Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Exposed Concert on TV!, I wasn't dreaming< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Jeremy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 05 2005, 04:42

In the early 80's I was invited over to  a friends place to watch a Mike Oldfield concert on TV (we didn't have a tv of our own then so this was a pretty fantastic event for me).The concert was inside, so definitley not Knebworth, and was just TB1 and I can only think it must be from the Exposed tour, with Pierre on drums etc.
If this concert exsisted on tape in New Zealand (probably 2" Quad) surely  it must be around in the UK or Europe in some shape or form.

I apologise now if there is a really simple answer to this, but you have to remember in New Zealand we got next to nothing in the way of MO "extras", especially in the 80's.

I'm in your hands fellow Tubulites.

--------------
How can they NOT like my music!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 05 2005, 15:07

I'd say that was probably the Wembley Conference Centre performance, which the BBC recorded. If I remember right, one night was recorded for radio, the other for TV. They've broadcast the radio recording fairly recently, on BBC Radio 6. I don't know about the TV broadcast though. I think some private individuals have copies, but where the master might have got to is anyone's guess.
Profile PM 
Jeremy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 07 2005, 06:34

Thanks Korgscrew, sounds like I need to do some inquiries to BBC archives, I have a few contacts there, and while I'm at it I'll see if TV New Zealand have kept there master (hopefully transfered to digi beta!!;)

As per usual, I'm sure copyright issues will be the main hurdle.....

onward and upward.

--------------
How can they NOT like my music!
Profile PM 
2 replies since June 05 2005, 04:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net