Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Exact translation ., Please ? I need the exact translation ?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Philippe Tavares Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 21 2009, 17:04

;) Sorry to create a topic for this but i need an exact translation .

In English , can i say " I want to fly to you ! " . Is this a right sentence ? I mean :  from the earth to the space like if i were a flying bird

This is for my next project and if i can say like that , this would be really very good for me ... because in fact most of my work is already done and i need the sentence be like that .

Thanks to help me  !  ;)
Profile PM 
ommaGeddon Offline

Posted: Nov. 21 2009, 17:20

Yes, you can say that. It makes sense in English.  :)
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2009, 02:26

Works for me as a USA, very pompous multi-college-level english classes taken person. "I want to fly to you." Would be the same as "I want to come to you quickly". Your use of the word "fly" implies you want speed. To get to someone or something in little time. Your use of the word "want" could imply a romantic need. Say as in, traversing physical space to see a girl. It depends on the situation and/or need of your personal situation. But as-is, "I want to fly to you" simply means....."I wan't to get to you quickly".

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2009, 11:46

:D Ok ! ommaGeddon said yes and if i understand well Scatterplot you are saying no ! So , who is right ?

Ok so i have to reveal what i really need to mean by " I want to fly to you !

This is about me and space ( not a girl ) and i just want to say " i want to go to a precise place into space by flying ( like ...sorry for that but maybe ... Superman or something like that ?!!? ... Sorry can't really explain .. it's an imagery !  :D
Profile PM 
ommaGeddon Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2009, 12:39

Hey Tubular Tos... I think you'll find Scatterplot was saying Yes as well. I said it makes sense in England and he said it works for him too in the US.  :)
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 22 2009, 12:52

Makes perfect sense, Tubular Tos! We say that in Second Life, where our avatars fly!

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2009, 14:37

:) Ok guys !Thanks a lot ! So , maybe i'm not so wrong when i try to speak English ... even if writing on forums with google translation for helping you and speaking really with people are two different things
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2009, 19:10

Hi Tubular Tos, it sounds just fine! Your English is good. Good luck with the project, Deb
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Nov. 23 2009, 03:49

:D Merci beaucoup Deb ! Je pense que tu as eu un petit probléme avec ta souris quand tu as cliqué dessus !  :D  

Thanks a lot Deb ! I think you've had a little problem with your mouse when you clicked on it !

.... for my next project ?  i just hope all you will like it ! a 48 minutes non-stop music inspired by Mike . But not finished yet !
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2009, 00:35

Merci beaucoup Tubular Tos! Le stuff up avec mobile telephone! Multiples lol! Admins must groan when I post! Deb
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2009, 00:46

Yeah, your gonna say mercy when you run into a bee coop. My dad had some industrial-type bee hives in the 70's.....nuff said.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2009, 00:28

Was that a sting in the tail Jim? Things are getting tres prickly around here aarrgh! Deb
Profile PM 
11 replies since Nov. 21 2009, 17:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net