Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Father and daughter fans!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Megz Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 08 2004, 00:02

Quote (bugular tell @ Oct. 07 2004, 13:16)
hi megz, sorry to say that i got the shirts from the concerts i've been to, so they are not abundant!

maybe we should get some sort of petition together and send it off to mike's official site, for t-shirts and the like, just a thought!  :D

lol. That's a great idea  :)
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Oct. 08 2004, 09:47

Hey, I got into Mike Oldfield all by myself, but I intend to get my niece into music at all costs. :) I mean, mother also wants to get her into music, but if my niece follows mother's musical tastes, it will be a catastrophe. I almost always have music going on, so I hope the melodies are sticking to her head! She seems to dig Sparks already, and slowly, she'll make her way through The Beatles, The Who, Pink Floyd, Yes and Mike Oldfield, if it all depends on me!

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Megz Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2004, 02:06

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ Oct. 08 2004, 09:47)
Hey, I got into Mike Oldfield all by myself, but I intend to get my niece into music at all costs. :) I mean, mother also wants to get her into music, but if my niece follows mother's musical tastes, it will be a catastrophe. I almost always have music going on, so I hope the melodies are sticking to her head! She seems to dig Sparks already, and slowly, she'll make her way through The Beatles, The Who, Pink Floyd, Yes and Mike Oldfield, if it all depends on me!

goodluck :D
Profile PM 
Blind Faith
Unregistered

Posted: Oct. 10 2004, 22:01

I never knew there were so many avid fans. I bought TB in december 73 and still have the copy. My two daughters (18 and 11) believe MO is a normal part of music as Bach or Chopin  :p

I often have to track down my cds all over he house.

:cool:
sister_in_the_dark Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2004, 14:33

My brother listened to Mike's music in the 80's and since that I do the same :)
My Dad got me into 50's and 60's Rock n' Roll which had a quite big influence on my taste of music today I guess.
These days I try to give him something back. Bought him a cd of 'The Meteors'. He's listening to it in his car and he really seems to like it. Wonder if I can get him to wear a 'Flat' and a leather jacket ;)

--------------
...spin the wheel of fortune or learn to navigate...
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2004, 22:43

My kids may be suffering from Mike overload. They generally make grumpy faces when I start playing Mike's stuff and go "oh not again".

But then, My son loves MVR and thinks the music parts are "cool", (he's to young to know that saying "cool" is really uncool), and even my 6 year old daughter is getting the hang of flying Avatars.

Then I noticed that they like it more than they admit, 'cos when i went to turn off the in-car tape of TB3, they wanted more. I'll keep working on them, gotta be better than Busted and other boybands.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2004, 07:22

Hello everyone, Aussie fans, fantastic. I first heard TB as an advert for the movie and was only 12 so couldn't see it and asked for the soundtrack for my 13th birthday. I have 3 grown sons, 2 are fans, the 3rd likes rap, I joke about who will get my collection when I am dead. I live in the Adelaide Hills, moved from Sydney in 71. Have all his albums, Dark Star mags, only one poster, and an excellent oil painting of TB my brother did for my 40th birthday. My sister has TB tattooed on her chest. I admit I listen to him less these days because I love a variety of music but I still enjoy putting 5 different cds on and playing them on random and enjoying a unique and new listening experience every time. Oh yeh, and he's cute too, esp in his hippy looking Jesus days. Why are most of his fans male though? Do guys have a better ear for music?
Contact me anyone
tubulartracy@hotmail.com
mandt@internode.on.net
Ciao
Tracy
TubularBelle

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Ratty Offline

Posted: May 03 2005, 17:41

Hi Megz, im not Australian but i am a Father who has two daughters Katie(8) and Grace(4). Both of them love to sing and dance to Mikes music. They love Moonlight Shadow and Katie has even done a show at her school were she sings and dances to MS. They also love Cuckoo Song and again make up dances to this song.

Does this qualify me for honorary Aussie Citizenship?    :D

--------------
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells
Profile PM 
MikeAholic Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2005, 04:52

I'm 44 and my son of 15 has become a great Mike Oldfield fan too. We are living in Belgium and at this moment waiting for the newest CD to arrive (it should arrive today!;). Luckely it is a double CD, so we will most likely split the cd's to be able to listem to them first  :) .

--------------
I sure hope that Mike realises what joy he brings to us !
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2005, 04:59

Welcome to the site MikeAholic and son, great moniker.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2005, 05:33

Hello from me too(England UK) - great that your son also likes M.O. I'ts quite a different story with my son,also 15yrs of age.All rap & things - oh what fun we have sometimes :O  :laugh:
Profile PM 
MikeAholic Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2005, 11:09

Do you mean to imply that my son and I don't have some fun because we both love Mikes music ?  :O

And what's a moniker ? The word is not present in my dictionary.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2005, 20:17

The 'fun' that Groovy Granny is refering to actually means humorously lighthearted conflicts I think.

And a moniker is the name that you have chosen to call yourself, MikeAholic, I find it inventive and funny.

Cheers.
Tracy.

--------------
Profile PM 
Nexus6 Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2005, 02:38

Now, with me it gets very complicated. I was born in Switzerland, live now in Australia, have a daughter (she's 15 now, she lives in Switzerland now) and she loves MO as well ... she heard them when I was listening to them... and she loves it ...
Profile PM 
MikeAholic Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2005, 14:25

Quote (TubularBelle @ Sep. 27 2005, 10:59)
Welcome to the site MikeAholic and son, great moniker.

My son also joined the forum to give his independant thoughts - moniker TubularTaurus - here should come a proud smiley  :)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2005, 23:19

Fantastic, welcome to the site nexus and I really look forward to getting to know you all. Post your photos in Members Photographs in the Gallery in the Miscellaneous section. It's new so you can be some of the first, cheers!

Tracy.

--------------
Profile PM 
35 replies since Sep. 29 2004, 22:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net