Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (12) < ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Double album to be released around September 2005< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 25 2005, 15:55

Quote (Deadcalm @ May 25 2005, 15:42)
Will we be getting a virtual Hologram on Stage
Singing the Virtual Vocals :)  could be interesting !!

Isn't this what Gorillaz do? AFAIK when they play live they have a screen on stage, onto which their cartoon alter-egos are projected, and they perform hidden behind it. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: May 25 2005, 16:31

It would be superb news for fans if all of Mike's releases came under one ownership. We might actually get some half decent releases aimed our way in terms of rarities collections etc. I do hope this new album has got some good solid tunes on it, Mercury promote it like buggery and Mike tours. I'd love to see Mike back on form again and reccognized for it, here's hoping.
Profile PM 
cjm Offline

Posted: May 25 2005, 16:53

Thank you for the translation help, Anne in the Rain!
Profile PM 
Ratty Offline

Posted: May 25 2005, 18:18

Quote (TOBY @ May 24 2005, 18:32)
I would have to recommend an album called Destroy Rock and Roll by a guy called Mylo.

Ive got this album, it is a fantastic album  :D

--------------
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: May 25 2005, 18:29

Quote (Sentinel101 @ May 25 2005, 20:18)
Oldfieldium (cover would be a periodic table with an additional element)

I like this idea very much. But Oldfieldium might be better title for a compilation album. There should be a sign or note besides Terbium though. :)

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 25 2005, 19:00

Thought about something like... Oldfielded  :D

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
EeToN Offline

Posted: May 25 2005, 21:39

...or Old Mercurian Fields. ;)

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: May 25 2005, 23:36

Just to correct you Anne in the Rain - Plum Bum is the latin for Lead, not mercury! Merury in latin is 'hydragyrum' = 'liquid silver." It's chemical symbol is Hg which is derived from the latin. "Hydragyrum" is quite an interesting name for an album don't you think?  ;)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Anne in the Rain Offline

Posted: May 26 2005, 04:34

:O How could I forget! Of course, you are right. Chemistry has never been my favourite subject but I thought I knew these elemental things.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: May 26 2005, 11:47

Don't worry Anne, I only know as I did a degree in Chemistry years ago. Elementary my dear watson :-)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: May 26 2005, 14:03

Quote (timshen @ May 25 2005, 23:36)
Plum Bum is the latin for Lead, not mercury!

Regardless, I am one of those who thinks that "Plum Bum" is not a very good album title, and would go over like a lead balloon (heh), as it refers to either a body part, or a lazy person laying in the gutter.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Anne in the Rain Offline

Posted: May 26 2005, 15:16

Quote (hiawatha @ May 26 2005, 14:03)
Regardless, I am one of those who thinks that "Plum Bum" is not a very good album title, and would go over like a lead balloon (heh), as it refers to either a body part, or a lazy person laying in the gutter.

I know :D That's why I changed "bum" to "boom". But I didn't mean it seriously.
Profile PM 
Horsey Offline

Posted: May 27 2005, 03:15

Fantastic news. Frankly, I thought Mike's "Tres Lunas" chillout album was a really important turning point. It returned Mike to his roots...., i.e. making music for the love of it! So, it will be really interesting to see what we are in for with Mikey's new double -album expected in September. I think we are in for something special. Incantations..ish?   ooh, I hope so!
Anyway, not so sure about "quicksilver". Sounds a bit quirky. Hey Mike, how about "frontiers", or something that sounds more progressive and revolutionary.... which is how your albums come across to me anyway.. always something a little bit different... and seething with new ideas.
Good luck with the new release Mike!  :)
Profile PM 

Posted: May 27 2005, 08:42

Quote (timshen @ May 25 2005, 23:36)
Plum Bum is the latin for Lead, not mercury!

Plumbum means "liquid silver" in latin and it's the origin of lead symbol on the periodic table.Saw this on webelements.com .

Although I'm an undergradutate Chemistry student,this is the kind of things we have to look up than getting to know immediately  :p

Regarding the new name of the album,what does matter to me is the music inside  ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: May 27 2005, 09:05

UGO

Would love to see the Gorillaz perform, I'm sure it would be money well spent.

And my fave suggestion for an album title so far is HYDRAGYRUM but how is it pronounced?

And isn't a HYDRA a 9 headed monster?

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: May 27 2005, 11:51

Thanks for correcting me Tati  :D Yes, Tubular Belle, I also thing Hydra would be a cool name for the album based on the latin for Mercury. :cool:

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
sohfar Offline

Posted: May 27 2005, 20:14

I think this piece should be PROMOTED like no other!...  All of Mikes works have been promoted like " Oh another piece by Mike Oldfield who Recorded Tubular Bells back in 1970 or somethin" "Also known as the theme from the exorcist.

Who the hell remembers that???? When there 12 - 16 - 17 - 25 - 30... No one!  Well Mike, come on Kick Ass with the Promo on this one and your works will be bought around the world alll over again and it is ONLY what YOU deserve.

Jesus Mike is probably the best composer of our time and that is the promotion he recieves, what the hell is going on??????

A name for the album...

Encephelon

It means the brain and maybe we could add 5656 for 'Good Measure'.....   1&2&3&4&5&&&&  lol

Encephelon 5656    

Which brings us all back to TSODE

Album cover a pastoral landscape similar to Hergest with maybe a red Kite flying in the distance.  (Being shot down by the jet no one can fly.... lol)

What a brain What a Heart & a Soul

thankyou Mike

Had a few tonight lol... Also I think he should talk to Syd Barrett for his next album & have some REAl vocal on there (That would be a REAL Bloody DIAMOND)

And... maybe another warning...

'WARNING you are listening to SYD,  Yes!  he's not bad actualy'    

lol   lol   lol

[I][B][I]

--------------
HEALTH WARNING
This record could be hazardous to the health
of cloth-eared nincompoops. If you suffer from this
condition, consult your Doctor immediately.
Profile PM 
sohfar Offline

Posted: May 27 2005, 20:24

We all have imagination & dreams : )

--------------
HEALTH WARNING
This record could be hazardous to the health
of cloth-eared nincompoops. If you suffer from this
condition, consult your Doctor immediately.
Profile PM 

Posted: May 27 2005, 22:57

A good marketing plan is needed for a doulbe album like the new one that is on its way.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: May 28 2005, 03:37

Yes, i agree, this album does need some good promotion,and seeing as it's the first release for a new label, then i would expect that Mercury would want to make a big deal of the fact, that they have Mike Oldfield on there books,taking Mark Knoplfer's last release as an example,which was September 2004,after the album came out,Mark went on a promo tour of Europe,to various radio and TV studios,even going back to Shangr-La studios where he made the album,to cut some live tracks,plus Mercury made him a good website for the album,with tour dates,and dowloads,and a video.

As for Syd Barrett,lol,i don't think Mike and Syd have anything in common,and Syd does'nt really talk to anyone these days that is not a member of his family.
Profile PM 
226 replies since May 13 2005, 08:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (12) < ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net