Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: E-bow plug in< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 178 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 08 2010, 18:31

Hi

Does anyone know of any soft synth that can emulate the sound of e-bow (often used by Bill Nelson)

thanks
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2010, 07:31

;) Good luck !

http://logosfoundation.org/kursus/4047.html

http://www.sonelec-musique.com/electronique_realisations_ebow.html
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Oct. 09 2010, 12:06

The easiest way is to buy an E-bow - they aren't especially expensive and you'll be able to be much more articulate than with any plug-in. Plus you can try it on non-guitar instruments.

But if that's completely not an option then you might try:
SonicCouture eBow Guitar
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2010, 14:34

Thanks guys..

the problems is I can't play guitar only keyboards hence the search for a vst for e-bow.
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2010, 15:20

:/ As ebow is not a real instrument ( it only modifies the sound of the strings )i think to recreate its sound will be very hard , maybe with a lot of effects on a virtual guitar .
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2010, 19:54

The ebow tone can be simulated on a keyboard with a synthesized electric (distorted) guitar tone, or with a "Sine Wave" tone, playing very quietly and pushing the "Modulation" lever or knob (if you have it on your synth) all the way up. You should include lots of portamento: if your synth has got a portamento controller, you should also push it (or set it) way up. Also, you have a volume pedal, that would be helpful: you should also try pressing it at every note, instead of having it always fully pressed.

By the way, on my Roland VA-7 keyboard I have a preset tone called "Heaven Key", which sounds exactly like the "Ebow Angelic" tone from the ones on the site linked by Mat above. And I have another, called "Shakutachi", which sounds exactly like "Acoustic Shaku". A variation of this, "Synth Shaku", always on my VA-7, sounds exactly like the Enigma pipe in Michael Cretu's first four albums as Enigma.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Oct. 10 2010, 08:07

;) http://rekkerd.org/fretted-synth/

Free Amp free 3.6 has two nice presets called Post Envelope and In/Out envelope , both are made with a delay ; this sounds pretty  like an ebow  effect !

You can use Free Amp with a guitar plugged on your pc in real time but it also works with synthes ( virtual guits )
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Oct. 17 2010, 17:37

Hi

Just by shear chance I downloaded SampleTank Free yesterday then bought the ExpansionTank Guitar collection which has an e-bow effect on it!

I'm a happy chappy! Thanks
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Oct. 17 2010, 18:09

:D Hey !!! Just downloaded it yesterday too ! .... but not bought this effect !

... i already had the old one in my vstis folder .
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2010, 14:54

Hi Guys

I have now put my e-bow preset to good use on my new track 'Invisible Colours' see link below:

Invisible Colours

If you just want to hear the e-bow then it comes in about a minute before the end of the track.

Cheers
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2010, 06:19

:) and what about sharing the preset ?
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2010, 16:05

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Oct. 22 2010, 11:19)
:) and what about sharing the preset ?

Yeah sorry Tubular Tos... I can't give you the preset as it came part of a bank of guitar presets for Sampletank Free via esoundz.com. But this cost only £11 for the presets as there are 75% off at present see:

sampletank at esoundz

there's a few other banks they have on offer as well...

cheers
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Oct. 23 2010, 08:21

:O  :/  If you are talking about the preset ebow vibrato , well it is from the free presets bank so why have you paid it ? You just need to be registered and it's free !  ;)
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Oct. 23 2010, 11:17

Ok. Enlighten me as I didn't realise it was on the free presets unless I'm a complete twat! Don't answer that!

What sampletank version r u referring to?
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Oct. 23 2010, 11:41

:/ Well well ! in fact i can't open them ! i've downloaded them and installed them in the right folder but it seems SP can't see these presets . Maybe because i don't get the complete guitar library .

I already use an old version of sampletank free and now i also use this new free sampletank 2.5 version .

..euhh , not all my guits are virtual , i also use my real guit  :)
Profile PM 
4thEden Offline

Posted: Dec. 21 2011, 05:51

I posted this a while ago (under Quietman) and now I have quite a few good e-bow patches.. I use IK Sampletank & Sonic synth a lot for my e-bow.

There is a pretty good one as well with Sonicouture which I havn't got but sounds pretty good..

Big Fish Audio have a new Guitar Soundscape library with e-bow samples... this collection sounds really good for ambient work...

--------------
Composin' until I'm decomposin'

http://soundcloud.com/quietman
www.4th-Eden.com
Profile PM 
15 replies since Oct. 08 2010, 18:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net