Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: 'failure to come under government guidlines< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Silver Negus Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 16 2008, 11:36

I went to a tribunal recently to represent the fact that I felt entitled to assistance with travel due to my type of breathing illness. And I had my facts and files with me from consultants and suchlike. And I have to say, the lawyer and the doctor at the tribunal were extremely concerned.  Yet, because it was deemed that, I 'did not come under the government guidlines.', they could not deem myself as entitled.  Yet, if I had have had some lesser physical illness I would have been entitled to this assistance.

Does anyone think I should get a petition together?  What do you think about 'government guidlines' It souds almost like some narcissistic title.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: April 16 2008, 15:11

Ah the old "government guidlines" scenario,it`s amazing how many times that particular "kop-out" seems to rise up to the surface.Recently my father-in-law has been unable to work due to crippling arthritis in his hands.Yet because his wife still works part time,and the fact that he`s still undergoing doctor`s assesments etc as to what type of work he maybe can do.He`s entitled to absolutely nothing 18 months down the line from him last been at work.And yet there`s a guy living two doors down from me who gets a daily allowance for being an alcoholic?.You know I don`t want to be-little alcholism too much here,because it`s a very serious problem.But you do have to wonder where the hell is the justice is in these affairs sometimes?

Well imo SN if it is definetly the case that people with lesser problems than yourself are entitled to assistance and you are not.And that you feel strongly enough aggreived to pursue the matter further by whatever means possible.Then I can see no harm at all in maybe starting up some online/written petition regarding the problem.I`m not quite sure just how effective these things can be,so it might be worth your while having a look into that side of it as well.Maybe you could go back and ask both your lawyer/doctor as to what their opinion is on the matter of pursuing it further.And what other avenues(if any) might still be left available to you.Must say you have my sympathies and I can understand your frustration regarding this.All the best in whatever you do decide to do about it. :)
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: April 16 2008, 17:38

Theres nothing like a nice bit of good old bureaucracy... we know all about it in this country, I can assure you. Then again, a few visits to the Russian embassy haven't exactly convinced me that the methods employed in other countries are that much better. Anyway, a petition might be one way to go, but like Dirk, I'm not sure it's the most effective one. Might be better to either find some kind of loophole in their 'guidelines', or to just demand what you (justly, as far as I can tell) feel you are entitled you until you get it. They might even give it to you after some time just so they won't have to deal with you any more. I know, not exactly a great piece of advice but it's really the best I can think of. In any case, I wish you the best of luck with this matter.
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: April 18 2008, 12:38

Im sorry to hear about your father DS. Thanks H.  I went to the English, Hampshire Chronicle, and they are going to do an article, and they'll take some pics on 22 Apr.

They've labelled it as an overall fight for equal rights.
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 18 2008, 13:13

Good stuff Silver Negus! Hope the article has some success. How about local MP involvement as well?

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: April 18 2008, 15:09

Quote (Matt @ April 18 2008, 13:13)
Good stuff Silver Negus! Hope the article has some success. How about local MP involvement as well?

This will be a laugh for you...Actually, I skipped the MP part, and e-mailed Primeminister Gordon Brown's office, on the 10 Downing St website.  I'm not expecting success really, but it is a shame that some illnesses are not recognised because of some natural ignorance.  It was pointed out by the doctor and the lawyer at the tribunal , the illness is rarely heard of.

Which i'm wondering is that really true or not as I've met two other people born also with Vocal Cord Paralysis, . We just don't come in on the government's medical forms, which means we don't get the assistance we need.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: April 20 2008, 10:10

Quote (Silver Negus @ April 16 2008, 15:36)
I went to a tribunal recently to represent the fact that I felt entitled to assistance with travel due to my type of breathing illness. And I had my facts and files with me from consultants and suchlike. And I have to say, the lawyer and the doctor at the tribunal were extremely concerned.  Yet, because it was deemed that, I 'did not come under the government guidlines.', they could not deem myself as entitled.  Yet, if I had have had some lesser physical illness I would have been entitled to this assistance.

Does anyone think I should get a petition together?  What do you think about 'government guidlines' It souds almost like some narcissistic title.

