Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Finally got it, and now I love it!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ThisName Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 28 2006, 06:53

After a hard and arduous battle, I have finally seen the light with regards to Orabidoo! I spent so much time hating it, not understanding it and generally feeling baffled as to why everybody else seemed to like it. Recently I have listened to it a lot and it has really started to gel for me and now i believe it is one of his best tracks. I just love the section after the fugal piano bits when the guitars kick in with their riff along with the synth melody and shakers! That is perhaps one of my fave passages in all of hsi music, it is such an infectious groove. I played it last night after a long day and i really cranked up the volume and it was wonderful!

It just goes to show what a little patience and effort can bring you in terms of rewards!

--------------
www.ryanyardmusic.com
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: June 28 2006, 12:14

Good for you, Thisname! Well done for persevering with it! Orabidoo has always been my fave Mike Track, but my favourite bit is the Vocoder bit near the beginning, with them throbby "whooey-whooey" guitars under the chorus (I'm very up on the correct musical terms, as you can see....)  :D

Tony :)

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: June 28 2006, 15:06

congrats on finally liking one of mikes best!  :D

if you like it now you should look in the covers section for Jeremy's mix of it, its ace!  ;)

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
2 replies since June 28 2006, 06:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net