Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Favourite track?, Best bit of TBIII< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 02 2007, 19:08

Hey, Bill - nice to have you back. Long time no see, ain't it? :)

My favs: FATC, Man in the Rain for the beautiful lyrics, and, as a pianist, The Top of the Morning. One of the best piano pieces EVER, in my opinion, except, of course, Chopin's second Nocturne and a whole other bunch of classical pieces. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 02 2007, 19:27

The Top of the Morning has always been my favourite track from TB3, right from the moment I first heard the album.  I was so put out that Mike didn't play it on his Then & Now tour, the only time I've seen/heard him play live.

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
SoimSandheaver Offline

Posted: Jan. 03 2007, 19:34

I have to agree with you there, Moz. TOTM is possibly my favourite piano tune of all time.

--------------
"Three blokes go into a pub, one of them's a little bit stupid, then the whole scene unfolds, with a tedious inevitability."
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Jan. 03 2007, 19:47

yes very nice!
But not my favorite he he..
Like tubularbills; count me on!! ;)
far above the clouds rocks and it is a Rock on this album. The summit :)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
arsarnerit Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2007, 17:30

I'm listening very often to TBIII lately. I like every single track of it, but the ones i prefer are Outcast, Serpent Dream, The Inner Child and Man In The Rain.
Outcast is the most cheerful track of the album.
Serpent Dream has that Spanish mood that reminds me of Taurus III from Crises.
The Inner Child is lovely, and Rosa Cedron's voice is great.
Man In The Rain was written in the period of Moonlight Shadow, but i find it even sadder than MS in the lyrics, because it talks about Mike himself and his detachment from his family. Also the music is more melancholic. Curiously, in Mike's live performances of 1998-1999 the solo he played in Moonlight Shadow was very similar to the one of Man In The Rain.

--------------
And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds, and nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells.
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: June 03 2007, 14:15

I can't get enough of "Outcast". The thing is, when I want to listen to it, more often than not, I'll end up listening to the entire Jewel/Outcast/Serpent/Child block.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Moonwatch Offline

Posted: Jan. 12 2008, 17:22

Mine has to be either Moonwatch (its fun to jam to :D ) and Far Above The Clouds

--------------
The last that ever she saw him, carried away by a moonlight shadow...
Profile PM 
Ebony Offline

Posted: Jan. 12 2008, 22:04

I remember saying on some other TBIII thread that Far Above the Clouds was my favourite, with Top of the Morning incredibly close behind, snapping at its heels.  But I'm favouring Outcast these days.  It rocks.  Hard.  And I also like Moonwatch, because of the image I get in my head when I listen to it.
Of course, FATC is always going to be one of the faves.  I still get goosebumps when I listen to that, even now.
 :)
Profile PM 
27 replies since June 08 2006, 07:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net