[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Father and daughter fans!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Megz Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 29 2004, 22:36

This is for Aussie fans.
My Dad is 44 now, and he's been hooked on Mike Oldfield since he was about 17. I'm 14, and I've been listening to Mike since i've pretty much been born. Dad's got me hooked on it so much, we both have a collection of every CD Mike has ever brought out.
Is there anyone else like that?

cheers,
Megz
:)
Profile PM 
Mirage Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2004, 12:35

Yep! I'm 46 and bought my first Mike Oldfield album (Tubular Bells) when I was about 15, I think. Been collecting ever since. My two sons have grown up with him as well, and are big fans too. In fact when I go looking for my missing Oldfield CD's I immediately ask them where they are, they're usually sitting next to one of their computers, or in the CD Drive.  

:)
Profile PM 
Megz Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2004, 04:03

Very nice  :) That's the same with my Dad and Me, we're always chasing eachother for CD's. lol.
How old are your sons now?
Profile PM 
SentinelGard Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2004, 06:25

thats great ...  wicked even ..  Ive been into mikes music for years and i also listen to it with my daughter and she like it alot, i hope she grows up to be a big M.O fan to..

--------------
"Onwards & Upwards'"
Profile PM WEB 
Mirage Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2004, 13:33

Megz,

My sons are 17 & 18 years old. One is a senior in High School and the other graduated last year and is currently attending the California Culenary Academy in San Francisco. (Shameless proud father plug there... sorry).
Profile PM 
Guilty Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2004, 20:40

I may not be Aussie, but my dad got me hooked onto Mike Oldfield, especially TSODE.
Profile PM 
Megz Offline

Posted: Oct. 04 2004, 03:09

Quote (Guilty @ Oct. 03 2004, 20:40)
I may not be Aussie, but my dad got me hooked onto Mike Oldfield, especially TSODE.

thats cool  :)
Profile PM 
Megz Offline

Posted: Oct. 04 2004, 03:12

Mirage,

Very nice. Thought I'd ask because I don't know alot of 'younge' people that like MO's music. Tell them i said "good on 'em" lol.

Cheers!
Profile PM 
Megz Offline

Posted: Oct. 04 2004, 03:13

Mirage,

Very nice. Thought I'd ask because I don't know alot of 'younge' people that like MO's music. Tell them i said "good on em" lol.

Cheers!
Profile PM 
SentinelGard Offline

Posted: Oct. 04 2004, 03:51

i glad to see some Aussies like myself on these forums , being Australian fans are far and few between here in Ozz. I to have a son and he is now 2 years old , he used to listen to TBII when he was real little in his cot on a set of little speakers i riged up for him..   :cool:

--------------
"Onwards & Upwards'"
Profile PM WEB 
Megz Offline

Posted: Oct. 05 2004, 02:05

awwwwww, that's so cute  :)  Hope he continues to like it in his future years.  :)
Profile PM 
Guimauve2 Offline

Posted: Oct. 05 2004, 07:05

I my case, I think my father entrusted his love to Mike's work to me.

He was a great (well, I think so) listener of Mike's music when he was my age (17).  He then shifted music styles (he listen to classical music which is, in my opinion, not so bad), but I listen to Mike's music, and I like it a lot, maybe more than my father did!
Profile PM 
Megz Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2004, 03:56

That's cool. I honestly didnt know alot of people had heard of Mike Oldfield let alone like him and listen to him alot.
Sounds silly, but it's true.
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2004, 16:59

im 29, my dad is 53, in a few days, he got me in to mike at 11 years old, i have all the albums on record, cd and a lot of them on tape, remember that funny looking rectangle thing?  :D , also t shirts, books, etc..........

my son is 3 in november and i always play mike to him, he doesn't complain so i hope he'll like it too!  :D  :cool:

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
Megz Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2004, 03:07

my dad's like that. Has all the CD's, records, etc. Where abouts do you get T-shirts from?
Profile PM 
SentinelGard Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2004, 04:39

i have to agree megz , i don't know hardly anyone thats even heard of mike oldfield here on Ozz  , maybe a few that know TB1 that where around in the 70's when the album came out..  So where in Australia are you? .I live in Adelaide..
:cool:

--------------
"Onwards & Upwards'"
Profile PM WEB 
Megz Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2004, 05:31

SentinalGard,
Yep, I'm in Oz. In Melbourne.
Profile PM 
SentinelGard Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2004, 06:04

Sweet...   Love Melborne....  Good work....   glad to see another Aussie in these forums...
:cool:

--------------
"Onwards & Upwards'"
Profile PM WEB 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2004, 13:16

hi megz, sorry to say that i got the shirts from the concerts i've been to, so they are not abundant!

maybe we should get some sort of petition together and send it off to mike's official site, for t-shirts and the like, just a thought!  :D

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
beagle Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2004, 15:30

i'll throw in my personal story... i am 38 and bought five miles out (first, of many, oldfield albums) when i was 18... now, i have two little ones of my own who frequently ask if they can watch "the song with the boys face" (which is the live version of above the clouds, from tubular bells 2003 dvd)... i always like having an excuse to play some of mike's music... and now that i am playing guitar more frequently, now that the kiddies are a bit older, i find myself accessing tab from some of mike's tunes
Profile PM 
35 replies since Sep. 29 2004, 22:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net