Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Five Tubular Bells Out< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 11 2002, 05:14

I am listening to "Five miles out" on "the Complete Mike Oldfield" cd,and am listening to it on headphones,and i have noticed at 00:10 there plays the "Tubular Bells" theme for 4 seconds,and it sound just like "First Stages"(the demo for Tubular Bells2)ten years later,does this mean that Mike was actually playing around with the idea for a Tubular Bells2 album maybe years before it was realised?.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 11 2002, 14:02

I believe that Mike had the idea of reworking Tubular Bells for a long time - the opening to Crises is an example (created for the 10th anniversary of Tubular Bells).
Little bits of it do crop up in different places - like Five Miles Out and bits of Platinum and Hergest Ridge.
Certainly by 1989, the idea of Tubular Bells II was firmly in place, but Mike refused to give Virgin the pleasure of releasing the album (Richard Branson had been pushing for a Tubular Bells II ever since 1973).
Profile PM 
1 replies since May 11 2002, 05:14 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net