Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: forum names, how did you pick yours?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 20 2011, 03:05

3Wheeler how did you come by your name??

Images of three wheeled trollies flash by :D
Profile PM 
kith Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 11 2012, 19:00

I can assure you I'm a Mike Oldfield nut too but my username came from when I first went online and started Gaming.
I wanted a name that reflected a gaming side and my love of music, as I am also a big Adam Ant fan too I went with
*K*I*T*H*

or

Killer in the Home (An Adam & The Ants song)

I've used it since 1994 and my now wife and her 79 year old mum call me that more than my real name as that's how I was first introduced to them :)
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2012, 19:25

Initials. Very simple.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
Argiers Offline

Posted: Sep. 13 2012, 13:10

Guess where mine comes from??? Go on!

--------------
Buggered if I know...
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: Sep. 14 2012, 19:02

When I first came here in 2000some I used the nickname Jael, which was my wife's name. So when it came to a divorce I HAD to pick another for understandable reasons.

In a book I read on architectural drawings and projection methods I came apon a drawing of a chair, recognisable but quite tilted. It was called oblique projection. Since I felt I was emotionaly unstable, on a sliding slope so to speak, I recognised myself in that term.

One more thing. On other parts of the internet I use the name oblique2 as well. I used that name when I met the woman I'm now married to for seven years. In her wedding ring it reads oblique2, in mine's written Dasleuk, the name she uses. In Dutch that sounds like 'that's fun'. And it is...

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Michael Hilton Offline

Posted: Sep. 23 2012, 07:43

My eldest sister gave me the nickname "Puppywolf" (avatar on soundcloud).. as a youngster, because of my ruff and tumble nature at the time.... and it's stuck ever since.
This nickname has given my wife no end of amusement   :D
Profile PM 
Platinumpty Offline

Posted: Jan. 07 2013, 11:46

Mine's a bit of personal one, and mildly embarrassing.  sometime in the 80s, when I was in the peak of my first-phase of Oldfield enthusiasm, I saw a book published by a "Mike Oldfield" on Virgin Books.  It was a novel about the music business concerning some black-market trading of lost Springsteen bootlegs or something.  And it was terrible.

For many years I was under the mistaken impression that this was Mike's sole literary experment (although I was surprised to think of him as a Springsteen fan).

It wasn't until the invention of the internet and Google that I discovered there was another Mike Oldfield, a music journalist and (somewhat iffy) novelist, responsible for "Born..."

And to prove I'm not making this up:

Born in The UK on Amazon

So now you know!

Anyone know how to change a Forum name???
Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 07 2013, 18:51

Quote (BornInTheUK @ Jan. 07 2013, 16:46)

Ask Olivier very nicely :)

It can be done if there is a good reason. What would you want your forum name to be?

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Platinumpty Offline

Posted: Jan. 11 2013, 07:19

I'm tempted by either Ommadawg or Platinumpty.  My self-deprecating sense of humour is leaning me towards the latter!
Profile PM WEB 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Jan. 12 2013, 07:52

Quote (CJJC @ Aug. 12 2012, 11:25)
Initials. Very simple.

Ok... Now explain the Moe  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Jan. 12 2013, 19:14

Because all and every tubular bells albums means something very special to me..  :D

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Feb. 04 2013, 20:17

Quote (Platinumpty @ Jan. 07 2013, 11:46)
Mine's a bit of personal one, and mildly embarrassing.  sometime in the 80s, when I was in the peak of my first-phase of Oldfield enthusiasm, I saw a book published by a "Mike Oldfield" on Virgin Books.  It was a novel about the music business concerning some black-market trading of lost Springsteen bootlegs or something.  And it was terrible.

For many years I was under the mistaken impression that this was Mike's sole literary experment (although I was surprised to think of him as a Springsteen fan).

It wasn't until the invention of the internet and Google that I discovered there was another Mike Oldfield, a music journalist and (somewhat iffy) novelist, responsible for "Born..."

And to prove I'm not making this up:

Born in The UK on Amazon

So now you know!

