Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Favorite bit of Music VR part 1, while we are waiting for TBVR.....< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 23 2003, 15:41

Hi all,

seems most bits of MVR have been discovered. What are peoples favorites?

Personally, it's a toss-up between the flight from the island to the volcano (love the music and the dancing baby-thing), the return to the origin (great music and phsycadelic visuals, especially looking at the side of the tunnel at speed!;) and the section between getting the second and third rings ("the spirit is proud of you", smoking bush, scorpion and cool music).

Think I'd choose the last of those three myself, the most incredibly relaxing music and visuals I have ever experienced.

Cheers

Matt

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 23 2003, 16:03

- Owl cavern flight (Fantastic music)
- Swords game
- Dolphins game
- Flying roses bit [i.e. after you get ring #6 on the tree. ;)]

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2003, 16:16

personally... the owl's cavern flight... i love this bit. music and images fit perfectly there... it's great flying on the moonlighted sky with the owl... and when the bird stops over the lake and rushes into the cave makes me have the feeling of being really flying (which would be complete with one of those cyber glasses :) i have it on mind for a, hope, near future...)

apart from that, the tai chi island bit is also among my fav... but in this it's quite odd the way it finishes... from the beggining it's a very relaxing bit... the firebeings, the island and the flight with the flying saucer are great but that hot stomach of the vulcano... i have to admit that when i arrive there i feel as if i needed more air and i always hurry up to find the yellow thing and go out from there...

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 04 2003, 18:49

I also like the Owl Cavern a lot. And another one is after the sprites game when the sprites take you up in space and the guitars are screaming out. Awesome visuals with that.

I can't understand why so many people like the dolphin part though lol. Sure it's really good and one of the best but it just didn't do anything for me that much. It is also one of my favorites though. I like going deep underwater to the castle. The music fits perfectly. That's a really magical area for me as well.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: Feb. 04 2003, 20:03

The Owl Cavern rulz! Love the whole sequence and the music is awesome. I like throwing snow balls at the snowman too :-)

Another thing I love is the expansive silence of the canyon and then hearing the drum beat from the indian village. :cool:

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 

Posted: Feb. 05 2003, 09:20

Ah yes the indian drum beat! I was hoping Mike would do something with Indian (meaning Native American) music sometime. I really like the Indian drum sounds. One of my favorites on Tr3s Lunas II is The Earth Spirit just because of those drums :). (Actually that track could have been a lot better now that I think about it, but oh well)

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
ally Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2003, 07:31

The nicest part for me is the flight with segull to the turtle island..notice the sky - first sky is pink, then become blue, dark and dark to the night sky, you can see the stars on the sky...but the sky little by little clear up and it is morning and you are on the island...this music is very nice and fits perfectly to this flight... :)
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: April 15 2003, 15:00

The owl cavern flight is superb but no one has mentioned the phoniex music when you fly to the island with the morphing baby, fantastic!!!!!, even better on tres lunas II (thanks musically inspired) sprites is also a good track and last but not least i have to say the music when you get the ring from the place protected by the scorpian is one of the most atmospheric peices mike has done  :D

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 

Posted: April 15 2003, 21:01

Octavio Molano's Snow Owl theme is waaaaay better than mine! *UNDERSTATEMENT*

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: April 21 2003, 14:13

Where can i find this version? i would like to hear it and compare the 2  thanks :D

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
9 replies since Jan. 23 2003, 15:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net