Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Elements DVD is here!!!!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Nov. 24 2004, 13:13

Quote (a_r_schulz @ Nov. 24 2004, 11:25)
42 min for the 'Islands' part of the Wind Chimes sounds OK.

have you seen wind chimes video? maybe a stupid question  :/
Im only wonder if it will contain all the island songs? You know; "Wind chimes part one and two", "island", "flying starts", "north point", "magic touch" and "the time has come"..

For me it makes sense.. these songs together take 41 min and 28 sek. (on the album of course)

im a huge fan of island album. And the wind chimes video its noooot in norway. But for now, it will  :D

I know its a computervideos with anita hegerland, but everything from mike is okey.
I cant wait  :p

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 24 2004, 15:46

Quote (TUBULARMAN @ Nov. 24 2004, 19:13)
Im only wonder if it will contain all the island songs? You know; "Wind chimes part one and two", "island", "flying starts", "north point", "magic touch" and "the time has come"..

Yes, all of them. ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2004, 15:54

Just placed my advance order with Amazon. If their information is correct, there's a total playing time of nearly 3 hours.....
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2004, 16:08

Let's clear some things up.

The Space Movie is originally 78 minutes long, and it includes Mike's music, excerpts from Tubular Bells, The Orchestral Tubular Bells, The Orchestral Hergest Ridge, Ommadawn, Incantations and Portsmouth. My MPEG version of the movie is divided into four parts - I don't know why the cuts are where they are, but the first part is almost exactly 17 minutes long. (It ends in the middle of the launch of a spaceship.) Unfortunately I've just noticed that my 2nd CD is crashed so I can't examine at the moment if the 3rd or the 4th parts are also that long. But e.g. from this page I know that the unreleased section of Incantations Part Four is in the 4th section of the movie.

For the above facts it's strange that Virgin Megastores lists The Space Movie track as "The Space Movie (Incantations - Part 1) - 17 minutes". It's true that the music of the 4th section is almost only from Incantations but it's not "Part 1" in any means. If it means the mentioned 1st section of the movie then why is Incantations indicated? That section only includes the first 2 minutes or so of Incantations Part One at the beginning. But I suspect that it's really the first section of the movie and then it won't include the unreleased bit. :/

About The Wind Chimes: yes, it contains all the tracks from the Islands album - except for the bonus track When the Night's on Fire. The full list is the following:

The Wind Chimes (parts 1+2) / North Point / Islands / The Time Has Come / Flying Start / Magic Touch / Five Miles Out / Moonlight Shadow / Shine / Shadow On The Wall / Pictures In The Dark

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
familyjules Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2004, 04:43

Quote (EeToN @ Nov. 24 2004, 16:08)
But I suspect that it's really the first section of the movie and then it won't include the unreleased bit. :/

I fear you may be right...but I hope you're not!  Does the music from that 4th section with the unreleased bit of Incantations appear on any fan compilations at all?

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2004, 05:15

Quote (TUBULARMAN @ Nov. 24 2004, 19:13)
have you seen wind chimes video? maybe a stupid question  :/

Yes, whenever I've been in the mood to and brave enough to feed that precious old tape into my VCR...
(BTW, like as for the Essential, Elements and Space Movie tapes, which I had the luck to pick up at ebay.de for reasonable money , i.e. around 10..20 Euro, during the last few years..  :p )
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2004, 21:15

Quote (EeToN @ Nov. 24 2004, 16:08)
About The Wind Chimes: yes, it contains all the tracks from the Islands album - except for the bonus track When the Night's on Fire. The full list is the following:

The Wind Chimes (parts 1+2) / North Point / Islands / The Time Has Come / Flying Start / Magic Touch / Five Miles Out / Moonlight Shadow / Shine / Shadow On The Wall / Pictures In The Dark

hie  :)

im not sure about what you meen. maybe my english is bad. But about wind chimes elements...

you writing that the wind chimes video contains all the tracks.
well...  

Five Miles Out / Moonlight Shadow / Shine / Shadow On The Wall / Pictures In The Dark videos will not include the elements from wind chimes?

But on the tracklist?

