Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Fast approaching meltdown, Give me an mo tune to keep me sane< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 419 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 23 2009, 08:15

My career choice is causing me angst, when teenagers rape, murder and show no remorse i want to bring back the death penalty, how can i cope with the bad, evil animals i have to research, help tubes,deb
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Mar. 23 2009, 09:05

Assuming you like it (and I can't recall if you have expressed your opinion on here), I'm finding that Music of the Spheres is pretty calming during stressful times at work.

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Mar. 23 2009, 10:49

Hergest Ridge, original no-remix version of course. Provided it was downloaded at least once every 90 days the Rapidshare link should still work. Look in the HR forum, Porky thread. Incantations, Ommadawn, Light+Shade, good mellow bets too.
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Mar. 23 2009, 20:59

:) thanks clotty, i had a listen to silouhette and it helped me sleep,@ scatterplot that version of hergest ridge is comforting, thank heavens for mikes music, true food for the soul, deb
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2009, 13:04

I've been thinking about Pat Metheny "as falls witchita so falls witchita falls" and come to the conclusion that once you've run out of MO, this would do fine. "September 15th" in particular which I(avoid and reserve for) play every Sept. 15th and usually have an emotional response(for my own personal experiences on several Sept. 15th's-interesting tie-in but true). You might want to look into the Pat Metheny Group catalog. This music will chill you out and refresh you(once you've exhausted MO of course). First Circle is one I'd get like.....immediately. Listen to Mas Alla(sp). Chill Deb, chill. I've got good reasons for telling you this, since I know what you do. My sister, also named Deb, as assistant district attorney looked at photos of deaths, rapes, mutilations. It affected her. Her destiny/outcome I won't disclose in open forum, but MO and Pat Metheny might have chilled her out. I suggest you procure some of these recordings.
Jimbo

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2009, 19:19

Ta scatterplot, i will give pat maheny a listen, i have chilled, attend debriefs, i will be ok, hope your sister is ok, its a nasty business, deb
Profile PM 
5 replies since Mar. 23 2009, 08:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net