To cut a long story short I did try and claim DLA (lowest rates) for myself recently , but was turned down. I was signed off by my doctor in June last year due to stress and depression, I was stressing out over finding work.  I used to be a carer for my disabled ex husband, before we mutually agreed to separate , as we no longer had what i'd call a marriage.  Since stopping caring my work situation has been erratic, I found employment doing more care work, but this didn't work out and have been unemployed from Dec'06.  
Shortly after being signed off by my doctor I developed a gynaecological problem, prolonged bleeding and pain in my R/H side ( I think most women will have some gynae probs at some stage). I have periods of feeling very weak and tired, doing stuff such as preparing a meal or housework would make me feel worn out.  I thought it might be cysts , Policystic ovary syndrome or endometriosis.
I had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy on Wednesday, and I'm recovering, feel as if I've done a round in a boxing ring.  Apparently I don't have cysts or endometriosis,I'm awaiting another gynae outpatients appointment in 6 weeks to discuss what to do next.
It does annoy me that people with problems that could be regarded as self inflicted can get help, but I along with Silver Negus don't qualify.  I would like to know how the DWP arrive at such decisions, as they can't see how our conditions affect us day to day from what we've written on paper.  I'm wondering how the DWP say that after a year on the sick I need an extra £25or so  pw to live on, but I don't need it now, not that I'm complaining.  I know that I found jobhunting stressful, and I wasn't entitled to extra help to try and find work whilst i was claiming Jobseeker's Allowance, but on the sick I get help to find  work, when I don't feel up to working.  I think my gynae probs add to the  stress and depression.
I did look into doing voluntary work and applied to a couple of voluntary organisations back in Oct/Nov they seemed enthusiastic back then, but I'm awaiting a reply.
I just want to get to the root cause of my probs and get the skills to make myself employable.  I feel so unemployable at the mo.  I can make myself sound impressive on paper, but when and if I get an interview I just make a mess of it.  The only work I seem to be offered is care work, but I want to get away from that. I did apply for a couple of youth worker type vacancies, one I had an interview for, which would have involved working with young people who look after a disabled parent or sibling. I have over eight year experience of care work.
I would maybe like to train to do counselling (I did a 10 week intro to counselling course a few years ago, youth work or social work, alternatively museum work or a tour guide in a stately home, ore if I can incorporate my interest in music into my work.
I think the problem I do have is presenting myself as employable to a future employer, especially as I haven't worked since Dec '06.  I did try for office type work, as I've done admin work/call centre/customer service work before, but  I know that it would bore the pants off of me.  I so much want to get myself straight financially, I nearly took a job in May doing more care work, but thinking about it the conditions were rubbish.  I know F/T  employment would be too much for me right now, but  I  feel I'd be penalised by the benefits system for P/T employment.  I know that I would get stressed out if I had to go back to claiming JSA , and seeking work, (Jobseeking is virtually F/T employment in itself).  and I'd be back at square 1.
I'd like to get myself better healthwise, I have a most wonderful boyfriend in Warwickshire    :)  :D he's been there for me at all my hospital appointments and looking after me post surgery, and he's asked me to move in with him, so I'll be upping sticks for Warwickshire in the not to distant future, I think the best thing to do is look for work up there once I move, and I feel ready to consider working,  :D , as I hate to rely on benefits, and I feel so "unemployable" right now. I know my boyfriend tells me off if I say "I'm u*******able".  
It seems the benefits system penalises those who wish to work and can't through no fault of their own.
I know my Mum was putting me under pressure to find work, saying about temp warehouse work, until christmas last year.  I think she accepts now that I don't feel well enough to hold down employment. I think I sent her a link to an endometriosis forum I often visit and she now accepts that endo/gynae probs can be a horrible thing.  
I wasn't going to post my story in as much detail, but if it helps another woman then something positive can be salvaged from the negative.  
I'd just like to get on with my life and be happy , and be with my wonderful boyfriend.
PCOS info http://www.verity-pcos.org.uk/

http://www.endometriosis.org.uk/
Even if I don't have PCOS or endo I've found much useful info on here.  I know it can take a while for a confirmed diagnosis.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: April 21 2008, 12:04

My goodness MCH! Yes that's a very painful illness you have!  Is that to do with scar tissue?  Endemetriosis?  I had a hell of a time after my ceasarian with my daughter. With similar pain perhaps to you. Also they didn't put my bowel back in right, so it was pushed up against the outer wall. For 2 years I was in a bit of pain, until they discovered the problem, and rectofied it.

