Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (6) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Finale, The group project< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ktran
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 22 2004, 01:04

Brandon's playing is pretty much authentic to MO's playing on TB 2003, as far as I can recall...

rgds,

Khoa Tran
BOOsTER@School
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 22 2004, 07:05

yes I think the same as Khoa...
I mean it's closer to the feel of TB2003 then to TB73...
but I think still in comparison to TB2003 it achieves the spirit of live playing...
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 02 2004, 09:15

I'm sorry you don't like my playing :). The only thing I disagree with you on majorly is that there are wrong notes. But I like it and am happy with it (though I admit it wasn't my best performance ever).

Everyone has their own opinions.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
ralfxjr
Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 16 2004, 15:10

:)  :cool:  :)  :cool: the only words i have

SUPER SUPER SUPER
terry2
Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 16 2004, 16:40

I think your playing is just great
Best regards
Terry2
John Bancroft
Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 18 2004, 12:31

Have been a Mike Oldfield Fan for 30 years, just doing an internet search Found your site and the Finale link downloaded and played Finale! Very very good!!! then started to read comments what a shock!!  to find out the base was played by my 16yr son strange how our tastes rub off on to our offsprings

Jonny's Dad   :)
Holger Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 18 2004, 13:42

That's great Mr Bancroft! I gave the link to Finale to my parents but I think they were more impressed with the fact that my name was on such a neat-looking website than with the music itself  :D
Profile PM 
FatBantha Offline

Posted: April 15 2004, 18:43

I'd agree in saying that the distorted guitar is forward - perhaps part of a regressing-to-teenage rock and roll fantasy on my part ;)

Exactly.
Especially at the end, I think it needs to be loud, where it really soars above everything else - perhaps one of the biggest changes from the original. Some will like it, some won't, I suppose...

Well, I love it. It could be risky, but I tell you that two slightly distorted guitars in your version sound better and more natural than in original TB. :cool:

The only thing I don't like is the volume of tubular bells... Too quiet. Just compare glockenspiel and "tubells" - their volume is almost the same. In my opinion Tubular Bells should sound more powerful.

I think Mike Oldfield have had the same problem on "Tubular Bells 2003" but he resolved it by decreasing volume and echo of glockenspiel. That why we can feel bigger contrast between glockenspiel and tubells.

Well, maybe I should do special mixed version of "Finale": glockenspiel from original TB '73, two slightly distorted guitars from your cover and tubular bells from TB2003. That could be perfect for me... Never mind...
Profile PM 
Mike Wannabe
Unregistered

Posted: June 05 2004, 16:47

Is the onpening of the music the sound track to the Exorcist?
I love the ending to track 1 with the Grand piano reed and pipe organ double speed gutar ect. And i think its amazing music because it means that you can let your imagination run riot.
I also liked the second track with the monster sounds is it a Ogre an wolf?

:cool:                                                                      :p
He needs to increase the volume of tubells
Im 13  u dnt get many 13 yr olds liking vocaless music
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 06 2004, 07:30

I only just noticed FatBantha's post here. Yes, the bells were something I debated over with myself for a while. They sound a bit stark if they're brought up too much, but there's a bit of room for them to come up here - I very nearly went back and did that, but there comes a point where you have to stop and leave things alone (or you can carry on fiddling with things for 30 years like some people do ;)). I think it works as it is - I'd say it's probably just about in line with Tubular Bells 2003 (I think you'll probably find that there's more volume difference between the bells and the bass at the beginning here than on Mike's 2003 version actually...) - but the difference probably isn't quite as great as the original.

Still, I was pleased with the bell sound we got, BOOsTER did well on that one. After a bit of fiddling, I think the results surprised everyone.
Profile PM 
Herr Wolfgang Returns
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 19 2004, 10:06

The Finale Track of the End of Tubular Bells's Part 1 is really good, Godd job!!. Are you going to do another version with other Mike Oldfield Musician fans?? I want to do it with you!!!!!
From Spain (sorry, I'm not talk English very well)
Best wishes!!
ADV
SPW
Unregistered

Posted: Sep. 14 2004, 07:38

WOW! I'm impressed! This is absolutely fabulous. It sounds so authentic that if you don't listen carefully you don't even realize the difference to Mike Oldfield's version. As I already listened to the album about 200 times I realized some differences. The distortion on the guitar pleases me very much. Screaming guitar rules ;-)

PS: Why not try your hands on Amarok or Ommadawn ;-)
Or compose something similar, that could be even more interesting. Something in the spirit of TB, Ommadawn, Hergest Ridge or Amarok. Something we've been wanting Mike to do for ten years now :)
Morti
Unregistered

Posted: Sep. 22 2004, 16:04

Mike did say compose something. Get on with it, guys! :-P
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 22 2004, 23:05

As we are :). Well at least some of us. I've got an instrumental in the making. Khoa Tran works on a lot of his own stuff.

Uhm...not sure what to say now...so...bye.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
ktran Offline

Posted: Sep. 22 2004, 23:44

...heh... as do Yuval, Satyagraha, Booster, Mr. Carter, Mr. Luysmans, and others...

rgds,

--------------
Khoa Tran
www.suspendedseconds.ca
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Sep. 23 2004, 06:33

Pulling off a group composition would be considerably more difficult. In the end, it would probably be someone suggesting a piece he wrote, and the others just contributing their parts with maybe one or two ideas of their own. It seems people are more comfortable working by themselves, though - and as long as there's good music coming out of that (as it does), that seems fine to me. :)
Profile PM 
Pachatantra Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2004, 10:34

:cool: Those who have done this masterpiece should have joined with the own Mike!!

It's.. very precious

--------------
[img]http://www.img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/Pachatantra/ban/ladyof.jpg[/img]
Profile PM WEB 
alphaone Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2005, 10:19

Wow! Fantastic! I've been a fan of Mike Oldfield for many years. I've especially loved Tubular Bells. Then today I was looking up Mike for details of his Tubular Bells albums when I stumbled on your tribute.
What an excellent piece of work. Truly worthy of a tribute to Mike. On the finale page it was said that you should record your own compilation.
I for one would like to hear it if you did. I think you all did an amazing job. Congrats to you all.
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2005, 14:16

Only just heard this track & I'ts fantastic :)
What a tribute!
Really liked the distorted guitars & also the voice-not easy
to get that right(could have spoiled the whole track)but,it worked.

And as there's so much to it-will have to hear it again,
and again...
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: Sep. 04 2005, 13:03

I can't believe I have only just caught up with this. I have just downloaded the mp3 file and played it.

AWESOME!!!

Both my elder daughter and I listened without interruption and all I can say is that I am very proud to be a member of this forum, overflowing with the amount of talent that you all have. Very well done to all of you - it is an amazing piece of work, displaying dedication, skill and a true love of the maestro's work.

MORE! Please!!  :D

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
103 replies since Oct. 31 2003, 10:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (6) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net