Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: DVD< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
David Mar Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 30 2002, 05:50

Does Mike do a lot more playing on the live version of M Bell?
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 31 2002, 00:23

if you mean more guitar playing than i would say hes always playing somethn in the concert.....i never noticed if he didnt at least so that must be a good thing.

if you meant playing more instruments...well....he plays guitar thru pretty much all of it.....he also plays the keyboard and also the piano from Lake Constance.....i tihnk thats the name...the one where hte harmonica comes in later.....he plays piano through that whole song.

hope i answered your question

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
David Mar Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2002, 04:44

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I meant guitar playing.  It's a pity that he plays so little guitar on the CD.

Then again, some of the sounds on his albums could be guitar synth or v-guitar - or guitars playing samples - who knows?!!!
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2002, 13:00

well there's some guitar playing in art in heaven track..very nice  :cool:

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Nov. 12 2002, 05:26

He plays more guitar in the non-MB tracks, which have some of his best guitar playing. He does usually seem to be playing something: I have noticed in the Doges Palace track that he is playing with the MIDI synth pickup guitar. Yes, the DVD has one of his best guitar parts on the Lightshow track. Wonderful!

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
4 replies since Aug. 30 2002, 05:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net