I think it's wrong you didn't qualify, MCH, even after the doctor signed you off. Plus the other illness you had.  Were you classed as long term sick though? By rights you should've been.  

I know someone who says she has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and she gets DLA.  She is fine most of the time with it, movement wise, but she does get a few colds now and again.

And if my daughter is diagnosed with ADHD, then she will qualify. I do think the authorities listen more if you have an illness that comes under a specific well known heading too.  But with things like depression and stress, I suppose you wouldn't qualify, unless it was part of a neurological or clinical illness, that comes under the government's guidlines.

Having said that, sometimes people with certain illness don't qualify, if it is considered their partner's financial status enough to cater for the illness.  This happened to a lady with Leukemia.

Although  Endemetriosis seems like it's not classed as a type of disability it should be, because it's so harrowing and you would need really strong painkillers, which in turn would probably have an impact aswell.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: April 21 2008, 19:59

That's terrible Silver Negus that a woman with Leukemia doesn't qualify for help because of her partner's financial status.  As I understand it DLA is payable regardless of a person's financial status. What I'm saying is a multi millionare qualifies provided his or her illness/disability meets these government guidelines.
I know my ex husband, an MS sufferer (we remain  friends) was once  turned down for DLA, for "not being disabled enough", he now gets highest rates for both care and mobility.
I don't know exactly what these guidelines are, but I would have thought logically that an illness or disability would qualify if it has a detrimental quality on a person's life, I think the criteria are perhaps too narrow, and there's many deserving people who don't qualify for DLA.

I know sometimes I do feel a bit guilty for moaning about my lot when there's kids out there with life limiting conditions.

I don't quite know what the DWP definition of long term sick is, what I do know is that I have to go back once a year for a medical by the DWP doctors.  I know when I went in January I found walking 1/2 a mile or so from the railway station to the medical centre knocked the stuffing out of me.
I know that if I ever have to go back onto Jobseekers Allowance, I'll end up getting stressed out over finding work, and be back at square 1.  I know last year I began to get stressed out over finding work, I feel that 8 years caring for my disabled ex  husband  have put me at a disadvantage.  I think that's why I went to the doctor and he signed me off, because I was getting so stressed out and depressed at not finding work. It worries me with having huge gaps in my employment history that I'll find it difficult to return to paid employment.  If I put my gap down to simply being unemployed I feel as if a future employer will think of me as a "lazy a**ed b**ch", but if I say I've been on the sick  then I feel that an prospective employer won't take me on as I'll be taking alot of time off, unless I happen to find a sympathetic one.  

As regards the stress and depression, I know this can vary, I've had good days and days where I've been damn near suicidal.  I feel this could be down to events dating back some 25 years or so, and is now compounded by my physical problem.  I know it was the stress and depression were my reasons for trying to see if I could claim DLA (lowest rates), I did mention that I was waiting for a  gynaecological appointment for an as yet undiagnosed problem.

I know shortly after being signed off my gynae probs came to light.

I don't know for sure what's causing the pain or prolonged bleeding, I know from the laparoscopy no evidence of endometriosis  or cysts were found, but I do know it can often take a while to get a confirmed diagnosis.   Endometriosis is basically fibroids in the womb, it can also affect other areas of the body too. I know I'm due to go back to the hospital for an outpatients appointment to discuss options in about 6 weeks time.  I know the surgeon did mention while I was under anaehtiasia (sp) that he could fit a coil device.  From what I've heard of them they can cause more problems, and I didn't like the idea of having one fitted.  Maybe if the condition  can't be cured there's ways of managing the condidtion, (painkillers , hormones or surgery).  I don't really like the thought of putting hormones into my body unless the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.