Congratulations on the name change!  There are certainly worse Scots insults you could mangle into Mike's work! ;)

I'm minded to update another thread that mentions the book - it catches people out to this day.  I've just seen on on-line book selling site that has a copy priced over £40! :O

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Feb. 06 2013, 01:18

Quote (Michael Hilton @ Sep. 23 2012, 23:43)

Its not the name but the similarities Mike  :D
Profile PM 
Michael Hilton Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2013, 05:09

Quote (Milamber @ Feb. 06 2013, 14:18)
Quote (Michael Hilton @ Sep. 23 2012, 23:43)

Its not the name but the similarities Mike  :D

Yeah... i did feel an urge on the last full moon   :D
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2013, 05:44

Quote (Milamber @ Jan. 12 2013, 07:52)
Initials. Very simple.

The avatar moustache?

Promotional film for Don Alfonso. :D

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2013, 19:22

Quote (CJJC @ Feb. 28 2013, 21:44)
Quote (Milamber @ Jan. 12 2013, 07:52)
Initials. Very simple.

The avatar moustache?

Promotional film for Don Alfonso. :D

And all this time I thought it was Linda McCartney....  true  :)
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2013, 23:14

My name is an amalgam of my name and my wife's - She is a Singaporean Chinese and does not like Mike's music but is more into Celine Dion..... Just goes to prove lasting romance does not always mean you have to have the same interests and likes - we've been married 18 years and still going strong :-)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
I3ELLSend Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2013, 05:45

Hello fellow fans

I have been interested in Mike from the time I heard the first tubular bell ring out to me :-)  & that is why I have called myself "Bells end" because I dread the time when Mike will ring out his last chime. Maybe sad to say very soon now in this fortieth anniversary year.

Although he did not release TBII untill 92 some 19/20 years after he first put TB (I) together & TBIII came only six years later so with a bit of luck we still have lots more to hear! hip hip hurray, I hear you say :-!

TBells number IV or I + V joined together would form a 4 sign & that is why I have I & 3 instead of a B it is my way of signing a 4.

Now you know;-/ Peace to all
I3ELL  send. :D

PS  I would be interested to hear all your thoughts on Mike's Future in my very first topic.   http://tubular.net/forums....018;r=1

--------------
HOLA OLA (HELLO spanish ALL greek) IS IT A GOOD TIME TO CHANGE THE "ORDER"? & HOW DOES CRYING MAKE YOU FEEL? these are very deep questions, don't you think?
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: Mar. 06 2013, 09:39

And there was me thinking it was just a naughty joke name.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
I3ELLSend Offline

Posted: Mar. 06 2013, 10:37

Quote (CJJC @ Mar. 06 2013, 09:39)
And there was me thinking it was just a naughty joke name.

LOL CJJC & there was I thinking I might have been sent a message from way above in reading in my email that someone going by the name or initials of the alpha omega versions of Christ (CJ in the beginning JC the ending) had replied to my post  :D

GOD bless you Freddy now your mercury no longer moves! (Just a thought Quick silver or Mercury is thought as to be the messenger of GOD('S) so is this why Mike has it & the symbol of resurrection a butterfly on the cover of Platinum? or is it just that the M like shape of the wings & the O like shape of the liquid metal mark his initials ;-)

Sorry I have to ask this but is that (your avatar) a picture of him on a bad hair day? or do they not have barbers in GLAMROCK HEAVEN? or maybe it is his PERManent reward for being such a good human, I hope he is at peace with it & everything now.

Now in reply to your idea about the thinking behind my forum name I must say No! no it is not a play on the name of one Ric-hard Short-ending being used here my good fellow just a dirty great bell!! sending a message to all over .... oh I say DICKY over to 505MO4 rider in the blue is the message received? over to you old chap is it received & understood now? over to you over & out I3ELL-send. lol I hope!

--------------
HOLA OLA (HELLO spanish ALL greek) IS IT A GOOD TIME TO CHANGE THE "ORDER"? & HOW DOES CRYING MAKE YOU FEEL? these are very deep questions, don't you think?
Profile PM 
99 replies since Nov. 20 2006, 17:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net