Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Finally registered!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
kris Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 01 2002, 01:15

Well after buying my registration code about 4 months ago, I have finally managed to actually register.  It seems my network settings were blocking the on-line registration site.  Having tried a million different things, I eventually un-checked the "Enable Winsock proxy server" option in my control panel, which allowed an independent Internet connection.

The game runs pretty good, although it does crash after the Jupiter sequence with the rose, every time.  I either get an error message or I survive the sequence and then get completely stuck trying to get out of the world.  Any ideas?
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Dec. 01 2002, 14:25

Yeah my computer which is pretty powerfull has problems at that rose sequence aswell. Not every time but quite often the game will freeze during that particular bit which is strange  because that rest of the game runs smoothly. I know there are newer versions of MVR available from MO.com which rectify past problems so you could try downloading one of them, though if like me you have a standard internet connection this may not be practical.

ps What os are you using? I have Win2000 but I've heard that WinXP and MVR don't get on well together.

pps You fire a rose at the vortex of flying roses to get back to the origin. Have fun and if you ever get stuck again the 'spoiler' section of this site contains a fair few solutions. And if you discover anything new yourself don't hesitate to post here especialy if you discover how to break down the barriers and travel over to the volcano and 'Daliphant' ( which it is possible to do ).
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Dec. 01 2002, 17:12

- You can find updates for the game engine (approx. 1.5MB) at http://www.mikeoldfield.com/update/ (currently version 1.1f).
- I've also both passed and been stuck in the rose scene - AFAIR, you need a few rings to pass. There are a few other occasions where Mike apparently also forgot to add an exit for the case that you have too few rings (e.g. when returning from the dolphins with the ray and less than 3 rings)
Andreas
Profile PM WEB 
kris
Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 02 2002, 22:20

I am using Windows 98 and also am using the latest version 1.1f.  Other than the rose sequence, I don't have any complaints about the performance.  Sometimes the screen jumps here and there but its okay.

The game itself is visually unlike anything I've ever seen.   I thoroughly enjoy it, although the game flow is a little hard to understand at times.  I'll be checking out the spolier section now I guess.
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2002, 10:28

I also have Windows 98... Version 1.1f caused my PC to replace waves in the sea near the beaches with geometrical black areas. I unistalled it, got back to version 1.1 and now everything is alright. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
4 replies since Dec. 01 2002, 01:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net