I think as regards many gynae problems these are often misunderstood by doctors, the number of times I've been told that the prolonged bleeding is down to being stressed or depressed is amazing, or that the pain is caused by "Mittelshmertz" ovulation pain. Yes but I wouln't get ovulation pain for most days of the month.
I know last year I was also tested for anaemia/ diabetes (my Dad had Type 2 diabetes, so I'm more prone to it)as  I would often find I'm lacking in energy just doing normal daily tasks such as cooking a main meal would often wear me out ( I was turned down for DLA for this, even though that's one of the qualifying conditions, making a sandwich or heating a microwave ready meal doesn't coun't as preparing a cooked main meal) or housework.
I feel with gynae probs thay can often be dismissed as a normal part of a woman's cycle ( just wondering how different things might be if men had periods and not women).
For the moment it's a case of taking fizzy solphadol, ferrous sulphate to prevent anaemia, and tranexamic acid to reduce the heaviness/ prolonged  bleeding, and I've also been prescribed Zopiclone to help me sleep, but I do try and stick with  valerian root as  continual use ofZopiclone can be addictive.

Fortunately for me I've a most supportive and understanding boyfriend, we so much want to be together, can't wait to move up to Warwickshire to be with him  :)  :D . He's been with me for all my hospital appointments, and looking after me post surgery, and he is so understanding, if I don't feel like getting fruity, wish more men were like him .  I'd just like to get to the root cause of this gynae  prob and if it can't be cured, then at least managed .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: April 24 2008, 08:49

You know what MCH, it's nice to hear you have a sense of humour despite what you've suffered  ;)

Hope the docs do their best to find what the gynae problems are. Keep your chin up. :)
Profile PM 
Tayniee Offline

Posted: April 24 2008, 12:57

Hi Moonchildhippy, I have just read your story, I see you've been through a lot and thankfully you will be recovering now, although you can't feel the benefits yet.

I can imagine that living with an MS sufferer and the constant selfless devotion that you gave over the years must have put untold pressures on your own body. I believe that our mind affects our body and it sounds to me that your body had had enough.

Why not pursue the counselling career, I know the NHS are crying out for Cognitive Behavioural Therapists.

Whatever you do it's your time now   :)

--------------
As we all know, endings are just beginnings.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: April 24 2008, 18:58

Thanks Silver Negus and Tayniee  :).

I think maybe as regards job interviews, I can make myself sound quite impressive on paper, but when it comes to the interview I seem to be a bag of nerves, and I think interviewers pick up on this vibe. I was applying mainly for office/customer service  type work, having done this before, but I think I'd get fed up after a while.  I know care work was what I knew rather than what I'd enjoy doing, yes I enjoy the contact with people, but I just felt that was more of the same.  I woulnn't mind being a home help (shopping and cleaning) type of worker for the elderly, or helping them as an advocate.
About the counselling, I did apply to my local Age Concern and also Victim Support to test out the water  back in Oct/Nov to do some voluntary work, but haven't heard back. I did have an interview with Mind re voluntary work last year, but strangely enough I ended up on one of their courses( my interviewer was running the course) as part of the "Healthy Steps to Employment" as run by the Jobcentre in conjunction with the NHS and voluntary organisations.
I did an introduction to counselling course a few years ago and enjoyed  it.  I was accepted onto a year long counselling course last year, but it was run by a charity and cost £795, no fee waiver for  being unemployed).  I did enquire at the Jobcentre but the course was "too long and expensive" . I thought the Jobcentre were there to help people back into work FFS!!! Unless maybe they mean low paid minimum wage type work.  I could if it wasn't for my health take what I call  "no brainer" unskilled type of work , might be OK to help me pay bills, but I see myself getting bored or stressed out and back at square 1 again.

