Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Explanation of "wrong note" in TB.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
BK Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 03 2001, 14:40

I have read on the internet, a list of quotes and mistakes etc. on Mike Oldfield's albums. One of the mistakes mentioned refers to the Double Speed Guitar entry of "The Bell" theme on TB1, part 1.
It sounds at first that Mike plays F# instead of G#, but on listening to this part several times, I think that he plays it as a slide, from the F# up to the G#, but the G# doesn't sound as well as the F#. (G# is very quiet on the recording).
Anyone else think the same / understand what I'm on about ?!!
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 03 2001, 18:28

Are you a guitarist, BK? If you are, you sure know what a hammer-on is. wink If you aren't... well,a hammer-on is when you play a note by plucking the string and then you play another note by tapping with a finger of your left hand on an higher key, without plucking the string again. A hammer-on, rather than a slide, is most probably what Mike did there. It's not a mistake at all, it's a normal (acoustic) guitar playing style wink It's just that Mike probably expected the G sharp to sound louder on the final mix, but unfortunately it didn't. smile smile

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
1 replies since Sep. 03 2001, 14:40 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net