Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: essential mike oldfield video< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
liron Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 01 1999, 12:04

Hey there lads, lassies
I know it's not the first time ever that anybody asks this question - but people, help a desperate man: where on earth can i find a copy of the infamos "essential" video shot at knebworth festival???
i myself have a cut down copy (recorded from an '82 TV show), which isn't that good.
and if YOU have it, well... gimme gimme gimme!!!
thanx and all
liron
Profile PM 
CarstenKuss Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Dec. 01 1999, 16:04

Yes, I know what you mean. It's a good video. Especially when they go into TB B-Side, and Mike points up his thumb twice to tell the keyboarder "one note higher!". I hired it from the town's (Bonn/Germany) public library and was fascinated. But some weeks later, it was gone. Never heard anything of it again. Sorry I can't (yet) help you!
Carsten

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Dec. 11 1999, 12:17

Try http://ommadawn.dk
There you can post ad's. I did it myself,
and I got the essential from a guy.

It is still unknown to me why the guy
on the flute (on the video) made mistakes
and that Adrian Belew took him away.
Did the guy that on purpose?

Blue Dolphin

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
liron Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 1999, 05:24

hey there dolphin smile
thanx for the reply, i hope i'll get the video tape soon. anyway, it's not adrian belew who plays the guitar on "essential", it's nico ramsden, who also played the "exposed" tour and album.
the flutist doesnt make the mistakes by accident, it's on purpose: british humor at its best... smile
well see ya.
liron.
Profile PM 
Gerhard Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 1999, 12:59

Hi Liron,

i had it. try to order the video at WOM (World of Music, Kaiser-Joseph-Strasse, D-79098 Freiburg).
Or send me your address

P.S.: the drummers solo at the end is fantastic!

Greetings
Gerhard
Profile PM 
liron Offline

Posted: Dec. 15 1999, 06:24

without doubt gerhard - without doubt... the drummer's part is amazing! what amazed me the most on the first time i've seen it, was that he only has the simplest drumm set, and the things that he does with it are incredible.
anyway, where is that WOM located?
can i find them on the internet?
aside of that (if you can) contact my email smile
it's - lironcho@usa.com
thanx again lad!
liron
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 23 1999, 02:56

To Liron, I have also this tape and i don't agree with you. I don't believe the mistake of the flutist was a joke, it's just an horrible mistake , although i am french maybe i can not understand this kind of humour ;o)
liron Offline

Posted: Dec. 30 1999, 03:22

yes you probably don't understand the humor...
well i'll just say that mike oldfield would never let anything les than PERFECT go out to the public and be selled (unless you count MB...). and he would do the same with this section had he thought it was a "horrible mistake".
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 12 2000, 08:49

NGC666, liron is right it was purpose, i´m sure and it´s an english joke. The one and only mistake in this marvellous tape it´s one that begin one instrument early and Mike then do a signal to it and begin again.
msrmohr Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2000, 12:58

To Gerhard,
By any chance you wouldn't be the Gerhard who works with Dave Sim would you? (Sorry for the non-Mike topic here)
Profile PM 
Rod Offline

Posted: June 28 2000, 21:19

Of course it was all on purpose... but what mistake? I didn't notice a mistake. Maybe because I saw the video too fast. I just saw how when they all finish playing, the guy with the flute starts making his ridiculous wannabe flute solo (it doesn't quite come out that great maybe that's what you refer to as "mistake") so Mike and the guitarist look at him as in "what in the world are you doing, the song is over" and that's why the guitarist takes him away. It's all a big joke that's more than obvious.

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 06-28-2000).]
Profile PM 
Vinz Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2000, 10:57

Can anybody say me who were the members of the band ?
I can identify Pierre and Benoit Moerlen, Mike ( wink of course), Maggie Reilly ( The singer on the left) but that's all..
I saw above that Adrian Belew was part of the band, is that true ? Who was the now famous flutist ? Who were the bassist, the guitarist, the third drummer, the pianist, the other female singer on the right(Wendy Roberts ?) ?
I can't sleep anymore... Please help me !!

--------------
Rejoignez la Tubular Mailing List francophone !
http://www.tubular.free.fr/tubular.php
Profile PM WEB 
GRAHAM MANSON Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2001, 16:47

Ok, I'll be a clever dick and give you the band line up for Knebworth on The Essential video. M.O. on guitar and percussion, Nico Ramsden on Guitar, Hansford Rowe on bass,Pete Lemer on keyboards, Tim Cross on keyboards, Pete Acock on sax, flute and blooter (Scottish for mistake),Wendy Roberts and Maggie Reilly on vocals and Pierre Moerlin, Benoit Moerlin and Mike Fry on percussion. This was the same line up which performed the 1980 tour which kicked off with a tour of British colleges. How they ever got all that gear on the stage at Level 9 in Strathclyde Uni., I'll never know. Cheerio noo, Graham.
Profile PM WEB 
Vinz Offline

Posted: Mar. 12 2001, 03:04

Thanks, now I can go to bed wink

--------------
Rejoignez la Tubular Mailing List francophone !
http://www.tubular.free.fr/tubular.php
Profile PM WEB 
13 replies since Dec. 01 1999, 12:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net