I did go to the Jobcentre in August to have an interview with their employment advisor for people with illnesses or disabilities he was most helpful.  I went back in March for a follow up appointment, and it was a new advisor, and she was trying to push me into P/T work in schools Teaching Assistant type of work, despite telling her I was awaiting for a gynae appointment, and trying to get my health better, and that I intended moving shortly. I saw the Remploy advisor and she agreed with me, what she asked of me we both felt was a bit too much for me at present.  I know that one of the schools  was about 12 miles away and any wages would have been spent on paying rent Council Tax and not to mention the petrol to get there.

Aboyt CBT I found it helpful, having had some myself in '04, and yes I do agree about the shortage of Cognitive Behaviour Therapists within the NHS.  I do feel that talking therapies are  often the best way for people with mental health problems/depression.

The only thing keeping my boyfriend and myself apart apart from geography( we live about 60 miles apart) , is money or lack of it, given how the cost of petrol/diesel has skyrocketed. Going by train would cost me virtually double and take double the time, as it does driving.      

It's unfortunate that soon after getting involved in a sexual , and very loving relationship with my wonderful boyfriend  :)  :D, my gynae probs came to light.   I know that jobseeking was taking it's toll on my health, stressing me out I was thinking "Got to get this job" and if I  didn't prove I'd be seeking work, that my benefits would be cut. AS regards my gynae probs, I wonder if that could be adding to my stress and depression. I just want to get to the root cause of it so that I can get on with my life, as despite the odd day of having my "Black Dog" as Sir Winston Churchill described his depression,  I know that I've so much to look forward to    :)  :D .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: April 30 2008, 12:44

It gets worse and worse.  Ive been asked to leave my job.
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: April 30 2008, 14:08

click on this link if you want to sign the petition, about breathing illness being classed as a disability.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/sm1/

will appreciate anyones input.  :)
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: April 30 2008, 16:15

To SN and MCH, I hope you won't think it maudlin for me to say so but both of you are in my thoughts and prayers for all you've had to go through.

SN, I don't wish to pry, but can you say what reasons you were given when asked to leave your job?  If you wish you do not need to respond openly on this board.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: April 30 2008, 17:51

Signed the petition Silver Negus :) .

This was a letter I got from the Consultant Gynaecologist, along with a follow up appointment letter/date, arrived in post this morning.  It was for  Wednesday next week, but put it back to 21st, as it gives me longer to  read up think of questions, and my wonderful boyfriend will be free then :D , has to do some work on his car, not to mention shell out for tax and MOT, speaking of cars why does everything need doing at once???, I could do with 2 new rear tyres, a new battery, and tax is due end of June and MOT in July, EEK!!!!
Oh sorry I somehow ended up speaking about cars.

Here's the letter

Following my lap and hysterscopy on 26th April, I've got a follow up appointment with the consultant surgeon/ gynaecologist who performed the surgery.

The letter with the appointment letter reads as follows.

Dear Mrs P

Your hysteroscopy operation looking on the inside of the womb today was normal, as was your laparoscopy operation looking on the inside of your abodmen. I could see no identifiable cause for the pelvic pain and bleeding that you have had.

As a consequence I feel youy would be an ideal candidate for the Mirena coil that we discussed before your operation. I enclose the following appointment to discuss this in my clinic.

Yours sincerely

It would appear that many gynaecologists think that having acoil is the answer
, but I don't fancy the idea, I've heard so many horror stories about them. A friend says that coils have come on a long way from when she had one fitted. I understand that the Mirena is different to most coils, but I'm wondering what questions to ask, and should I try and push the consultant to discuss other options, as I don't see that the Mirena coil is the only solution. I do feel a bit of a hypocondriac as they seem to keep finding no identifiable cause for this pain and bleeding, but I know it's there.
My boyfriend said that he would come along with me as moral support, and to help me get my point across, as if I feel under pressure I get stressed and then make a mess of things, as it's three weeks away gives me time to think of any questions I'd like to ask. I don't know if the consultant knows this but I haven't had any kids, (and don't intend starting now at 36) , and I thought that any type of coil was unsuitable for women who haven't had kids.
A reply to my post here has put me off having a coil fitted

http://www.endometriosis.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=36807#36807

