goes well beyond our bodies.  We have an amazing singular or mono mInd that combines our stereo senses in it into one mind.  These dual channels which perceive the universe around us mostly as opposites, i.e. we see or sense everything as one thing or in parts that make up the whole by sensing the opposites, in our minds reasoning the information is processed as one into, left\right - UP\DOWN - IN\OUT - true\lie - GOOD\BAD, light\dark etc.  There are two sides to our brain & two sides to almost every thing we see or do or choose between, it is all about sensing & making a choice between opposites & finding the balance & truths of what is right or wrong in the end for us or all.  GOOD is (as most will have realised) just the addition of the hOmOsapien mindset of GOD the double "OO".  Thus the mind is of two natures.  We have to make choices between what is good for us or heavenly choices of what is good for others yet maybe not what we want for ourselves.

The choices we make are what makes us what we are (as in all sentient beings who possess mental health i.e. a working mind) and this appears to be a golden desire to do better or\& do the right thing.  It appears like a soul in the subconscious\conscious mind.  What is unknown or in question here is, is it purely a freak of nature that we developed this amazing ability to carry out the ultimate act of (unselfish) self sacrifice for the good\LOVE of all or another?.   Or is this born & bred into us purely out of genetic necessity in order to continue the species?.  Or does it go even higher?.  For instance we have grasped a caring and love for the things we see around us that are not of our species, we have also developed a caring for many things so far beyond our sphere of self interest including an appreciation of beauty both in nature and arts, these are our muses they are what links us to higher places as in our appreciation of the muse\music of our very own mySTIC MaeSTrO, MO and this is why I am here, it is all due to my mystical musical journey with Mike that through his music and the muse of his artwork etc that I have heard and seen a mystical being show me so many unusual things that I/we wish to point out to you in order that you can now decide what they mean for yourselves like the following:- mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId =I C1 GOD OO ID I I (=12=3) or mIchaeL GOrDOn OLDfIeLD = IDOL GOLD IDOL (=3x4=12=3) then this also, michaeL gOrDOn OLDfieLD = OLD OLD OLD (=3+3+3=9) & once you understand all are to the sum of 3 you'll see many mystical secrets emerging from his work to the sum of thr3e.

It is my & our belief that we human beings may well be on the edge of a new awakening either of our potential i.e. a break through in the function of the mind or a realisation of some hidden truths that may come to us via science or\& GOD.  This could be good or it may mean we lose something in that the world could become a place where life and all aspects of it become LOGICAL in every tiny detail.  To understand what I mean by this you would be best directed to the example portrayed by the Vulcan race of people in the shows & films of the STAR TREK series & especially the purely logical nature & way of life of Spock & his people, as I do sense that this will be our logical future unless disaster strikes.

So whilst in most humans if not all, there are varying degrees of the EGO & to be separated from this is the goal of the enlightened being.  In ONE MiND on one side of the "I" is GOD the other D0G, now in my mInd exists the "I" or 1 all that I am the sole soul the whole truth is within the minds "I".  This is as true for me as it is for you.  We all know our own total truth, our personal one truth that we the "I"'s call 1T, as in IT but not to be confused with I.T or information tech, but very close in that it is like a living knowledge of all that we as human beings can be or understand to most likely be true to all or the majority, as is the total as in 0+1 all actually adds up to ONE TRUTH or ONE T shortened to 1T we believe that there may well be a universal conscious state that sentient beings when in the right mind can call on in the same way as the Buddhists OM, or when we simply wonder in the sound of thinking and "UM"out loud! & when you find the truth you believe in we agree with the sound "UM".  However if this is so one would have to say but I have thoughts of my own, do I not? & my reply to this would be we do appear to have freedom of choice but we can not lie to ourselves or to put it another way we can not fool ourselves that wrong is right or vice versa one knows ones own truths & lies & from them can not hide.

So now I1 and what it means when I write using this sign is that I1 or I for one believe what I write to be of the one truth or 1T, I do not say you have to believe it, also the things I write must only be taken by you as fact if you look hard & find reason to believe them as I am purely writing only as your guide in order for you to see what I/we have seen and to ask you to consider the things meanings as individuals, as many who read this will already know our views have been met with stiff opposition by some yet still very few in number & on only two or three subjects so far but I do hope that in time as more gets written that the many will begin to realise how this all fits together as a whole & all adds up to form a logical conclusion as a sum total, for all eyes to see and minds of understanding.

Please note I may add to this from time to time or edit it to create better understanding, as virtually not a day goes by without my realising the scope of this choice of user name has greater meaning as I find new information it seems to fit more and more.

More to come I hope in the future but that is 1T for now.
BE HAPPY
I1...

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2011, 06:52

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2011, 07:34

Quote (ImAFoolAndImLaughing @ Aug. 18 2007, 07:43)
Quote (Alan D @ Aug. 18 2007, 03:58)

How did anyone (bevy especially!;)) resist the temptation to say, "Mine's a Guinness!"?  :D

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2011, 07:46

@ 0+1(I1)

Before it was very difficult to me to understand some posts in English but now , when you're writing one , i really don't understand anything !

:laugh:

For me it's very simple!
In France we call Portugueses : Portos or Tos . ( it's a little pejorative , but not too much anyway )

I love Tubular Bells album and Oldfield music in general !

So i'm Tubular Tos !!! lol
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2011, 07:58

My name is just me. Everybody here knows my surname as well, as I share it with a very famous film director. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 19 2011, 02:49

Quote (Ugo @ Sep. 18 2011, 23:58)
I share it with a very famous film director. :D

Ugo Lynch everybody  :O  :laugh:

Milamber comes from R.E.Feists Magician.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2011, 03:47

You all seem very happy about your names - smug almost :D

Well I bitterly regret not being more creative and thinking it through better. :/

If I could name change it would be something like So-far-so or Far-so-far   :)

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
bob Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2011, 06:41

Tubular Tos dont worry about it Im English and find his posts very hard if not impossible to understand as well
  Bob
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2011, 08:22

Quote (bob @ Sep. 19 2011, 06:41)
Tubular Tos dont worry about it Im English and find his posts very hard if not impossible to understand as well
  Bob

Its Called Fluent Troll  Bob..   :zzz:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
99 replies since Nov. 20 2006, 17:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net