Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Enigma Seven Lives Many faces, New album :)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Sep. 17 2008, 19:25

Finally the waiting is over. The new album "Seven Lives Many Faces" is just around the corner.
You can allready listen and watch the two new videos.

La Puerta Del Cielo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghHl9whXlX4

Seven Lives
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tweHDLhLdA8

There is also possible to listen the whole album on MTV

http://www.enigmamusic.com/news/news.html

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
bugular tell Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 12 2008, 05:02

just listening to this album now, its different but also still very Enigma, i like it alot!

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 13 2008, 13:08

Grrr why do they keep singing? I like the style of the first album (or perhaps the first track of the first album) with the voice over.
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Oct. 13 2008, 13:47

Might try it later .. Still recovering from 1st exposure to gregorian chant music of "lesiem"   guess this is along the same lines will "Black Book" it :).. :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: Oct. 13 2008, 14:48

Have you ever heard of the phrase(flogging a dead horse).

Enigma should have given up the ghost after their first album,
We then would have been left  to wonder what ever had become of them, him, her or it, and thus they would have remained an Enigma.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 13 2008, 17:28

Quote (The Big BellEnd @ Oct. 13 2008, 20:48)
Have you ever heard of the phrase(flogging a dead horse).

IMHO Enigma would have flogged a dead horse if he [yes, because it's a he - namely, Michael Cretu] kept using Gregorian chants on every single album he did just because they worked on the first album. But luckily he didn't, and on the following albums he used all sorts of stuff. (He also did on this latest one, of course.) And he didn't remain an Enigma because he was forced not to - after he illegally sampled Gregorian chants from a copyrighted recording by German monks, the German monks dragged him into a courtroom and he was forced to reveal himself.

I don't think that Enigma's new album is a masterpiece. I don't think it's excellent. None of his albums are. But they're different. He makes different music from everyone else. That's why I love his music. :)

@ Olivier: Michael Cretu is a singer, the people who work with him are professional singers. Are they supposed not to sing? :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Oct. 13 2008, 18:20

I agree with Olivier here I prefer Enigma when they`re/he`s not singing,or when the vocals are kind of divided between Indian/Gregorian vocal samples etc.I don`t think their songs stand up that well on their own quite frankly,or at least they`re not as interesting as there other stuff anyway.I really liked their track The Eyes Of Truth from their second album which used a sample from an album by Jaz Coleman and Anne Dudley.

@Ugo You mention all those German monks dragging Michael Cretu into the courts there (which is quite an amusing image in itself I guess)..But how much credit/royalties did Vangelis get from that first album I`m wondering?His Aphrodite`s Child album 666 was all over that thing I seem to remember.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2008, 15:39

@ Dirk: I guess Cretu paid Vangelis for the samples he used from 666. At least I think I remember having read it somewhere. :) About the monks dragging Cretu into the courtroom, well, it may be amusing (especially the way I told it) but it's what actually happened, as Cretu was sued by the whole group of monks who recorded the Gregorian chant album he sampled - they were a group of monks from a convent in Munich, called Kapella Antiqua, and the suing came directly from them. ;)

I agree that Enigma's songs are inferior to his other pieces. But IMHO he has a nice voice, and the guys (and girls) who sing for him also have.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
7 replies since Sep. 17 2008, 19:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net