That sounds nasty I definitely hate the idea of a freaking c*** .  I've been almost crying today, partly I think as a result of the pain, but I think it could be hormone related too.   I've been Ms Psycho Bitch   :laugh: shouting at  people I didn't want to speak to on the phone, and also to some French lorry driver who forgot that he was driving in England and cut me up on a roundabout when I've the priority. I've also been stressing out over this appointment, what if I'm told the c*** is the only answer, there MUST be alternatives, and will the consultant listen to me, he was fine on morning of the surgery, he did say that he could insert a c*** then, but I wasn't keen on the idea due to the horror stories, but he seems keen to push this c*** idea.  I do sometimes wonder if doctors surgeries and hospitals get extra funding from drug companies, as they don't get enough money from the government.  Perhaps maybe that's why a doctor told me St John's Wort doesn't work for depression once, but she was happy to prescribe Prozac with all it's side effects. SJW does work for me at least, I understand that Germans can get SJW on prescription, pity I can't in England.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 30 2008, 22:16

Moonchildhippy,

Here is some additional information about the device. Good luck!  :/

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: May 05 2008, 18:59

Thanks for the information Inkanta, I'm due to go back to see my consultant/surgeon on 21st May, I've got my wonderful boyfriend travelling down from Warwickshire to spend some time with me that week too  :)  :D .
He's with me on ths coil, he agrees that a c**l is NOT the way for me to go.  I've been trying to compile a list of possible advantages and disadvantages of having a c**l fitted, and so far I've come up with two possible advantages and 35 possible disadvantages.
Just want to get this out of the way and then we can start planning my move  :cool:.

Following the local election results I can see what a mess New Labour have made of the country. The situation is dire that asylum seekers/economic migrants are leaving in their droves, and I can't blame them.  I feel let down by the government, I've worked since leaving school, and spent 8 years looking after my former husband , an MS sufferer, (we mutually agreed to separate but remain friends). Since separation I spent 4 months jobseeking, working in an old folks home and  briefly working for a home care agency.  Since DEc'06 I've been unemployed, until it became too much and my doctor signed me off sick in June last year. I had virtually no help from the Jobcentre to find work, as I failed to meet their criteria, or a counselling course I wished to do (I'm thinking of retraining to become a counsellor) was "Too expensive".  
On top of my undiagnosed gynae prob, I was getting depressed and also stressed out over jobhunting.  It makes me mad as an an Englishwoman, I feel angry I've saved the government £ thousands caring for my ex husband, yes I know you do it for love, but love alone doesn't provide financial security in my old age, and what if your caring role stops whilst of working age,  with a big gap in employment it's going to be hard to get an employer to take you on, apart from doing more care work , which didn't work out for me.

I read about energy companies making obscene profits, but gas and elecricity prices continue rise. I wonder why it's more expensive to pay for fuel with a pre-payment meter than it is by direct debit. The main reason people are on pre payment meters is because they are struggling to pay thier bills in the first place.

I think that The Blair/Brown government seems the most corrupt out of any in recent history, yet they go on about the Major government, That is really saying something, I've been brought up as a traditional Labour Party voter, but Keir Hardie must be turning in his grave to see what HIS party has become. I would say the Thatcher government destroyed British manufacturing, but New Labour don't seem to reverse this decline. How can the taxpayer be expected to pay £4,000 of John Prescotts food bill, I thought that's what he got his substanstial pay packet for.

I know the government could reduce the cost of petrol/diesel, and also gas /electricity, but they just seem to make the lowest paid, (abolition of the 10p tax bracket) and those forced to rely on benefits pay the price. Britain is no longer great, even economic migrants/ asylum seekers, are leaving the UK in droves.

I can see why people seem to be turning bak to the Conservatives, as maybe people think they're the only ones able to defeat the New Labour Gravy Train, but there must be an alternative. I can see why people are turning to the BNP,as their recent broadcast seemed to say they're the only party to stick up for the British Citizen, I guess only time will tell, what the BNP do stand for, as they have gained a total of  100 local councillors.

I love England , as it's a beautiful country, I also like the wide cultural diversity, but I think it's this PC government who are intent on destroying the rights of the British citizen, especially those worst off.   Now performance related pay for MP's what a great idea, most of them would not end up with a penny.

