Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Fan artwork, anything but music< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
oblique Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 21 2003, 17:19

Over the years I found out that music not only can influence your mood. It can be an inspiration as well.

In this forum we've started topics like how Mike has influenced and inspired people to make their own musical compositions.A lot of this beautiful music can be heard here.

One of the things I like to do in my sparetime is making 3-D drawings, just for fun. But having the right kind of music over my speakers gives me sometimes a new angle, a new way of looking at a problem.

We all know the work of Hans Claesson. I'd like to know if there are more fans who are creative in any other way than music. So show us your video's, your photo's, your paintings, etc.
I will take this (self created) opportunity to show some of my work here

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 21 2003, 18:19

Very interesting stuff. I love 3D artwork. it's truly amazing stuff. I tried getting into it once but could not for the life of me figure out how people make stuff look so great. I got lost, discouraged and eventually quit. Oh well. Best to leave that in the hands of more gifted people, anyway. I'll make the music, they can create the CD artwork :D.

Mige Iranzo on here did a bit of 3D modeling and even used it to make new artwork for my Tr3s Lunas II compilation. Wherea are ya, Mige? Come on here and show us your skills! :)

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Posted: June 22 2003, 04:42

Very nice. If someone here will need artwork for albums or so, we know at who we can start nagging. ;)

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: June 22 2003, 05:00

I'm what you would call an 'appreciator' of art: I love music, but I can barely play a guitar or piano tune. I also have over 50 megs of 3D art and wallpapers on my computer, but I have no idea how to do it. I have one piece which I did at school messing around with a picture of a forest and a keliedoscope effect. I'll see if I can upload it, along with a few other small pieces I did. I was just messing around, and sometimes it came up with a nice picture. I've also done painting, with a bit more success, but I'll leave this topic to the real artists!

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: June 22 2003, 06:39

Well, here is Windows to the Forest, a wallpaper done by me while messing around one day with a picture of a rainforest. I really am amazed at how it turned out, and I'm interested to see what you think.

windows_to_the_forest_2.jpg

--------------
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: June 22 2003, 08:31

Nice, raven. Though I wish I could see more of the 'forest' than the white glowing lines. But that's fine. Someone should make this a seamless picture so we can use it as a background for Windows :D.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: June 22 2003, 10:02

Your title is a perfect choise.
I really get the feeling of looking through windows.
Very nice.

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: June 23 2003, 06:37

Thank you for your compliments. Again, I don't know how it came out looking so nice. I would like to see it as a nice tiling picture to use as a background, but I don't think I have any programs which would do that effectively.

--------------
Profile PM 
7 replies since June 21 2003, 17:19 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net