Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Enlightenment< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
First_Excursion Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 04 2013, 23:44

I recorded this 10 years ago on a basic 4 track recorder. Guitars and bass direct injected. Nobody I knew really liked it. Maybe someone here will understand it. :D

Enlightenment

Pt1 - Overland
Pt2 - Oulnina
Pt3 - Illuminator

I'll record it again on some better equipment with more instruments one of these days.
Profile PM 
Priabonia Offline

Posted: Sep. 10 2013, 06:30

I like it! Yes, the Oldfield influence is pretty clear, but it stands alone too. Some very good and distinctive guitar playing there.

Do you still have the original multitracks? Are they digitisable? Would be great fun to put this on a DAW and add some other stuff to it. Let me know if you are interested.

--------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/PriaboniaMusic

www.soundcloud.com/just-before-dawn
Profile PM 
First_Excursion Offline

Posted: Sep. 10 2013, 20:58

Thankyou! I have listened to your soundcloud and am very impressed; I am excited about the idea of collaboration with a like minded other, and especially to see where you'd take this.

Unfortunately I no longer have the original tracks but I do intend to re-record it in digital format with better clarity.  It may be a few months before I can do that but I'll certainly see if your still interested when I do.

Listening to your own tracks I sensed some influence of some of my favorites. Mike Oldfield of course, Rick Wakeman, Tangerine Dream and others. Forgive me if I'm mistaken, I certainly don't mean that to take anything from your refreshing originality.

Good to hear from you.
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: Sep. 11 2013, 10:50

~ Message deleted at the request of the author ~
Priabonia Offline

Posted: Sep. 11 2013, 13:09

Funnily enough I was thinking about this today (which of itself tells you how much I enjoyed the tracks, as a lot of stuff here is instantly forgettable). I wouldn't do much - some percussion here, a few pads there, maybe thin out the arrangement a little in parts. Anyway, definitely get on with that re-recording! (I've sent you a PM with my email address)

Thanks for the compliments on my soundcloud stuff (the Priabonia or Just Before Dawn?)...strangely neither Rick Wakeman or Tangerine Dream are big influences, never really listened to either, but they have probably influenced my influencers!! Just to show how much Mike's work meant to me, I got into minimalism (Glass, Reich etc.) as I read somewhere that that was what Tubular Bells was...and even more tangentially I bought a Steve Hillage album just because he was on the same label...which lead to Gong then later to Ozric Tentacles etc.

Look forward to hearing from you

--------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/PriaboniaMusic

www.soundcloud.com/just-before-dawn
Profile PM 
First_Excursion Offline

Posted: Sep. 15 2013, 04:41

That's interesting. My story is simliar, I was obsessed with Mike Oldfield too, and gravitated towards others who were known for long instrumental sections.

It was Just Before Dawn I listened to, but now that you made the distinction I will find your other Soundcloud too.

I am getting on with that re-recording. Starting with remembering how I played it all. :)
Profile PM 
5 replies since Sep. 04 2013, 23:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net