Sorry for the rant, but that's how I feel right now.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: May 22 2008, 18:52

I went back to the hospital for follow up appointment with the surgeon/gynaecologist, as he was on about the Mirena coil reducing the pain and bleeding.  Apparently he reckons it's a hormone imbalance causing my symptoms.

I did say before that I wasn't keen on the idea of the Mirena, i was pleasantly surprised to find it much smaller (about an inch) than I thought it was, I did think it was about 3 inches long, but however I've been put off by some of the horror stories I've read, see here  (or don't if you want one fitted) www.community.homeandhealthtv.co.uk/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/596101191/m/146106762

As so I understand it the Mirena is different to the old IUD copper coils as it reduces bleeding and pain.  The consultant did reckon that I've a hormone imbalance, I know today my mood has varied  so much, I seemed to feel on the verge of bursting into tears earlier for no apparent reason, but I was also thinking happy/rude thoughts about mt boyfriend later on in the day :D.  Then there's this feeling of fatigue and clumsiness, I accidentally ended up putting most of my dinner on the carpet, as I was carrying it on a plate.  I know my boyfriend asked if I was pre menstrual, but this was when I should've been approaching ovulation.

My body is all over the place , more so than the time signature changes within Tubular Bells   :O .   I really was undecided about this coil as fitting it can be an horrendous experience  , as can some of the reported side effects, DR didn't do anything re the Mirena , as I'm undecided, but from what I've seen it makes things worse . The other alternative is to carry on with my fizzy Solphadol, tranexamic acid, consultant did say about mefanamic acid, another painkiller, but I haven't been offered the latter.  I don't see how painkillers or tranexamic acid (used to reduce bleeding) will affect my hormones , as i get this hormone imbalance throughout the cycle.
I'd just like to get  to the bottom of this, and at least manage or control my symptoms, as I want to get on with my life, and my move to Warwickshire.  
I did say to my Mum what it is , and she seems to think I can then go out and find full time work,  (I hate existing on benefits) , I know when I was jobseeking I got so stressed out with the worry about finding work, and have I done enough and would they stop my money if I decided not to apply for a job, and it appears that employers prefer to take on migrant workers
see here            www.http://www.itv.com/News....lt.html

I don't blame migrant workers, but i do wonder who is exploiting who, is it them exploiting the labour market, or is it greedy employers exploiting the migrant workers as  a source of cheaper labour???.
I think it's most important for me to try and get my health/fitness better before I plunge into employment, I know that if I go back to full time jobseeking or employment atm, I'll eventually  find myself back at square 1, stressed out , and back to being unemployed again,  that was  the reason for my boyfriend advising me to get signed off sick , rather than me stressing out over seeking work, as I wasa severly stressed out by it, this was before my gynae prob/hormone imbalance came to light.

As regards my probs I'm not much further forward, I don't want this coil , unless I have a crystal ball and can see benefits in advance , but I doubt it from what I've read, didn't say about pills as alternatives.  I wonder if there's any herbal products that might help.
I did read that these Mirena coils, cost the NHS about £90, they release hormones over 5 years, whilst the consultant was singing the benefits of them he did say it was my choice.  I wonder if it's a case of that being cheaper long term  than pill based options,  since the NHS is all about funding these days.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: June 09 2008, 05:37

I feel as if  doctors (GP's) are putting me under pressure to have this Mirena coil fitted.  I did go and see a doctor just under two weeks ago, not my own GP , but another one at the practice , and I think she seemed to dismiss what I've heard about horror stories , and how some doctors have refused to take the Mirena out at a patient's request.
I know there's other reasons why I feel anxious about this coil, I sent an e-mail to the consultant explaining my fers, as I'm due to go back to the hospital on 2nd July,  for a Mirena fitting, but this appointment will go ahead, but not for it's intended purpose.  The consultant has dictated a letter in reply to my e-mail, and he'd be happy to discuss my fears at this appointment, and he did say that whether I hav this coil or not it's my choice.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
19 replies since April 16 2008, 11:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net