:/

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2004, 21:17

1. Tubular Bells (Part 1) - 2nd House (BBC TV) 26 minute performance from 1976 with Mick Taylor, Steve Hillage & Co.
2. Don Alfonso
3. In Dolci Jubilo
4. Portsmouth
5. William Tell Overture
6. Guilty
7. Blue Peter
8. Wonderful Land
9. Five Miles Out
10. Moonlight Shadow
11. Shadow On The Wall
12. Crimes Of Passion
13. Trick Of The Light
14. To France
15. Etude
16. Pictures In The Dark
17. Shine
18. Innocent (Non Animated Version)
19. Earth Moving
20. Heavens Open

Extras:

21. The Space Movie (Incantations - Part 1) - 17 minutes
22. The wind Chimes - Islands LP Video - 42
23. Original 'Elements' EPK Interview

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Nov. 26 2004, 08:17

Quote (TUBULARMAN @ Nov. 26 2004, 03:15)
im not sure about what you meen.

I'm also not sure what you mean. :)

I wrote down the full tracklist of The Wind Chimes video CD that released in 1988 - it includes all the tracks from Islands and there are some bonus clips. These bonus videos will also be released on Elements DVD, not together with The Wind Chimes video but in the 'basic' tracklist.

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Nov. 26 2004, 11:54

Quote (EeToN @ Nov. 26 2004, 08:17)
These bonus videos will also be released on Elements DVD, not together with The Wind Chimes video but in the 'basic' tracklist.

;)  now i understand ha ha

sorry me  :)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
x-donna Offline

Posted: Nov. 26 2004, 17:09

Well I had a email from sendit.com and they say my DVD has shipped !!!!!!!
Sadly the local post isn't very fast and one of the area sorting offices has had a strike so heavens only knows when I will get it.
D.

--------------
www.dxfc.co.uk
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Nov. 26 2004, 19:11

We expect you to type a live review of it as you view it for the first time :)

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
x-donna Offline

Posted: Nov. 29 2004, 09:59

:D  Mine arrived this afternoon I am just off to watch it
D.

--------------
www.dxfc.co.uk
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Nov. 29 2004, 10:08

Mine arrived in the shop this morning -> http://tubular.net/forums/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=33;t=4006;
Maybe it's time to move to the 'Elements' category, if we don't get an extra category for the DVD?
Profile PM WEB 
Promoguy Offline

Posted: Nov. 29 2004, 11:13

Had a quick flip through it this morning... it's a well-produced DVD and it's wonderful finally to have high-quality copies of those old 70s promo videos that previously existed only as near-unwatchable multi-gen dubs swapped among the fanbase!

My only real criticism is that it would have been nice if Virgin had included rarities like the "All You Need Is Love" segment on Mike (recorded round about the time of Ommadawn) and the Blue Peter feature in which Simon Groom visited Mike to watch the recording of the Blue Peter theme... but I wonder if whoever produced the DVD for Virgin even knew they existed?
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: Nov. 29 2004, 13:23

i found out about that dvd today so i was visiting in local store here and there it was for 23.95€
Shame that there wasnt that animated Innocent and Space Movie isnt full version and Elements missing Sentinel and Tattoo music videos.
But it was nice to get dvd quality versions from all those music videos which i had as crappy vhs copy.
Now im waiting dvd collection from 1992-2004 stuff and The Essential,Exposed,Live in Nottingham dvd versions...maybe they will be exist one day...

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: Nov. 30 2004, 06:31

Quote (Hifiguru @ Nov. 29 2004, 13:23)
Elements missing Sentinel and Tattoo music videos.

That'll be because they were done for a different record company.

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 30 2004, 08:40

Me crossing my fingers to see a brazilian version of Elements DVD soon.I've just written to Virgin/EMI Brazil about it,no reply yet.

I do hope to see the Warner years videos one day compliled on DVD,full of extras like interviews,live videos,all the footage from Voyager - they did a lot of filming during the photo sessions,some of it I saw on TV ads,and also on the video of Women of Ireland and Mont St Michel(saw this one on a spanish TV special full of Mike's videos) and much more...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 30 2004, 08:47

You can always discuss it in the related news topic.
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2004, 13:12

Looks like it is going to be a while before I can get this one. Amazon.com does not carry it, Suncoast will not offer it, and no one is selling it on eBay. It is distribution blunders like this that encourage piracy.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
40 replies since Nov. 22 2004, 09:03 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net