Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Fave ways to beat the cold and blues, Staying positive on cold dark days< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 419 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 10 2009, 04:43

Hi little vegemites. another thread to ponder! how are you coping with the long days when not working. how do you keep the blues at bay? fave hobbies, cheers
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2009, 05:43

Good topic.I keep it together by spending a long time on guitar.Nice way to take yourself off somewhere else for a wee while.I get very bored very quickly with most things but i can pick up my acoustic and play for hours and not annoy the neigbours.That's really my only hobby as such (although i think "obsession"would be a more accurate description).Other than that i like to wrap up warm and go out for a long walk.North Oxfordshire isn't the most inspiring places scenery wise but it's not bad.Just a little flat.
Nice to see you back BTW.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2009, 20:50

Hi caveman, i agree that playing the acoustic is relaxing after a long day,it is a hot summer here and so cold in britain.keep smiling and keep warm cheers
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2009, 02:29

I'm on my 2nd night of "calling in sick".....and I am still infested. I wish this were a live MO chat forum, I'm bored out of my skull. Spent 20 hours in bed yesterday. I just wish you Tubularians could come over(especcialy those who play instruments) and play at my bedside. This is the first -real- flu I've had in like, 4 years. Well, I've got Eddy. It seems "Mitzu" Maltese/Shih-tzu are incredibly empathic. Sees yous, if I survive......jus' kidding. I plan to live forever.....
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2009, 02:34

Quote (Scatterplot @ Feb. 11 2009, 02:29)
I'm on my 2nd night of "calling in sick".....and I am still infested. I wish this were a live MO chat forum, I'm bored out of my skull. Spent 20 hours in bed yesterday. I just wish you Tubularians could come over(especcialy those who play instruments) and

Hey jim take it easy and look after yourself. if i were in the uk iwould bring over some chicken soup  cheers deb
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2009, 05:11

Up until about 6-8 months ago,I spent most of my limited spare time making music on the computer.Anyway I kind of got to the point where I seemed to be just going round in circles with it really.I don`t know,just bored with it I suppose?..Dare say I`ll start it up again when the inspiration/inclination comes around again,but that does`nt feel like anytime soon,I must admit.Maybe it`ll surprise me when I`m not expecting it?.

Currently spending most of my free time compiling cd`s out of retro soundtrack and library music.60`s/70`s lounge and rare groove kind of stuff I guess,I`ve got a weakness for all that nonsense.Apart from that I`ve actualy started watching the tv again lately(surely not)..Oh and I`m reading a book about Eric Morecombe which I picked up last week in a charity shop,which is very entertaining.It`s got loads of pictures in it and stuff,right up my street.
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2009, 01:15

Quote (Scatterplot @ Feb. 11 2009, 02:29)
I'm on my 2nd night of "calling in sick".....and I am still infested. I wish this were a live MO chat forum, I'm bored out of my skull. Spent 20 hours in bed yesterday. I just wish you Tubularians could come over(especcialy those who play instruments) and

Hey scatterplot, caveman, matt and all who have the qe flu hope you getting better.  cheers deb
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2009, 01:41

Oh wow. Sad news bros. I hope I did not give it to you. I know I did not but one can still hope, I was in an airport yesterday with my disease bound for Anywhere, Terra. I'm much better thank you, still gulping mucolytics and cough suppressants. Just bored. Phil Manzanera became my freind on Myspace a while ago, yeah oh gee whilikers jumpin' joy. But I do have a hankerin' now to hear "Miss Shapiro".  By the way Happy Valentine's Day.
Jim

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2009, 01:57

BTW, I can give you guys some advice. It may sound gross, but I did major in respiratory therapy once(for a while). As the disease progresses, mucus becomes thicker, more viscous and harder to "purge". Take mass quantities of mucolytics and cough supressants. Look for OTC products with dextromethorphan hydrobromide and guiafenesin. If you're adult age(I think you all are), look at the dosage on the bottle, then DOUBLE it. Forget Tylenol aka acetaminophen. Take aspirin 10 grains Q4H till you have no chills or pain then stop. Hope that helps,
Jim

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2009, 08:56

Jees Scatterplot.The new avitar is a tad bright.It deserves the news programme "we should warn viewers that this report contains flash photography".
@ex member.Thanks but i'm in good health and don't have flu.I may have mentioned i had it once and sympathised with anyone who has had flu (and not just a bad cold that they've assumed to be flu)but i haven't had flu since my teens.

