Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Eddy likes it., So do I.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Scatterplot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 27 2008, 10:31

I finally found some MO that Eddy likes, my avatar and buddy. Tubular Bells 1. After 16-17 min. when the bass guitar started cranking, he suddenly looked at the speakers and wanted to play. I got down on the floor and he brought me all his toys. Then every time the "MC" spoke, Eddy would stop for a moment and look at the speakers. We played on till the whole thing was over. I've got two puncture wounds in my hand.....s'cool.
    I put TB1 away for a number of years, it just got "lost" with so many newer recordings leaving it in the dust. But it has charm that a lot of other MO albums do not have. 1973 was a great year for music. Piles and Piles of now classic albums all from 1973. It was so cool for a 12yo kid-me, to have something so cool from a guy only 7 years older. TB2003 lacks that "charm". Mainly because it was not an engineering feat for a 19yo kid. I wish he had spent 2003 working on new material. The charm in the original is the flaws. Any artist will tell you that beauty has to have flaws. Glad I played it again. So's Eddy. Now I gotta cue up Discovery. That should get Eddy wriled up......

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 27 2008, 21:47

Bless Eddy, he looks so cute, do you have any bigger pics of him??  He also has great taste in music too :).

I have to agree with you about Tubular Bells, love it, TB 2003 is OK but I do feel it lacks something, but what I can't quite work out   :/, it just doesn't move me the same as the original.  I think the 2003 version is a bit to clinical and sterile if that's the right word, I love the orig TB warts and all.  I knew Mike had released  TB in 1973, as it was everywhere in the 70's, and I think I herd TB in it's entirity c 1992, but at the time I didn't  know Mike was just 19 when he recorded it all, I thought he was a bit older about 25/6, back then.   I think maybe I saw Incantations in the shops, and he looked older than his years on that, but despite the cover it's a great album   :) , maybe the moral is you shouldn't judge an album by its sleeve.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
1 replies since Mar. 27 2008, 10:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net