Empyrean 4  [15.38%]
Musica Universalis 6  [23.08%]
Guests cannot vote

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Favourite section of part 2< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 25 2008, 10:18

Choose your favourite section of part 2 of Music Of The Spheres.

I went for the sublime Harmonia Mundi...

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 25 2008, 12:42

Harmonia Mundi for me also.  :)
Profile PM 
BTH Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Mar. 27 2008, 20:41

Yes Harmonia Mundi... All of the major themes of the album condensed into just under four minutes of sheer bliss...

--------------
Tá mé an amadán ag cheoil...
Profile PM 
Legend Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2008, 14:52

Haven´t voted yet - but yes Harmoni Mundi is (playing this very second) sublime. Only one thing wrong: much too short, Mike could have taken all these themes to even higher levels I´m sure. Repeated over and over again - I wouldn´t mind!!! It ends too soon!!!
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2008, 03:19

I currently can't decide between "Harmonia Mundi" and "Empyrean".

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2008, 06:24

Musica Universalis for me... just for the imagery I get from it alone... a beautiful crescendo at the end. Brilliant.  :D

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2008, 09:55

Musica Universalis. Great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great... just GREAT. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
TheMann Offline

Posted: April 02 2008, 03:54

Really difficult, since all of Part 2 is so magnificant! Harmonia Mundi is my choice. To me, this is the absolute highpoint in MOTS, for many reasons (but let me stress that I like each and every track! ).

11 is very elaborate, emotional, beutiful, thematically interesting (everything in MOTS come together here in an intelligent fashion), the guitar is lovely played ... it is mature music, with Mike not trying to force anything in your face; he knows it is extremely strong material and lets it speak for itself.

I almost picked Musica Universalis which I think contain the strongest theme ever written by Mike; yes EVER. I am talking about the notes introduced by the piano ... it is to me ... beyond words ... I just love it ... and I love the way the guitar plays along it. Subtle, perfect.

But 11 has melodies almost that strong as well, and is compositionally slightly more complex (as far as I am concerned). More original since it is less TB-influenced.

Amazing actually, when I think about it; I can have them both! I don't have to choice ...
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: April 03 2008, 05:19

Quote (Ugo @ Mar. 29 2008, 09:55)
Musica Universalis. Great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great... just GREAT. :D

Yes - same here Ugo  ;)
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: April 27 2008, 04:19

I found some space art wallpapers at this site: one of which is called "Empyrean" (and another is "Silhouettes").

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Legend Offline

Posted: April 28 2008, 05:37

Harmonia Mundi is my final choise - can hardly listen to it without crying! It is so overwhelming perfect in any aspect - pure gold.

Aurora however is a wonderful nr. 2 for me - I especially love the vocal arrangements.
Profile PM 
10 replies since Mar. 25 2008, 10:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net