--------------
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2009, 00:48

Glad to hear you are well caveman, and scatterplots avatar seriously kicks a,....back at work at uni, inducting new students, lots of international students this year, cheers, deb
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2009, 09:12

My god's....it changed twice today already!
Jim mate you really have to get out more!What the hell is the avatar with the child coming out of a childs mouth coming out of childs mouth (ad infinitum)about?Wierd!
Btw i know my birth certificate clearly states January 20th 1975 but i'm still unsure if i really am adult age.My daughters certainly question it sometimes.Except on Sunday mornings when,untill i've had my morning hits of Caffeine and nicotine,i am 'grumpy old Dad'. :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2009, 10:38

Gosh gee whillikers. First it's too bright now too wierd. I think the avatar is to remind us that life is a continual process of rebirth, metamorphosis, self improvement, the continual struggle to better ourselves through change, shedding our outer skin of evil for good. Or....it could be an explanation of the concept of "infinite regression" as seen inwardly. Or it could be just some kid regurgitating himself continuously.....

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2009, 10:54

PS: No I don't get out much(not on my job anyway). I work night shift, sitting in front of a PC, playing online games, shooting zombies, keeping the world safe from "the Undead", fooling with Myspace, looking for the stupid deal of the day on musiciansfreind, continually bugging Mike Oldfield fans, listening to music/youtube or in this case looking for interesting avatars. I could put the cat with the machine gun back if you like......

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2009, 11:00

I liked that one. :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2009, 11:46

I have to say I liked the cat too. Had that Scarface quality to it. "Say hello to my little friend". But since little Eddy is my "family" I should put him there.......in progress.
Jim(sick of nightshift)bo

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2009, 14:16

Quote (Scatterplot @ Feb. 15 2009, 07:57)
Look for OTC products with dextromethorphan hydrobromide -- If you're adult age(I think you all are), look at the dosage on the bottle, then DOUBLE it.

Hmm. One time twelve years ago I actually drank a whole bottle of that stuff (= two decilitres). I remember the date because the next day I had to attend the mandatory meeting held for every seventeen year-old by the armed forces. What is that meeting in English? Anyway, they need to know if one wants to join them. I didn't sleep at all before the army thing, just sat on the toilet and stared. To my great surprise, after the medical examinaton, the military actually wanted me to kill people. But no, I didn't give them the satisfaction by agreeing to help them. Was nauseous already. This isn't really relevant to this thread since the medicine didn't help and I didn't have a cough at the time. But it's good to know that if a doubled dose possibly makes you better, a whole bottle definitely doesn't.
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2009, 04:26

Quote (The Caveman @ Feb. 17 2009, 09:12)
My god's....it changed twice today already! Jim mate you really have to get out more!What the hell is the avatar with the child coming out of a childs mouth coming out of childs mouth (ad infinitum)about?Wierd! Btw i know my birth certificate clearly stat

Know what you mean caveman, i have to have my coffee and nicotine first thing or i am a grump. the older i get the more caffine i need, now where are my bl..... glasses? deb
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2009, 04:39

Quote (Scatterplot @ Feb. 17 2009, 11:46)
I have to say I liked the cat too. Had that Scarface quality to it. "Say hello to my little friend". But since little Eddy is my "family" I should put him there.......in progress. Jim(sick of nightshift)bo

I loved kick arse kitty but eddie is so cute, and night duty sucks thats why i left nursing, spent forever at uni, and work within criminology, nice wage, good hours, deb
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2009, 05:27

What do you criminologize?

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
20 replies since Feb. 10 2009, 04:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net